Chicken Breast Minced

shmoo

I am on the hunt for a regular supply of chicken breast, preferably minced otherwise I will have to mince it myself.

Aldi down the road from me has breasts not minced for $9.50 per kilo, in trays of 4 half breasts.

Does anybody know of anywhere cheaper? I am near the Hawkesbury District in Sydney and would prefer not to travel too far!

Back when I was buying chicken mince from Burns, they once gave me the whole 10kg as minced breast! I was actually disappointed at the time cause I wanted minced frames ;) It was quite possibly a one off, but I didn't pay any more for it than their usual chicken mince. It was a couple of years ago now but might be worth asking if they can still ever get it

I am after breast mince because it is the lowest in fat (have I got that right?!)

I am hoping to get it a bit cheaper than $10ish a kilo. ;)

Looking to put Sweep (the diabetic Silky) on a raw diet (with other things included of course) to check he does well with his skin and then drop him at the vets with his new diet and have them check his glucose levels etc and make any insulin changes. He does terribly on the vet recommended dry/canned food diets :(

I was buying mine at a butchers at Granville. Look for any butchers and areas that have high numbers of Turkish and Lebanese residents. They eat a lot of goats meat and stock it fresh. Ring around your local butchers.

Alternatively, got to granville once a month or so and buy it in bulk. Almost every butcher sells goats meat there.

If there is a Wholesale Poultry place anywhere within reasonable distance, it can save you a lot of money over time, if you can purchase wholesale. I guess I'm a bit more aware of that side of things for the fact that I am feeding my boy 2kg of chicken per day - even one or two dollars off per kg can make a big difference to the cost of a month's supply of food. Fortunately, there is a poultry place not too far away from which I can pick up regular supplies. It's not breast, but I pay $7 per kg for leg fillet (skinless). From memory, the chicken breast fillet is about $8.20 per kg or thereabouts (for skinless, I think. Skin on is cheaper.).

Edited by Erny

Oh, sorry for the misinformation then :angel: I thought Woolies were doing standard pricing across Australia :heart:

I was about to race off to Woollies as that is around $5 less per kilo than normal!

Edited by ~Anne~

red lea chickens at westfield parramatta does minced breast at $11.99 per kg --- i know, it's a bit far for you to travel...

i asked if they could mince up my order of chicken livers, chicken hearts and chicken giblets and they couldn't so i'm considering getting me a mincer; that might be the way to go for you too, get skinless c/breast [much cheaper] and mince it yourself, maybe...

I am on the hunt for a regular supply of chicken breast, preferably minced otherwise I will have to mince it myself.

Aldi down the road from me has breasts not minced for $9.50 per kilo, in trays of 4 half breasts.

Does anybody know of anywhere cheaper? I am near the Hawkesbury District in Sydney and would prefer not to travel too far!

There is a chicken wholesaler on Withers Road in the Rouse hill/ Kellyville area. Haven't been there for a while but their prices are pretty reasonable :)