Just Wanted To Share...

PoppyDog

Our 8 month old CKCS X is our first ever puppy. She was a HUUUUUUGE learning curve and we found toilet training a long hard battle but got there in the end! ;)

She now goes in and out as she pleases and never has an accident inside. As long as the back sliding doors are open for her.

Night toilet training took us the LONGEST and we eventually crate trained her which worked perfectly! After she was desexed at 6 months my fiance got soft and wanted her to sleep on the bed "just one night". Needless to say she doesn't use her crate anymore!

I'm a really light sleeper so if she jumped off the bed I would know that meant she needed to be taken out to go toilet.

The last few days have been REALLY warm where we are! So Poppy has taken to sleeping on the shower mat in our ensuite or next to my side of our bed.

Last night my fiance and I were in bed, lights out, Poppy on the blanket next to my bed, us chatting when we heard our door rattling. She had gone to the bedroom door and rattled it with her paw/nose to tell us she wanted to go out! ;)

We were both so proud and surprised that she did that! Such a clever puppy! :)

naaawwww... cutey. Got pix to share?

Sonia

Sure! I'd love to! Let's see if I canfigure out how to attach some! :o

Here she is at 4 weeks before we got her.

post-33317-1280637839_thumb.jpg

Here she is at 18 weeks. First visit to the beach!

post-33317-1280637853_thumb.jpg

Did she enjoy her bath when she got home? :rofl:

:D I think I enjoyed it more than she did! We drove home with BOTH back windows open!

Last night we went to dinner with friends who have a 18 week old Border Collie and she got SO dirty playing with him. She was covered in doggy spit and mud! So she has had 2 baths this weekend! :o

Poppy is adorable! I hear you with the toilet training, it can be a long hard road, 3 of mine were great all trained by about 4 - 5 months but my second girl was a nightmare, she was not reliable inside till she was 9 months old.

At the time you think when is it going to end but then it all seems to fall into place. I guess every dog is different!

Have fun with Poppy, she looks like a real sweet heart!!

Poppy is adorable! I hear you with the toilet training, it can be a long hard road, 3 of mine were great all trained by about 4 - 5 months but my second girl was a nightmare, she was not reliable inside till she was 9 months old.

At the time you think when is it going to end but then it all seems to fall into place. I guess every dog is different!

Have fun with Poppy, she looks like a real sweet heart!!

Thanks TLC! It's good to know that toilet training them can be hard and that its okay for it to be hard. As a first time puppy owner I had visions of it being over and done with in a few weeks! :rofl: What a rude shock I got.

I think Poppy would still go inside if she was BUSTING and she couldn't get out but she is definately getting better at telling us and we are getting better and knowing her signals!

We love her so much! We never thought owning a pet would be SOOOO rewarding! :D

yay Poppy!! She sounds like a complete sweetie and it a cutie!

Thanks! :D She really is a sweetie! Every night when I hop into bed she comes right up and lies next to me for a cuddle. Then goes and sleeps down the bottom in between us or on the floor. My fiance works shifts and its SO nice to have someone to snuggle in bed with when he is working. She is also a very good couch companion. Never hogs the remote! Lets me watch whatever I like! :rofl:

:cry: it is an amazing feeling when you feel your dog has truly turned a corner

some dogs are really easy...we have a couple of those...theyre pre-programmed to serve and training is a cinch

but the true triumphs are with those who resist or simply dont get it

for

a

long long long

time

then the victory is truly worth writing home about...or in your case..posting on DOL!

\

aww congrats! :cry:

Harvey you trollop - you used to love Boo :cry: :cry: :(

Did somebody get into chicken poop?

I think he thought she was Boo when she came in :D Yes Poppy likes Chicken Poop a lot she changed colour :)