Agility Training Talk Thread

hey kelpiechick, the DVD sounds very handy! where did you get that one from? :)

www.tug-e-nuff.co.uk

They have some great looking toys too but unfortunately won't post their toys OS as they haven't paid to insure them, DVD's are OK though.

Definitely worthwhile adding to your collection IMO.

He breaks every exercise down into flatwork, one jump, two jumps, three jumps, etc. and is very big on creating a balance between working close and driving ahead.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

www.tug-e-nuff.co.uk

They have some great looking toys too but unfortunately won't post their toys OS as they haven't paid to insure them, DVD's are OK though.

He breaks every exercise down into flatwork, one jump, two jumps, three jumps, etc. and is very big on creating a balance between working close and driving ahead.

just had a look! not too bad a price :) do you recall how much shipping was and how long it took by any chance? not important if you cant remember, ill just email them and find out :)

www.tug-e-nuff.co.uk

just had a look! not too bad a price :) do you recall how much shipping was and how long it took by any chance? not important if you cant remember, ill just email them and find out :)

Looks good, I'm interested too but lacking in funds!

www.tug-e-nuff.co.uk

I ordered mine around November last year and just looked up past bank statement - all up with postage it was just on $60 AUS, but I did get the DVD a little cheaper than what they are charging now as it was a special offer when it was first released. (Not a huge difference though from memory)

They were extremely efficient at sending it , sent an email the same day I ordered apologising that they wouldn't be able to get it in the mail until the next day as they were in the middle of a snowstorm.

Could someone please point me in the direction of finding out what shadow handling is?

this vid helped me understand it a bit better! :)

That kind of helped, but the dog is only ever on her left, I am assuming becasue she says outside circle and inside cirle both ways she means to have them on the left and the right side. If not, doing it only on the left makes no sense to me what so ever.

Could someone please point me in the direction of finding out what shadow handling is?

Shadow handling is practicing your moves withouth the dog( a lot of people confuse it with flatwork) so things like front cross footwork, lead out pivot footwork, serpentine footwork/arms, etc.

Flatwork is running/moving with your dog 'on the flat' with no obstacles, so things like circle running, running to a motivator on the ground, lead out pivots with no jumps, etc. In fact all the moves that you teach in foundation before getting on equipment.

Now this makes sense to me, can you point me in the direction of somewhere to find exercises to practice etc.

That kind of helped, but the dog is only ever on her left, I am assuming becasue she says outside circle and inside cirle both ways she means to have them on the left and the right side. If not, doing it only on the left makes no sense to me what so ever.

i think in another vid she says she doesnt show the other side as they are still trying to get it right! :laugh: but yeah, inside and outside circles on both the left and right. you can start to add figure 8s and front crosses etc as well as accel and decel work.

oooooooooh this time tomorrow we will have finished our first agility trial! super excited!

our goals are:

ME: to make it around the course without getting lost ( :rofl: )

KUDA: to run with me and have a ball!

the trial is at our training grounds, so i know her confidence will be good there. this is why i am making this our first one! if she misses anything im not going to stop/resend/correct her. id rather spend the first couple of trials making sure her confidence and motivation are super high!!! :D

well, i will see you back here this time tomorrow to let you know how we went! :laugh:

i think in another vid she says she doesnt show the other side as they are still trying to get it right! :laugh: but yeah, inside and outside circles on both the left and right. you can start to add figure 8s and front crosses etc as well as accel and decel work.

okay well that makes much more sense :) might have to go play I think :)

OMG! so proud of my super dog kuda! she made her mama so proud tonight! our goals were for me to not get lost, and for kuda to have fun, and stay motivated....

weeeeeeell...our first run was open jumpers, and we decided to just run it and have fun...that we did, got a DQ but still had fun...

then we got a Q AND 1ST PLACE in strategic pairs and a Q AND 1ST PLACE IN NOVICE JUMPING!!! couldnt be happier! :D :thumbsup: