Victorian Dolers With Cameras

Kirislin

:thumbsup:

One of our often quoted lines "I might have fender stratocaster guitar, but it doesn't mean I can play like a rock star."

Hmmm... photographers have won awards with images taken on iphones. Maybe someone should turn up to take the photos on an old 3mp point and shoot.

It's not the song you sing, but the way you sing it. :thumbsup:

I was standing near a guy taking some night pics of that Vivid thing in Sydney the other week, freezing my butt off and trying to get it over with quickly. He wanted a chat. He went on about his camera, blah blah and I nodded. Told me it was a 5D and all. I had a cable release and he asked about that so I was polite. He asked my settings, I told him. I asked him what he was using and he said, "Dunno, don't take it off Auto". I'm not into the whole gear junkie thing but sometimes it is hard not to be wowed and yes, envious. So yes I was envious he had a 5D, I could never, ever afford one. :thumbsup: To be honest, I only take pics as I like to photograph nature (landscapes etc), wildlife and record some memories of beautiful places and I like seeking those out. It's kind of a form of meditation for me, wandering around wild places with just my camera and not knowing what I'll find. If I take some shots I'm happy with, then I'm happy but I'm pretty tough on myself and bin a lot. My 30D is pretty good though and will do me for the time being.

Edited by Ripley