Have You Ever Felt Like Returning Your Puppy?

aussielover

Be honest....

My sister asked if we could return Mindy after about 15 minutes in the car after leaving the guide dogs center, after she had pooed and vomited and was then proceeding to scream/bark/howl etc for the rest of the trip :laugh:

There have been a number of other incidents where I have thought "what have i done???'' mainly involving barking at night or hyper behaviour/zoomies at 6 am in the morning :laugh:

But it is worth it :)

LOL!!! :laugh:

When we first picked up Cooper he howled and cried and screamed at the top of his lungs all the way home.

We'd never driven to the town where he was born before, and we managed to take the longest way home via a scenic route.

The poor puppy must have thought we were the worst people in the world for taking him away from his mummy and siblings.

To this day; he's still a whiner sooky lala. :rofl:

Yes especially at 4 in the morning when he thinks we are his mattress, and he jumps up to say goodmorning and lays right on top of us, all 35kilo's of him :laugh: but other wise no i think we are getting used to him now

lablove

Yes I particully thought about returning my puppy this morning after getting her out of her crate last night 3 times for a wee (last one was just playing! she tricked me!)

I then decided I had to get up in 20 minutes anyway so she may as well just lie down with me in bed and she poked her cold pointy nose so hard in my eye it hurt!

When I went owwwww she went into nutso zoomie mode!

Poor Banjie was growling.

OH was yelling at me to get her out.

lol

but I wouldnt. She is a sweedie.

Today, I would happily leave my door open and let one of my cats "accidentally" get lost outside :laugh: Just kidding... But seriously, the little bugger needs to stop throwing things all over the house and nibbling on my nose when I'm sleeping!

The next day! I was wondering what the hell I had gotten myself into, and that I didn't realise how hard it was, or how easy I'd had it with the cat! I spent the first week feeling much like I imagine a mother with a newborn baby feels (my friend told me I looked like it too!). :thumbsup:

Edited by lilli_star

I wanted to return him for the first week and a half or so. Not because he was awful but because I felt so guilty taking him away from his siblings to be stuck with us for the rest of his life :thumbsup: I felt so, so sorry for the poor mite.

Prior to last month I would have said that I haven't had those thoughts since, but by god, I would palm him off to the first asker if it stopped him whining for a wee at 5am each morning. I think he's taken to drinking far too much water before bed. Which I will have to address eventually as it's slowly driving me insane :rofl:

Edited by Niques

atm.... Every.Single.Day...Several.Times. :rofl:

With two young children in the house and a puppy who is SO mischievous, and honestly- she KNOWS what the right thing to do is- I only have to start saying AHUH and she stops nipping at my 1yr olds nose... but she just goes back time and time again! She has started going into hiding to poo inside, she barks at us when she doesn't get her way, and food- obsessed much?!? :rofl: My peaceful house has become a place of tears, and tantrums, and craziness!!!

She is adorable.... and as I look at her now fast asleep across my feet, I love her to bits :thumbsup: but she has honestly put me off getting another young pup for life!

Oh yeah, the first 5 months were fine, no crying when he arrived, toilet trained without mishap etc, but I must have broken him cause now he is the big puppy from hell 20% of the time and fantastic the other 80. After he nipped a girls nose recently I was *this* close to sending him back, but of course, I love him to bits and know he just needs more time to grow up. I'm sure in another two years I'll be happy I stuck it out because he will be the most fantastic dog ever.

Did we feel like returning our puppy - No, do we want to return our "juvenile" dog? Absolutely!!! :dancingelephant:

Axel was a really good puppy - only cried a tiny bit the first couple of nights, toilet training was really easy and he was very well behaved, I thought we had the perfect dog!........then he got to about 6 months old and things suddenly started to change - he now barks at nothing when he's outside (and we have just moved house so our new neighbours are probably not very impressed!), he barks at me when he's inside, digs holes in the lawn, chews absolutely everything (shoes, socks, reticulation, 1 mobile phone, 2 remote controls, 3 dog beds etc) he hurls himself at the glass doors if I put him outside, and completely disregards anything I say.... I have even stopped going to obedience training as he was getting so naughty and disruptive with the other dogs, it was embarrassing and frustrating and I found myself leaving each class almost in tears. Please don't flame me for that - I know that training is exactly what he needs at the stage, but trying to control 30+ kilos leaping around uncontrollably on the end of a leash for an hour (when I don't weigh much more than him) was too hard :happydance: I am thinking about getting a trainer at home though, just to get some help with this adolescent stage.

He is now almost 8 months old and ask ourselves every day "why on earth did we get another dog?" and checking the "pets wanted" ads in the local paper (lol - only joking :lollipop: ) Then he gives me one of his gorgeous cocked-head looks or lays his head on my lap to have his ears rubbed and I remember why we love him so much.... He is still a very loving, smart dog but is definitely a "terrible teenager" at the moment and we are just patiently waiting for the time when he hopefully matures and settles down a bit.