Aaaargh!

Got the bi-monthly Gazette today & there is only 6 trials in it for Sept/Oct :eek:

One club has cancelled their trial, another is just having open, novice & Ccd & out of those 4 we can enter.........it is the same judge :rofl::rofl:

Aaargh!!!!!!!!!!!

AND one of the clubs that is having a trial, is known for cancelling due to lack of numbers, so there may only be TWO trials!!!!!!!

Here in Tassie it seems to be a catch 22 situation.....the lack of numbers coming through the trialling classes, so clubs aren't running trials cause they cost money & because there are so few of us competing the clubs don't make money, so don't have the trials to encourage new competitors :)

A good trial down here now is 15 competitors :rofl::(:rofl::rofl::cry:

How do you Dolers out there who are regional triallers cope with lack of entries

Sounds like you should plan another trialling holiday over here biker girl. :) .

I would LOVE too Ness.............that's the main part of my Aaargh........getting the time off & the $$$ to "pop" over.

I just needed to vent, just feeling frustrated at the lack of trials down here :(

Vent away!!! :) It must be bloody frustrating especially with stuff all trials and then being stuck with the same judge. :( I've heard you're a bit short on new blood with judges - is that why you have the same one or is it just that one judge who is getting all the appointments?

How do you Dolers out there who are regional triallers cope with lack of entries

I have to be prepared to travel - but at least I'm a 2.5 hour drive from Melbourne and have the option to do those Melbourne trials.

In the past I've done some out the other side (up to 4 hours) but I've come to the conclusion it's not worth it. You're up at 3 am, you're stuffed by the time you get there and there has been times where I'd prefer to go without a pass card so I don't have the extra 1 to 2 hour wait before driving home. Where is the fun in that?

I could pay for accommodation but finding something dog friendly for one night is bloody difficult, and it makes trialling a little too costly ;)

Edited by Jess.

Jess.......that's another Aaaargh down here too, because we don't have the numbers going through the higher classes, the "newer" judges can't get their experience up to judge those classes. Generally I am the only one in UD ;)

There are only three judges that can do UD down here & two of them are almost retired.

I'm lucky I have friends to stay with down in Hobart, so I can dothe 4hr drive the night before & have a good night sleep, plus the sheppies can sleep with me too :(

Ah the joys of living regionally :)

Yup its hard in the regional areas - I train on my own my nearset obedience clubs are 96km in one direction or 86 the other ... each way! I have a trail in a couple of weeks - and because its 3 months from my last trial I have to cue my bitch up again because although she passed her first two trails there wasnt a thrids for another3 months out here and we loose the momentum - what a pain!!!!! :D

I feel your pain!

My closest trial is 400kms, these are twice a year. There is sometimes not very many at all in a class.

My next trials are 480kms, bigger but still a country trial, although some very good dogs and handlers travel down from PErth. The city trials are 750kms away - a very big ask of a dog to trial and do it well after travelling those distances.

I am envious of people that can trial on their own ground where they train as I have never had that opportunity.