Crate Training For An Entire Bitch

Hi all im new to the dog world with my 5 month white german shepherd girl, Ivy. myself and my breeder are planning on having a litter with her in a few years but for now i was thinking of crate training her for the times when she is on heat so i can keep her at my own house rather than sending her off to my breeders place. also where to get a good crate 48" or bigger without too much expense!

I am just after some advice on crates, and how to crate train and also crating her for these times when she is in season. any advice or comments are welcomed!!

Louise

Edited by lopolla

If you can get hold of Susan Garret's DVD "Crate Games" it explains it all, especially how to make the crate a very special place for your dog.

I got my 48" wire crate from Petstock on a 1/2 price special for $110. You could also pick up one from Ebay. I bought my canvas cover to suit the crate from Ebay.

Hi all im new to the dog world with my 5 month white german shepherd girl, Ivy. myself and my breeder are planning on having a litter with her in a few years but for now i was thinking of crate training her for the times when she is on heat so i can keep her at my own house rather than sending her off to my breeders place. also where to get a good crate 48" or bigger without too much expense!

I am just after some advice on crates, and how to crate train and also crating her for these times when she is in season. any advice or comments are welcomed!!

Louise

You're meaning to just have her crated for short periods through the day during her seasons, aren't you? :happydance2:

• 3 weeks later...

Louise

You're meaning to just have her crated for short periods through the day during her seasons, aren't you? :shrug:

she does mean that, she can reply herself to fill you in further. Her pup is beautifully trained and cared for, I can assure you of that :D

She is just preparing for uni days if her housemates are not home.