Something I Notice This Morning

W Sibs

At my old place... Charlie was the smallest dog in the street.. and the new place, he is still the smallest in the street. my old street was a lot of crossbreed (DD dogs and proud of them :( )

Esky.. does your bf's family planning to desex their dogs? I've never owned a dog that hasn't been speyed.. even Emmy is getting speyed soon.

gila.. weird, huh? lol

FIL is being a real 'man' about it and doesn't want his dog to lose its balls. No taking the hint after his dog has already sired 3 litters

You can do vasectomies on dogs, perhaps he'd be more interested in that? That way the dog could keep his balls but stop siring litters...

We are on acerage and only have 3 neighbours to the left and one across the road and i think only one neighbour has dogs the second house up from us, one i think is a purebred bc but not sure if its a reg'd one and a small mix breed i think, Atm me, my partner and my two kids are staying with my parents while we save etc to buy our own place and they have midget she was ment to be a miniture foxy (mum didnt know at the time but it would of been a byb) she is now 14 and old n going blind and deaf, they recently got a whippet puppy cindy, and i have my purebred reg'd toy poodle Fez, elar the lab who is purebred and on mains reg but shouldnt be, i didnt realise at the time people could still be byb with reg'd dogs.

There are Kelpies, a Malamutes, 2 Huskies, a Cocker Spaniel, a Pug, a Shih Tzu, a Mini Foxy and now a Japanese Spitz. All purebred and bought from registered breeders!!

Correct me please if I'm wrong, but I didn't realise a Mini Foxy was a recognised breed here in Australia :) Or elsewhere for that matter?

Edited by Sir WJ

I don't know my neighbours all that well, but from what I can tell most of the dogs I see in our street are all x breed. One family in particular have thier 2 well 1 now roaming the street outside thier house and one got ran over, but still they let the other little one roam around and left to its own devices. It doesn't go away but is always just sitting on the road looking forlorne. I just don't get people Ahh hello one dogs gets killed by a car and they still leave the other one out, where is the logic in that. Sorry a bit off topic!!

All purebred and bought from registered breeders!!

That's something I like to hear!! ^

Next door has to two muttiest dogs ever, :) Then I think the rest of the street have non-registered purebreds, (apart from a couple other mixes), but I can't be sure where they're from. Many are pet shop puppies :)

hmm, I have a pound puppy acdx, neighbour has a pet shop cocker x poodle (I think), he didn't ask me about where to get a puppy. Neighbour across road has an old and naughty beagle, and a younger and naughiter beagle x cav, who really thinks she is a beagle too but more likely to come back when called. Next neighbour has a dalmation from the pound - looks 100% to me but you can't be sure unless you see the papers. Up the road is an ancient wire haired JRT type thing, and across from that a long legged short coat border collie cross - also from pound. Not sure he gets walked enough. And then the golden retriever, the bull terrier (gorgeous all white squeaky voiced sook), and a rotty cross. And over the back about three labradors, and a boxer.

So we have a fair mix.

Locally at the oval I walk to - there are all sorts, pound puppies, pet shop puppies (sigh) and pure breds. And the people are a bit like that too.

Our next door neighbour who promptly welcomed us to the street the day we moved in is a registered breeder and a regular showie of several small breeds....rest of the street though is mutts and yapping ones at that!

There are Kelpies, a Malamutes, 2 Huskies, a Cocker Spaniel, a Pug, a Shih Tzu, a Mini Foxy and now a Japanese Spitz. All purebred and bought from registered breeders!!

Correct me please if I'm wrong, but I didn't realise a Mini Foxy was a recognised breed here in Australia :) Or elsewhere for that matter?

that's what I thought too!

my street is huge but I know there are three rescue mutts in it though :)

I think J. and a neighbour's BC are the only purebreds in the street. I know one of the mutts is a rescue and there's a backyard bred labrador. I've no idea of the other dogs' origins. At one point I'm sure one house had a ridgeback that was rarely seen, but they may have moved.

In our street we have two "English staffies" Can I get an universal :laugh:?

a Ridgeback X

and no less than FOUR oodles. Well, that's not entirely accurate. There's a Labradoodle, a Morkie, a snoodle and a dallydoo.

There may be more that I don't know of, but those are the ones we've met. Moon is the only pure and the tallest by 13 inches