Grooming Recommendations In Adelaide

Skitch

I have an elderly cattle dog x bully breed mix who is badly in need of a bath. Generally I do this myself with no problems but now that I'm pregnant I cant really lift her into the bath properly and my boyfriend wont do it because she stiffens up and makes it really difficult and he's terrified he'd drop her or hurt her somehow. He's tried a few times with me trying to help him but she's just a brat who wont let anyone besides me manhandle her! I feel that it's way too cold to bathe her outdoors and we tried to get her to go in the shower but she just outright wouldn't go and looked more terrified than I've ever seen her look and was giving lots of warning signals so I decided not too push her because never in all her life has she snapped at someone and I didn't want to make her do it over something silly as a bath!

By any chance, is there a groomer in Adelaide that would allow me to stay with her while they groomed her? I know that most groomers dont allow this for a few reasons but there's no way in hell I'd leave her alone in an unfamiliar place with people she doesn't know after what happened the last few times we've attempted to do this. She's good natured really but is very wary, especially of men (due to severe abuse in her younger years) and I'd rather not stress her by leaving her with people she doesn't know.. I know for sure that if I was there with her she'd be 100% fine and I'd be more than happy for the groomer to muzzle her if they felt it neccesary. I know it seems silly and most people will leave their dogs with groomers with no problems but it's just not something I'm willing to do so dont bother suggesting it. I seriously doubt there is a groomer in Adelaide that would let me stay with her but I figure if there is someone here will know about it Lol!

Alternatively, does anyone know if those coin operated dog washes still exist around Adelaide? I haven't lived in the city for a while now but dont remember seeing them last time I was down. Also, do they have a door at the side that we could walk her into rather than picking her up? As discussed earlier, she's a pain in the bum and picking her up just isn't an option! I think I remember some vets having pay to use hydrobaths a few years back too?? I know the clinic I worked at was planning to do that but never got around to it apparently lol

Basically she smells awful and being that she's 100% an indoor dog I'm getting a bit sick of it Lol! Here is a pic of the smelly old lady hehe:

je.jpg

Skitch she's gorgeous! Not sure where you are but I suggest you try Elisa at the Spoilt Dog on Fullarton Road - the first time my last rescue westie was there she was happy for me to stay with him through the whole process as I was worried he'd be completely stressed out.

She runs a great service but you'll have to book. Good luck!

Edited by westiemum