Dryers

Just wondering what peoples recomendations are for dryers. I have St bernards & Cavaliers. I'm looking at buying a 2nd hand one and not sure what to look for and how much to pay.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Barly,

We have a liberty and an oldfield.

The liberty was our first one and is now the one we keep in the trailer to take to shows.

We far prefer the oldfield for the Saints, it shoots the water out of their coats so easily and is just fabulous.

I did however, nearly blow my mum's Cav off the grooming table when I put it on him. :provoke::)

Oldfield, the double speed. High speed will get your Saints done in no time, then low for Cav's. Actually I think it's even got low, medium and high. I've treated mine terribly, never serviced and bought it about 10yrs ago. Love it love it love it!

I've got an old Simpson stand dryer and I love it!! I've had mine for about 13 years, never had it serviced, clean it myself and it has been thrown around in the car and moved from house to house and I have never had a problem with it.

It would take yonks to do a Saint with a Simpson, even a Cav too :confused:

I've never done a saint, but have done heaps of cavs, my goldens, shih Tzu and even husky's. I don't mind the extra time if it does a good job. I also love drying, I find it very relaxing :thumbsup:

Come and work for me! :thumbsup: I am over all the drying now.

I couldn't be without my Oldfields now, it really does cut the drying down to about one quarter of the time. I blast til about 95% dry and then use my Simpson to brush out and get the fluffed look (for Sibes, Saints etc).

I agree about the Simpsons, love mine. Best stand dryer that I've tried.

efs

Edited by Clyde

Oldfield, the double speed. High speed will get your Saints done in no time, then low for Cav's. Actually I think it's even got low, medium and high. I've treated mine terribly, never serviced and bought it about 10yrs ago. Love it love it love it!

I have an oldfield also but mine is only 2 years old and going strong.. and best of all its PINK!!!!.. Mine also has heat..

Oh PINK! Mine is boring old yellow. It doesn't have heat but heats up from the motor within minutes. I would love a pink one......... :eek:

We must have the same one Clyde, you can actually see the water shoot out of their coats!

Ours would be well over 10 years old too, it has never been serviced and certainly had plenty of wear.

It owes us nothing and if it died tomorrow, I would not hesitate on replacing it with another Oldfield the same........................but maybe in PINK! :thumbsup: :D

I would love a pink one too. :D

Edited by Lesley

Oh PINK! Mine is boring old yellow. It doesn't have heat but heats up from the motor within minutes. I would love a pink one......... :thumbsup:
Oh PINK! Mine is boring old yellow. It doesn't have heat but heats up from the motor within minutes. I would love a pink one......... :thumbsup:

We must have the same one Clyde, you can actually see the water shoot out of their coats!

Ours would be well over 10 years old too, it has never been serviced and certainly had plenty of wear.

It owes us nothing and if it died tomorrow, I would not hesitate on replacing it with another Oldfield the same........................but maybe in PINK! :thumbsup::rofl:

I would love a pink one too. :laugh:

fa42ae57.jpg

Have a look at Pupkus http://www.pupkus.com.au/product_info.php/products_id/62

I got mine from Petnetwork and I love it. Half the price of my previous Oldfield, and far more efficient.

http://www.petnetwork.com.au/cgi-bin/shopp...;cart_id=895965

You need to compare apples with apples with regard to dryer performance. How many motors has the dryer got? Where is it made? You will pay a lot less for a dryer made in China but you risk longevity and also the availability of parts and after sales service.