Stop Chewing

Nushie

Hi everyone!

So this is the third day Jager has had access to the lounge / dining / kitchen area while my boyfriend and i are at work all day. So far he has been great. Nothing out of place and no accidents!

There were however a few marks on the tv stand which to me looks like he might have attempted to chew on it. Is there something that i can buy to spray or paint on that will deter him from chewing on it?

It is a wooden tv stand.

Thanks in advance

There is a product called woundgard you can get from vets- it has a yucky taste but its more to stop dogs from chewing on their own skin.

Also, some dogs actually don't mind the taste or even like it!

Its about the only thing I can think of that is specifically for dogs.

I have heard people use chilli, vicks etc but its not something i would personally do. It wouldn't be very nice for the poor puppy imo and you would be better off blocking access to the tv stand if possible.

I have had huge success using eucalyptus oil. I just paint a tiny bit on whatever he is wanting to chew and he never goes back. You don't need to use much at all. He never tastes it or anything. He gets up close, has a smell and then backs off.

I just bought something from the local pet store called 'no chew' or something of the sort.

Worked a treat.

Just go to your local petstock and have a look.

Banjo chewed though a speaker cord within days of getting him. Sprayed everything and nothing has been chewed since

I just bought something from the local pet store called 'no chew' or something of the sort.

Worked a treat.

Just go to your local petstock and have a look.

Banjo chewed though a speaker cord within days of getting him. Sprayed everything and nothing has been chewed since

I bought a bottle of "Stop Chew" today from Petbarn to try and stop my Lab puppy from chewing on her lead. It cost $8.88. Haven't tried it yet. Will let you know how it goes :laugh:

Thanks guys we have some eucalyptus oil at home so i put some of that on. However we dont know if it has worked as Jager has been back in his play pen, he has a upset stomach and has had the runs yesterday and last night so didnt want to risk it by leaving him out today.

So will let you know how it goes over the next few days.

Thanks for the suggestions