Advice Needed For Council Approval For 3 Dogs

GRLC

Have been following this with great hope AND

:rofl: :D Yah...the sytem works! (surprisingly LOL)

Seriously no wonder so many people don't register their dogs at all and just go under the radar. It's always those that try to do the right thing that get caught up in the red tape.

Happiness in your new home. :laugh:

Edited by LizT

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i have just moved to WA with our 3 dogs . Bebe a staffordshire bull terrier who is nearly 10 , Che a rottweiler who is 8, and Diesel another staffordshire Bull terrier who is 5 . On Arrival here 1 of the first things i did was seek council approval for 3 dogs . Went to the council filled out an application provided a reference from a neighbour who happened to also be my obedience instructor PAID registration for the 3 dogs for 3 years and waited for further contact . Council wrote stating thank you for your application and advised us that we would need a property inspection completed . We have had no contact since until today when i received a letter from them stating that application has been rejected and we can either appeal the decision or relocate one of the dogs within 3 months . The letter stated application had been rejected due to the following :

1. the size of the block at this residence is too small to keep this number of dogs

2. the size of the dogs involved are large (go figure ??? yes che would be considered large but definately not the two staffords )

3. the property is located within a suburban area

4. 2 objections were received raising concerns about the size of the lot where the dogs are being kept .

any advice would be greatly appreciated as i thought i was doing the right thing and i'm terribly upset about this .

Bebe is 100% blind and stays inside throughout the day and night except when we go for walks and when she does poos and wees

Diesel is obedience trained and he spends a lot of time living inside too and keeps Bebe company

Che is the dog who is outside a majority of the time .

The council contacted our neighbours and no one had an issue with us having 3 dogs . Their all microchipped , desexed they dont bark unless for a reason and they all have sufficient excercise . Our yard is a sufficient size for the dogs if it was where they spent a majority of their time and iwouldn't have purchased the property otherwise . Che and Bebes excercise requirements are quite different now then what they were when they were younger.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to make sure i had all the information . Any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated . Im so mad, lost and upset all at the same time . All i want to do is the right thing by my dogs and legally and it has been thrown back at me . If i had just registered the 2 dogs they wouldn't have been any of the wiser .

Thanks in advance

Why not email Wazzat Xolo, she is in WA and I seem to remember reading that she was offering to help someone else with regard to the same matter. I think she is an ex council ranger and has also gone through the more than 2 dogs process before herself. She may be able to offer some advice. Stinks that you try to do the right thing and get penalised for it, I hope it all works out.

Well i have just moved to WA with our 3 dogs . Bebe a staffordshire bull terrier who is nearly 10 , Che a rottweiler who is 8, and Diesel another staffordshire Bull terrier who is 5 . On Arrival here 1 of the first things i did was seek council approval for 3 dogs . Went to the council filled out an application provided a reference from a neighbour who happened to also be my obedience instructor PAID registration for the 3 dogs for 3 years and waited for further contact . Council wrote stating thank you for your application and advised us that we would need a property inspection completed . We have had no contact since until today when i received a letter from them stating that application has been rejected and we can either appeal the decision or relocate one of the dogs within 3 months . The letter stated application had been rejected due to the following :

1. the size of the block at this residence is too small to keep this number of dogs

2. the size of the dogs involved are large (go figure ??? yes che would be considered large but definately not the two staffords )

3. the property is located within a suburban area

4. 2 objections were received raising concerns about the size of the lot where the dogs are being kept .

any advice would be greatly appreciated as i thought i was doing the right thing and i'm terribly upset about this .

Bebe is 100% blind and stays inside throughout the day and night except when we go for walks and when she does poos and wees

Diesel is obedience trained and he spends a lot of time living inside too and keeps Bebe company

Che is the dog who is outside a majority of the time .

The council contacted our neighbours and no one had an issue with us having 3 dogs . Their all microchipped , desexed they dont bark unless for a reason and they all have sufficient excercise . Our yard is a sufficient size for the dogs if it was where they spent a majority of their time and iwouldn't have purchased the property otherwise . Che and Bebes excercise requirements are quite different now then what they were when they were younger.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to make sure i had all the information . Any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated . Im so mad, lost and upset all at the same time . All i want to do is the right thing by my dogs and legally and it has been thrown back at me . If i had just registered the 2 dogs they wouldn't have been any of the wiser .

Thanks in advance

Why not email Wazzat Xolo, she is in WA and I seem to remember reading that she was offering to help someone else with regard to the same matter. I think she is an ex council ranger and has also gone through the more than 2 dogs process before herself. She may be able to offer some advice. Stinks that you try to do the right thing and get penalised for it, I hope it all works out.

ETA Whoops, just read that it all worked out, Congratulations! :laugh::rofl: