Smelly Puppy

Welcome to the forums and your pup is very cute :o

As an owner of 2 Mini Schnauzers I can give a little advice on the smell after feeding as both our 2 get all manner of food on their beards in the same way as your pup does.

We wash ours with Aloveen every 2 weeks, or more if they get muddy and dirty. It is a really good shampoo and the leave in conditioner is also excellent. I'd recommend it without even blinking!

Get them from your local petstock and wash regularly. Wouldnt hurt to do a small mixture to wash the face with if it gets too much. Also smell the ears for yeast infections a few days later, and make sure that after you wash your pup you dry the ears thoroughly :o

Good luck :eek:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome gelnncol. :o
If he's not been to the groomer yet, book him in NOW. He's going to need grooming for the rest of his life so its best to get them used to it young.

I second this 100%, I work at a grooming salon and Labrador x Poodle's are some of the most difficult dogs to do if they are not use to getting groomed. :eek:

Cool, i have booked him in for this Satureday, turns out a girl that my wife goes to gym with has been doing these guys for years

I think your puppy should be very happy to have you as his owner.... :o

Thanks Tokkie

Damn we love the little guy, lol didnt take long either he had won us over with in 10 minutes

thats because a labradoodle isn't a breed, so you refer to your dog on here as a lab cross or a poodle cross, the other is just a stupid made up name for a dog that is not a pure breed

does it really matter?

I am sure people get what the dog is by the so called stupid name so where is the problem?

others have said it

Edited by Jaxx'sBuddy

Welcome to the forums and your pup is very cute :o

As an owner of 2 Mini Schnauzers I can give a little advice on the smell after feeding as both our 2 get all manner of food on their beards in the same way as your pup does.

We wash ours with Aloveen every 2 weeks, or more if they get muddy and dirty. It is a really good shampoo and the leave in conditioner is also excellent. I'd recommend it without even blinking!

Get them from your local petstock and wash regularly. Wouldnt hurt to do a small mixture to wash the face with if it gets too much. Also smell the ears for yeast infections a few days later, and make sure that after you wash your pup you dry the ears thoroughly :o

Good luck :eek:

Hi

And thanks for the welcome.

Yeah we got some aloveen and i will grab some conditioner this week, the lady who is going ot groom him this weekend only uses aloveen as well so thats a bonus i think

Those Mini Schnauzers are funny little guys, my sisters friend has one, the little guy cracks me up with his personality

thats because a labradoodle isn't a breed, so you refer to your dog on here as a lab cross or a poodle cross, the other is just a stupid made up name for a dog that is not a pure breed

does it really matter?

I am sure people get what the dog is by the so called stupid name so where is the problem?

Yes it does

The problem is that this forum does not promote cross breeding, like it or not, your pup is a cross bred (but Im sure a very cute one). Now because this forum doesnt promote cross breeding we arent allowed to refer to designer breeds by their silly made up names, your pup is a Labrador x Poodle, you wont have any problems on this forum if you call him this, if you insist on calling him a Labradoodle you wont make many friends

Blunt and to the point I know, but its better being out in the open now, you will get a lot of very good advice from the people on this forum so please dont let comments about your dog being a cross bred drive you away :o , we are not pure breed snobs dont get me wrong, heaps of people on here own cross breds and love them just as much as their pure bred fur kids

As for the smell a few people have suggested clipping the fur around his muzzle to help keep it clean, Id probably do this

Hi

I am not arguing that he is a cross breed at all, more the fact of the name we call them thats all

As i said forum rules are forum rules

i would advise that you edit your post to reflect your cross bred dog and that will save you a lot of issues. :o

When you use Malaseb for a skin condition you are supposed to use it several times a week and leave it on the coat for 10 minutes before you wash it off and this treatment should go on for about a month.

So one or two washes does not a cure make!!!

If it is just the face whickies absorbing the food then, as others have said, you need to clip the face furs.

Fidos have a range of shampoos that have strong disguising deodorants in them that last for ages, if you want to get rid of the smell at bathtime.

When you use Malaseb for a skin condition you are supposed to use it several times a week and leave it on the coat for 10 minutes before you wash it off and this treatment should go on for about a month.

So one or two washes does not a cure make!!!

If it is just the face whickies absorbing the food then, as others have said, you need to clip the face furs.

Fidos have a range of shampoos that have strong disguising deodorants in them that last for ages, if you want to get rid of the smell at bathtime.

Hi

Yeah i have seen the Fidos range but i am a little worried that is might cause issues using stuff like this???