Those Who Have Petplan

RubyStar

If Petplan debit your account monthly for your dog's cover, double check they have in fact been taking the money out.

I noticed today that I didn't have any debits from Petplan in a while, which concerned me because I never cancelled my policy. I had a phone call from someone at Petplan sometime end of last year saying they have changed their payment system over to a new one and as a result, my payments hadn't been deducted. They asked if I wanted my payments brought up in line in one hit, I said yes, and gave them a new credit card number.

Not thinking about it again til now, I find out they have CANCELLED my policy for non-payment :laugh: So for over 6 months, my dog hasn't been covered!! I am FURIOUS, and oh so thankful she has been in good health in this time or I would have been up sh*t creek so to speak. So I have requested that my payments be brought up to date so I have no lapse in my policy. The no lapse is my biggest concern, because if they take it out as a new policy, very conveniently they will no longer cover anything I had claimed with them previously!!!!

So everyone check your accounts to make sure you're still covered, as it seems their new payment system is a piece of poo!!

That is shocking. I am with them and would have left ages ago but my boy was sick (gastro) and if I move tummy-related stuff might not be covered by a new insurer.

I know people have had good experiences with Petplan, but I am not one of them. They have given me grief in the past on a couple of occasions, and now this. The only reason I am with them and choosing to pay almost a year of cover a year after the fact is to continue my cover so my dog will be covered if anything else happens to her related to her previous conditions. Otherwise I would give them the big middle finger and take her elsewhere like I took my other dog.

I noticed today that I didn't have any debits from Petplan in a while, which concerned me because I never cancelled my policy.

I've had a similar thing happen with a security company ... they just didn't bother deducting for ages and then sold the "debt" to a fairly pushy debt collection company ... not happy Jan.

I check my statements pretty thoroughly for trx that should NOT be there ... somehow it's more challenging to check for things that should be and aren't.

Time for another bloody checklist.

I check my statements pretty thoroughly for trx that should NOT be there ... somehow it's more challenging to check for things that should be and aren't.

That is what I told them. I don't go checking for things that are MISSING. Lesson learnt, yes I should. You can't trust companies who want your money to actually take it!! :laugh:

What happened to you sounds awful!

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm trying to decide on pet insurance for my Labrador puppy, and although I've read a few of the previous threads on the topic on here, I think I'm even more confused! :laugh: So far I've looked at PIA, Medibank and HCF (because that's who I have my health insrance through). They all seem to be much the same. How do you choose???

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm trying to decide on pet insurance for my Labrador puppy, and although I've read a few of the previous threads on the topic on here, I think I'm even more confused! :laugh: So far I've looked at PIA, Medibank and HCF (because that's who I have my health insrance through). They all seem to be much the same. How do you choose???

you need to read the PDS's very carefully - they are not all the same. I went with PetPlan because, if your dog gets a long term illness, they cover your dog for the lifetime of the illness. All of the other ones I looked into only cover it for the first year (might have changed, but this is how it was when I looked into it).

Thanks Rubystar, going to go check my account to see if this months has come off, I always double check that it has though as I often have claims in. We will stay with Petplan due to the fact that his allergies wont be covered if we move but also because they were the only ones willing to consider covering his tear ducts in 24 months if he has had no other eye issues....

Thanks Rubystar, going to go check my account to see if this months has come off, I always double check that it has though as I often have claims in. We will stay with Petplan due to the fact that his allergies wont be covered if we move but also because they were the only ones willing to consider covering his tear ducts in 24 months if he has had no other eye issues....

Sounds like you'll be fine. This was a stuffup from when they changed their system about last November, doubled with a staff member stuffup who took my new credit card number down and said if I don't hear from them, it went through ok. Apparently not, love :laugh: If you've been debited since then you're ok.

you need to read the PDS's very carefully - they are not all the same. I went with PetPlan because, if your dog gets a long term illness, they cover your dog for the lifetime of the illness. All of the other ones I looked into only cover it for the first year (might have changed, but this is how it was when I looked into it).

No that's not true at all. Things must have changed.

There are many pet insurance3 companies out there and there have been many discussions here rgarding pet insurance - if you do a search, you will find rather an awful lot of threads to read :laugh: but lots of useful info.

What a pain RubyStar! So lucky not to need to claim during that time. All is fine with our policy, I had to renew credit card details in March and payments are going out. Good thing as I'm about to put in another claim (only just banked the last one :laugh: )

Im with Petplan and was having deductions monthly for 3 dogs, then they changed to another system / company for deductions and it still remained as monthly just in 3 amounts on the same day then it went from 2 amount one day and the 3rd the following day, Im still waiting for an explanation on this and all I can get is 'thats just the way they do it' They didnt not deduct though it still came out on time well all bar the 3rd lot. Why take it out in 3 separate amounts instead of the whole amount in one hit?

Was with them, not for my dogs though but horses, the renewal came through recently and 1 horse had increased by $160 for the year and well the other horse had apparently disappeared from the face of the earth, when questioned they told me I never had the other horse covered, umm yes I did had it on the last form with my float & horse gear. Ended up sick of the arguement and have now cancelled all policies, just hoping now that they cancel the direct debit!!!

I had the complete opposite problem with my insurance company.. I looked on my statement and saw that some money had been taken out of my account. I had to call the bank cause the name didnt sound familiar.. It was medibank but they trade as someone else.

They had taken my premiums out of my account, without sending me a copy of my new policy or any type of notification...Its lucky that Im happy with them and am staying with them. :)

Was with them, not for my dogs though but horses, the renewal came through recently and 1 horse had increased by $160 for the year and well the other horse had apparently disappeared from the face of the earth, when questioned they told me I never had the other horse covered, umm yes I did had it on the last form with my float & horse gear. Ended up sick of the arguement and have now cancelled all policies, just hoping now that they cancel the direct debit!!!

You know in typical fashion, when you don't want them to take money, they will!! Whereas I wanted them to, and they didn't! :rofl:

I had the complete opposite problem with my insurance company.. I looked on my statement and saw that some money had been taken out of my account. I had to call the bank cause the name didnt sound familiar.. It was medibank but they trade as someone else.

They had taken my premiums out of my account, without sending me a copy of my new policy or any type of notification...Its lucky that Im happy with them and am staying with them. :eek:

They trade as Petsure, right? I have one of mine with Medibank and that is what shows on my statement, which is why it didn't twig immediately (or a few months later :eek:) that Petplan weren't taking my money. I saw some company with Pet in the name and thought all was good. You usually have your problem, not mine, when it comes to those nasty direct debits!!! The worst for it are Gyms :)

Im with Petplan and was having deductions monthly for 3 dogs, then they changed to another system / company for deductions and it still remained as monthly just in 3 amounts on the same day then it went from 2 amount one day and the 3rd the following day, Im still waiting for an explanation on this and all I can get is 'thats just the way they do it' They didnt not deduct though it still came out on time well all bar the 3rd lot. Why take it out in 3 separate amounts instead of the whole amount in one hit?

:) That's insurance companies for you :eek:

You know in typical fashion, when you don't want them to take money, they will!! Whereas I wanted them to, and they didn't! :rofl:

They had taken my premiums out of my account, without sending me a copy of my new policy or any type of notification...Its lucky that Im happy with them and am staying with them. :rofl:

They trade as Petsure, right? I have one of mine with Medibank and that is what shows on my statement, which is why it didn't twig immediately (or a few months later :eek:) that Petplan weren't taking my money. I saw some company with Pet in the name and thought all was good. You usually have your problem, not mine, when it comes to those nasty direct debits!!! The worst for it are Gyms :)

Yep it was pet sure... I was like, what the hell did I spend that much money on.. I was going through my head all the things I had brought my girls in the last week and was like... Crap they are spolit.. Then I figured it out :eek: