Aggression Towards My Girls

Marley'z Mum

Did you say your son feeds the dog?

Yes, why?

Because he's the only child you say the pup doesn't seem to react aggressively to.

I suggest you start rotating the feeding duties among all three children. The food provider is the bringer of good things. I don't know if it will help adjust the pup's attitude but it sure can't hurt.

x2

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JB I dont think I am 'yes butting' as u call it AT ALL....... again if u read over the post from the start I was and am taking this seriously.... I'm not going to go over everything again...

I suggest you start rotating the feeding duties among all three children. The food provider is the bringer of good things. I don't know if it will help adjust the pup's attitude but it sure can't hurt

started this, today :laugh:

I apologise if I flew of the handle, I do understand people are just worried, maybe if you new me as a person (rather than words on a computer screen) you wouldn't have had to be so worried, believe it or not this whole thing has been eating at me for the last couple of days

I will post how saturday goes, if anyone is interested

My now 4yo pound mongrel growled at one of my daughters and my husband a couple of times as a puppy, they were giving her a hug at the time.

I banned hugging of the dog and got them involved in training her. Nothing full on just a minute or two a day with treats.

She is fine now, she never bit anyone or growled for any other reason she was just a bit timid and didn't feel comfortable being hugged.

Now she will dive across a room for a hug :thumbsup:

I found it quite worrying at the time but some simple management and respect for the signals the pup was giving us solved the problem for us and she has grown into a fantastic dog.

Hi all

Just thought I would poke my head back in here to show this pic that I took this morning......

This puppy is very confusing lol.... I took this photo this morning before I went to work, my daughter was laying on the lounge, and puppy was cold so climbed up for a cuddle?????

like I have said before, fine with her 99% of the time......... weeeeeeiiiiirrrdddd

post-35034-1279627296_thumb.jpg

My now 4yo pound mongrel growled at one of my daughters and my husband a couple of times as a puppy, they were giving her a hug at the time.

I banned hugging of the dog and got them involved in training her. Nothing full on just a minute or two a day with treats.

She is fine now, she never bit anyone or growled for any other reason she was just a bit timid and didn't feel comfortable being hugged.

Now she will dive across a room for a hug ;)

I found it quite worrying at the time but some simple management and respect for the signals the pup was giving us solved the problem for us and she has grown into a fantastic dog.

Not many dogs like to be hugged at all, good on you for stepping in.

Edited by sas

and puppy was cold so climbed up for a cuddle?????
fine with her 99% of the time......... weeeeeeiiiiirrrdddd

Nothing weird about it,really :p MARLEY made the rule !HE decided to climb up - so of course he had nothing to be grumpy about :rofl: It is a lot different to your daughter wanting him to do something .

have a look here- LINK which may help explain it better . ;)

he is getting to look very cute, btw. :rofl:

I did not need 15 people tell me the same thing

Well you're going to get that on a forum where lots of dog savvy people frequent, lots of people share the same views and regardless of the fact you didn't appreciate being told the same thing by 15 different posters, it might be an idea to realise they're obviously all viewing the situation in a similar manner :confused:

Did you say your son feeds the dog?

Yes, why?

Because he's the only child you say the pup doesn't seem to react aggressively to.

I suggest you start rotating the feeding duties among all three children. The food provider is the bringer of good things. I don't know if it will help adjust the pup's attitude but it sure can't hurt.

x2

I agree with PF & Jaxx

Pers touched briefly on the photo you posted of the puppy with your daughter (on the lounge), I agree with her comments, he took it upon himself to get on the lounge, he should have been instantly told to get down and only allowed on the lounge when invited (and that's not something that should happen until well into the future when he's obedient, respectful and well versed in house rules).

Edited by Aziah