Agility Training Talk Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: Ah, good. For a long time, I couldn't get in position to do them - now I can with Kirra - sometimes. Don't know that I'll ever be ahead of Rory - well except on a lead out - or in a pin wheel :rofl: .

You could just do what I tend to do and time it wrong so the dog almost collides with you and has to spring sideways to avoid me - hahah on second thought probably best not to :p

It's a really useful move...only problem is you have to be in front of the dog when you do it :-).

rasberry.gif Not necessarily Tassie

Well, I guess I should have said - in front of in terms of where the dog is going. Or do you have a secret move, Vickie - in which case ... care to share .... :) (Mind you - you'd probably have to be as young and as good a handler as you are to make it work :laugh: - I need the senior's version :rofl: .)

You could just do what I tend to do and time it wrong so the dog almost collides with you and has to spring sideways to avoid me - hahah on second thought probably best not to :p

:rofl: pie. Hmm - with 21 kg of flying muscle - maybe not :laugh: .

Independence and trust Tassie!!! ;)

:rofl: ,,, and verbal directionals, AD :laugh: - and rear crosses - working on all of the above! Just need time - and way more daylight than we have atm.

Or as Millie does, just bowls me over and make me go A over T because I was silly enough to be there in the first place!

And I swear I am going to break my neck trying not to break Pippa's neck eek1.gif

It's a really useful move...only problem is you have to be in front of the dog when you do it :-).

Well, I guess I should have said - in front of in terms of where the dog is going. Or do you have a secret move, Vickie

:) not a secret move, but I do have a Front Cross collection cue, and I do expect my dogs to remain in collection until I get to where I need to be. Occasionally (ideally not often) that means that I am behind when I give it & they are forced to move around me to take the next extension cue.

Independence and trust Tassie!!! ;)

:rofl: ,,, and verbal directionals, AD :laugh: - and rear crosses - working on all of the above! Just need time - and way more daylight than we have atm.

:thumbsup:

Did you see CK's lalalalalala cue? he LOVES it. even offers it now when I take them out to get fed!!

Just Zig and me at yesterday's agility trial - a 6.30am start seeing as it was my club plus a bit of catering as well. Em is still in season so Zig manages to have his head in the clouds and his nose on the ground simultaneously :love: :laugh: Nevertheless he tried his Spotted heart out DESPITE my awful handling...I think life is just TOO busy and I really did feel like packing up and going home!!! Managed to ruin several lovely runs in a new and creative way every time...pulled him off a 180 with an early front cross in one run, slipped and thus cued a hard decel in the next run and sent him over the wrong jump in yet another :cry: Finally a nice run for both of us in a fast, flowing (for once!) Masters Jumping course that really blew the cobwebs out - didn't come anywhere to mention overall but managed 3rd place 600 height. Our best run was a really tough Masters Agility course with a tricky weave entry (a jump blocking handler position) and tunnel/A-frame discriminations (going twice over the A-frame) - only 9 quallies from 50 entries - 5th place overall and 1st place 600 height. We were both a bit tired today - I keep telling Zig that's because he used up so much energy flirting with every girly dog he came across. They all thought he was super sexy too :D

Edited by The Spotted Devil

They all thought he was super sexy too
- well of course they did!

It's always nice on a mucky sort of day, to have a couple of runs that feel really great - especially if they end up as Qs. Well done to you and the sexy lad.

Well done on the quallies TSD :thumbsup:

Thought I'd post this here, I'm pretty stoked with this as 1) it shows how much I got my video camera out this year for training, which is a major improvement for me! and 2) I'm having so much fun training with Silvia. Amazing how we went from a few weeks of skills to this platform where we could give just about anything a go with some imagination and patience :) This is Bowie's graduation for Silvia Trkman's puppy class. There was so much more skills and things I could add but it took forever to load to youtube at 4 mins :eek:

Well done on the quallies TSD :thumbsup:

Thought I'd post this here, I'm pretty stoked with this as 1) it shows how much I got my video camera out this year for training, which is a major improvement for me! and 2) I'm having so much fun training with Silvia. Amazing how we went from a few weeks of skills to this platform where we could give just about anything a go with some imagination and patience :) This is Bowie's graduation for Silvia Trkman's puppy class. There was so much more skills and things I could add but it took forever to load to youtube at 4 mins :eek:

What a clever boy he is :) I want to do it with Shock (10 weeks) but haven't got around to it yet. Plenty of time though :D

Well, I guess I should have said - in front of in terms of where the dog is going. Or do you have a secret move, Vickie

:) not a secret move, but I do have a Front Cross collection cue, and I do expect my dogs to remain in collection until I get to where I need to be. Occasionally (ideally not often) that means that I am behind when I give it & they are forced to move around me to take the next extension cue.

This sounds confusing! Im luckly I have a slow 10kg Westie so dont have to worry about him heading out infront!