Perth Show

Chocolate

I've looked through the list and can't find anything on this but yesterday at the show we were asked to show our dogs own bite and when I asked some one about this I was told there is parvo around. I haven't heard anything about it so would like to find out how rife it is in Perth at the moment.

stupid question but are we allowed to say to the judge we will show the bite for protection of our own dogs???

I believe you can, but not 100% sure. That is very interesting that thats the reason given

i always make sure the dog i am handling will let me show its bite, as you never know when a judge is going to ask it

:laugh: those who would come down to a show if they had cases of parvo at home!!

stupid question but are we allowed to say to the judge we will show the bite for protection of our own dogs???

I believe you can, but not 100% sure. That is very interesting that thats the reason given

i always make sure the dog i am handling will let me show its bite, as you never know when a judge is going to ask it

:laugh: those who would come down to a show if they had cases of parvo at home!!

I reckon i was talking to one of the organisers yesterday and she told me about showing my own dogs bite which i practice anyway (bit harder when she has just cut three teeth and is mouth sensitive at the moment) but being a baby i am very concerned that someone could be so heartless to risk other peoples dogs and i guess i never realyl thought about the judge touching so many dogs and spreading germs, so would rather if allowed continue to show my own dogs teeth for health reasons

Hmmm that makes me less enthusiastic about showing next weekend if it is under cover. :laugh:

yeah i just heard this too isn't the winter festival a big big show?? how will that go under cover?? i just went out and brought an oztrail gazebo for the weekend too rofl :laugh:

Hmmm that makes me less enthusiastic about showing next weekend if it is under cover. :laugh:

yeah i just heard this too isn't the winter festival a big big show?? how will that go under cover?? i just went out and brought an oztrail gazebo for the weekend too rofl :laugh:

Just saw the weather and looks like it will be wet. Might have to re-think this show.

yeah i just heard this too isn't the winter festival a big big show?? how will that go under cover?? i just went out and brought an oztrail gazebo for the weekend too rofl :D

Just saw the weather and looks like it will be wet. Might have to re-think this show.

awwww no lincoln how is he looking now? doing much better i hope :laugh:

He was at a Rally Obidience seminar down that way today, his hair is growing back well but he needs a reminder of how to act in a show ring. :laugh:

ahh isn't the show ring fro bunny hopping, pulling on the lead, kissing the judges, getting belly rubs and trying to play with the puppy in front??? lol

He was at a Rally Obidience seminar down that way today, his hair is growing back well but he needs a reminder of how to act in a show ring. :laugh:

ahh isn't the show ring fro bunny hopping, pulling on the lead, kissing the judges, getting belly rubs and trying to play with the puppy in front??? lol

Not once they are in minor apparently. :laugh:

Not once they are in minor apparently. :laugh:

Lol poor lincoln all grown up :D

Parvo has been very rife in WA for a while now :p A friend lost one pup in a litter at home and all of the others were very sick after they took one of the adults to a show and didn't disinfect when returning home (the adult dog was perfectly fine). While they might have picked it up elsewhere chances are it was picked up at the show. And most likely it wasn't people taking sick dogs to the show but dogs (or people!) "carrying" the virus :p

As to the Winter Festival being under cover... it is a split show so there should be more than enough room :) Unless you get the normal people who go and set stuff up on Friday and then leave it up all weekend without using it :): Personally we desperately need the rain so if it means I will be slightly "inconvenienced" I really don't care :vomit:

ETA: My guys haven't been to a show since mid-April, so I really need to remind them how to be show dogs this week :)

Edited by mirawee

At show class tonight (I had to go so me and Lincoln remembered what to do) we had to show our own dogs bites, so I guess we will this weekend too.

thanks for that will keep practicing

No results from Southern River? Or is this one of the shows where we have to wait until after the second day? The weather looks foul :laugh:

weather was awful on fri. i didn't hang around on fri after i bombed i know group 6 puppy of group was a rotti

sat group 6 best in group was rotti (sumo) baby was bull mastiff and puppy was akita i missed the others.

edited to add i was in lala land runner up in group 6 was the portuguese water dog

Group seven best in group was the standard poodle and runner up was a boston terrier???? i think that was what it is called

Edited by emery

sat

BIS Corgi

RUIS Std Poodle

grp

chi smooth

staffy

goldie

whippet

corgi

std poodle

Classes