Dr Chris Brown Publicised Buying A Pup From Petshop

tivins

He was on the 7 PM project tonight and I muted his section; I can't stand him.

And what's with this 15 month old pregnant mongrel he's dealing with next week or something? Not that her pregnancy is his fault but knowing him he'll probably advocate it. :)

Edited by alexhegyesi

f***ing website won't let me sign up!! Will try again later to register my disgust. shame on him

Me to, how do they know what im going to say :laugh:

Can anyone sign up to 10?, must not be taking new members :laugh:

same, I'll go back later too.

May be with cross posting this into the general rescue thread? I'm sure there are plenty of people on there who would like to comment on the Channel 10 forum?

I would, but I don't know how..... Or if that is allowed?

Aw gee, dont be so rough on poor Dr Chris ......

He went to a PET shop to buy a PET didnt he?

Anyone reading a sign like that outside a shop that said "PetShop" would think it would sell PETS ...... wouldnt they? :thumbsup:

To change the culture, you might have to start by changing the name that the shop is called.

And as for giving vets a bad name, well Souff has got news for you kids .... some vets have owned pet shops (and probably still do) and others have been involved in breeding establishments that supply pet shops with animals to sell.

At least the lovely Dr Chris hasn't bought his own pet shop yet. Can you imagine what a media mecca that would be?

Sigh.....

Souff

Edited by Souff

True, Souff. There are plenty of vets out there linked up to pet shops, to ensure new puppy buyers go to their clinic for their shots and therefore hopefully retaining them as clients. They are in the same league as Dr Chris, IMO, making money from pet shops.

I just find the whole commercial aspect of the TV vets we have, a load of crap. So much of the tv show is faked for dramatisation. Their 'referral' cases often aren't referred from Bondi at all. We've been called asking if we give permission for one of our cases to be on the show, as a Bondi case. Same with what goes on in his clinic - a friend had a dog HBC that ended up at Bondi seeing CB. More time spent getting the perfect shot and doing retakes than actually working on the dog.

Why can't we have a vet show like RPA? One that just shows it all how it is without the glamour and drama? And one with 'real' vets, rather than pretty boys and girls wanting to look cute on camera. Vets who don't get sucked in by the fame and fortune and end up promoting supermarket foods as the ultimate in pet nutrition.

I just have zero respect for him as a vet - IMO, not much of what he does sounds like what 'real' vets do.

True, Souff. There are plenty of vets out there linked up to pet shops, to ensure new puppy buyers go to their clinic for their shots and therefore hopefully retaining them as clients. They are in the same league as Dr Chris, IMO, making money from pet shops.

I just find the whole commercial aspect of the TV vets we have, a load of crap. So much of the tv show is faked for dramatisation. Their 'referral' cases often aren't referred from Bondi at all. We've been called asking if we give permission for one of our cases to be on the show, as a Bondi case. Same with what goes on in his clinic - a friend had a dog HBC that ended up at Bondi seeing CB. More time spent getting the perfect shot and doing retakes than actually working on the dog.

Why can't we have a vet show like RPA? One that just shows it all how it is without the glamour and drama? And one with 'real' vets, rather than pretty boys and girls wanting to look cute on camera. Vets who don't get sucked in by the fame and fortune and end up promoting supermarket foods as the ultimate in pet nutrition.

I just have zero respect for him as a vet - IMO, not much of what he does sounds like what 'real' vets do.

Souff's telly has a wonderful little gadget on it and I would have never have bought the set without it.

It is called the "Off" switch and probably will be the first thing to wear out because it is the part that gets the most use! :thumbsup:

Oh and no thanks, I really dont want to see "real"vet action in my living room .... Souff knows what a total wreck a person can look like in the middle of the night when assisting with an emergency C-section! :rolleyes:

Then again, I suppose they could show those shots of vets trying to find a tiny microchip on the floor, after it had popped out of the folded skin.

There would be a pile of scenes that some vet staff would like to see shown about their bosses, I suppose ... interesting thought actually :(

TV is an illusion and an advertisers cash flow .... get rid of the box and get a fish tank instead!

Souff

Souff's telly has a wonderful little gadget on it and I would have never have bought the set without it.

It is called the "Off" switch and probably will be the first thing to wear out because it is the part that gets the most use! :rofl:

Oh and no thanks, I really dont want to see "real"vet action in my living room .... Souff knows what a total wreck a person can look like in the middle of the night when assisting with an emergency C-section! :laugh:

Then again, I suppose they could show those shots of vets trying to find a tiny microchip on the floor, after it had popped out of the folded skin.

There would be a pile of scenes that some vet staff would like to see shown about their bosses, I suppose ... interesting thought actually :laugh:

TV is an illusion and an advertisers cash flow .... get rid of the box and get a fish tank instead!

Souff

But where would we get the fish from Souff :rofl: from an evil pet shop that no doubt knows that most fish in the aquarium trade are wild caught, I say buy a book or a packet of vegie seeds and spend some quality time with nature

But where would we get the fish from Souff :rofl: from an evil pet shop that no doubt knows that most fish in the aquarium trade are wild caught, I say buy a book or a packet of vegie seeds and spend some quality time with nature

Hmmm, that is a point. But personally, I dont have that big a problem with pet shops selling fish, because out in the wildwaters they are going to get gobbled up by some bigger fish or creature anyway.

Cas, Souff is not really into watching vegies grow anymore. My enthusiasm was killed off by possums. Every vegie or fruit I tried to grow, well, those rotten fuzzy brown creatures would sneak in and have a nighttime feast just before things were ready to use .... they even had the gall to leave me the peeled skins to clean up!!!!

I am still trying to think of the most suitable revenge. I did have some ideas about growing things under glass, so that the possums could walk all over the glass, see all the goodies under the glass, drool all over it if they wished but not be able to touch a bluddy thing ..... hehe, yes, that idea still sounds like a goodie. It is on Souff's Project List .....

Souff, I have the same problem with bloody birds the day the cherries are ready on the tree, I always say "tomorrow is the day" and come out to find nothing but pips on the ground. I am sure the little flying b@stards sit in the tree laughing at my tears and screams of frustration. Then I get in the car and drive to the cherry orchard and pay the grower $12 per kg just to get my fix :rofl:

He was on the 7 PM project tonight and I muted his section; I can't stand him.

And what's with this 15 month old pregnant mongrel he's dealing with next week or something? Not that her pregnancy is his fault but knowing him he'll probably advocate it. :laugh:

I'm not usually impressed by him either but you should have listened to what he had to say. That little dog he brought onto the 7pm Project was from a Rescue group. He also commented that people should be aware of where their dogs come from, to make sure they are from reputable sources, not puppy farms, to ensure they were healthy and had been vaccinated.

I'm not usually impressed by him either but you should have listened to what he had to say. That little dog he brought onto the 7pm Project was from a Rescue group. He also commented that people should be aware of where their dogs come from, to make sure they are from reputable sources, not puppy farms, to ensure they were healthy and had been vaccinated.

He needs to make up his mind.

He needs to make up his mind.

Oh, he is probably just practicing the ancient art of fencesitting .... and you know what happens to fence sitters dont you?

Yep, they end up with splinters in the bum! hehehe

So who watched Bondi Vet more cynically last night? ME! Everything he did was all for the cameras - here let me carry the pelican, here let me bring a puppy back to life, here let me help the mum bond with her babies. It was making me sick! I love animal shows but don't think I can watch him anymore - he's gone too tv and not enough vet for me.

So who watched Bondi Vet more cynically last night? ME! Everything he did was all for the cameras - here let me carry the pelican, here let me bring a puppy back to life, here let me help the mum bond with her babies. It was making me sick! I love animal shows but don't think I can watch him anymore - he's gone too tv and not enough vet for me.

Ugh ....sitting on the kennel floor helping mum bond with her pups (all for the camera :D)