Removal Of Titles Gained

TrinaJ

DEAR CANINE FRIENDS

PLEASE WRITE TO THE AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL KENNEL CLUB http://www.ankc.org.au/Contact-Us.aspx TO PROTEST THEIR ROGUE ACTION INTENDED TO FALSIFY AUSTRALIAN PEDIGREES BY OMISSION. THE ANKC HAS ANNOUNCED (SEE BELOW) IT WILL NO LONGER BE RECORDING IPO / SCHUTZHUND TITLES, AS WELL AS THAT IT WILL BE REMOVING FROM AUSTRALIAN PEDIGREES LEGITIMATE IPO / SCHUTZHUND TITLES EARNED IN OFFICIALLY RECOGNISED FCI COMPETITIONS, WHICH BELONG TO THE DOGS THAT EARNED THEM AND AS SUCH ARE PART AND PARCEL OF OUR AUSTRALIAN PEDIGREES.

ANKC HAS A FORMAL AGREEMENT WITH FCI THAT OBLIGES KENNEL ORGANIZATIONS TO RECOGNIZE EACH OTHERS TITLES, WHICH INCLUDES IPO / SCHUTZHUND / VPG TITLES.

THE ANKC HAS NOT ENGAGED IN ANY PROPER CONSULTATION PROCESS AND THEIR ACTION ARE JEOPARDIZING THE INTERNATIONAL STANDING OF OUR AUSTRALIAN PEDIGREES BY THEIR STEPPING ONTO THIS VERY SLIPPERY SLOPE.

RESIST THIS DEVALUATION OF OUR AUSTRALIAN DOGS AND THEIR PEDIGREES BY THIS BLATANT THEFT THEIR OFFICIAL WORKING TITLES!

1) WRITE TO THE FCI TO MAKE THEM AWARE OF THIS BREACH AND TO REGISTER YOUR PROTEST OF THIS DISSIDENT ACTION BY THE ANKC

Fédération Cynologique Internationale (FCI)

General Secretariat of the FCI http://www.fci.be/

Place Albert 1er,

B-6530 THUIN

BELGIUM

Tél : +32 71 59.12.38 Tel: +32 71 59.12.38

Fax : +32 71 59.22.29 Fax: +32 71 59.22.29

2) WRITE TO THE ANKC TO PROTEST. TAKE YOUR COMPLAINT FURTHER AND WRITE TO YOUR STATE KC BRANCH. WRITE TO DOGS VICTORIA.

3) WRITE TO INTERNATIONAL BREED ORGANISATIONS TO PROTEST AUSTRALIA REFUSING TO ACCEPT FCI IPO / SCHH TITLES ON DOGS IMPORTED TO AUSTRALIA, AS IS THEIR OBLIGATION TO FCI TO DO. Some suggestions below.

Welt-union der Vereine fuer Deutsche Schaeferhunde(WUSV) e.V. &nb sp; Praesident: Wolfgang Henke Steinerne Furt 71

86167 Augsburg

Fax 0821 74002-9915

Telefon 0821 74002-15

Internet: www.wusv.de

E-Mail : [email protected]

Vereine fuer Deutsche Schaeferhunde (SV) e.V. Hauptgeschaeftstelle - http://www.schaeferhunde.de/

Administration FMBB (World Federation Belgian Shepherd Dogs) http://www.fmbb.net/contact.php &n bsp; Geert Bouckaert

Tempelierstraat 4

8470 Gistel

Belgium

Geschäftsstelle des ADRK

Dr. Manfred Herrmann

32429 Minden

Südring 18 Germany

Telefon 0049-571-504040

Telefax 0049-571-5040444

Email [email protected]

4) WRITE TO THE EMAIL FORUMS TO TELL OTHERS TO GET ACTIVE. The Dogzonline forum already has a thread going - join the forum and register a public protest. http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=202587

STOP THIS PIRACY OF OUR REGISTRY!

Some Background behind this ruling:

The decision to remove all IPO / SchH titles from the ANKC has been made without discussion with the breed clubs concerned or taking into consideration the rights of the owners of pedigreed working dogs in this country, where IPO / Schutzhund titles are a part of the dog's official history as well as enhancing the value of those animals.

The ANKC is acting like a rogue institution, riding rough shod over our right to have accurate pedigrees and ignoring it's pact of mutual obligation it has with FCI. Namely to recognise each others pedigrees and titles, which includes IPO (Schutzhund / VPG) titles earned at legitimate trials in all FCI countries holding these trials.

There can be little doubt this high handed, scandalous action by the ANKC has come about due to pressure applied by the German Shepherd Dog Council of Australia, which has engaged itself in pursuing their rabid anti-Schutzhund / IPO agenda via a variety of agencies and forums over many years. (Much to the detriment of their own breed as well as to the wider working dog population per se.) Thanks to A small group of self serving "fundamentalists" within the hierarchy of the German Shepherd Dog fraternity, every other working dog breed has had the pay the price of having a highly valuable breed test and DOG sport ignorantly demonised as being "attack training" and actively discriminated against by all manner of unfair machinations and deceits on the part of the GSDCA hierarchy.

Now they add insult to injury by forcing us all to put up their minority self interests first, dictating we must accept having legitimately earned FCI titles in our dog's pedigrees simply wiped out by a keystroke - as if those dogs had never passed those trials and those official titles had never existed!

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? WHO EXACTLY IS RUNNING THE KENNEL CLUB IN THIS COUNTRY? AND FOR WHOSE BENEFIT?

I can answer in part the latter - it is for the political benefit of the GSDCA. The GSDCA have moved heaven and earth to destroy the sport of Schutzhund / IPO in this country, merely in order to claim immunity from the World Union of German Shepherd Dogs Charter that requires all their member organizations to support the sport and encourage members to participate. Effectively, the GSDCA hierarchy fear that by having Schutzhund training available to their members in Australia, the WUSV (World Union of GSDs) will also require their Organization to include a SV/WUSV (Schutzhund based) character test in Australian breed surveys as well as a requirment for all adult dogs rated Excellent at their Main Breed Show. Instead of the GSDCA resigning from WUSV because they cleaarly don't wish to follow the terms of the WUSV Charter, they instead set out to misuse their authority and position within ANKC and other bureaucracies to trash the sport in this country, generating collateral damage for everyone else involved while about it.

GSDCV has moles working inside Dogs Victoria and within the Victorian (DPI) Department of Primary Industries. They are to blame for the instigation of legislation in Victoria that effectively criminalizes ordinary dog owners who unfortunately get caught "hetzing" their dog with an object in their hand (i.e.: this includes tennis balls). Unfortunately, the uniquely worded DPI legislation, that was intended to disable participation in Schutzhund / IPO (an internationally accredited and recognised dogsport) in Victoria, has now blown out to encompass just anyone in that state training a dog using manually held motivational tools.

Ludicrous though it sounds, the ANKC assault on the integrity of our Australian pedigrees has come about merely because of the short sighted, self serving agenda of a group of influential fanatics within the GSDCA hierarchy. In their enthusiasm to target IPO / Schutzhund for destruction they've not only impinged on the right of other people to enjoy their chosen international dogsport without fear or favour, but in the process they've managed to shoot themselves in the foot - caught up in the web of their own lies when the Victorian legislation was expanded to place restrictions on all Schutzhund titled imports into that state, including the Schutzhund-titled imports of high profile German Shepherd Dog officials and breeders in that state.

The comedy of errors that followed had the GSDCV forced to open secret negotiations with the Victorian DPI to request a special exemption for their own Schutzhund titled GSD show imports. These negotiations were successful for their own breed, but they didn't waste time worrying about leaving all the other working breeds out in the cold.

Mean spirited people tend to reap what they sow, and despite a secretly negotiated exemption for their own dogs, Schutzhund / IPO imports in Victoria still need be muzzled when in public - not a good look for the Victorian show rings.

After this blow back, the GSDCA are in further damage control. Becauase lo and Behold, now the ANKC is riding to their rescue, to pull the GSDCV's dirty irons out of the fire! Without any prior consultation with those being affected, and by a stroke of the pen, the ANKC are now blithely informing us all they intend to remove all IPO / Schutzhund titles from the pedigrees of ALL the working breeds in the country! What they don't say is we are all being expected to pay for the consequences of the GSDCA's despicable, unsporting behaviour by plotting against the sport in this country.

Because of their troublemaking we all now are expected to wear having incomplete and inaccurate pedigree records! Just to accommodate the difficulties the Victorian GSDC got themselves into. As without any official IPO / Schutzhund titles recorded on Australian pedigrees, the GSDCV owners can now pretend their Schutzhund-titled imports haven't really got these titles at all! Thus shiftily avoid their responsibility to the breed and to the muzzle regulation in Victoria, part of a discrimatory law they'd worked hard to get up in that state in the hope of inflicting mortal damage upon rival working dog organizations which are providing access to the sport to Australian trainers.

Don't be bullied into giving away your entitlements. Get up and speak out for accurate pedigrees!

Edited by PRADA68

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FCI rules for members and associates

The national canine organisations and their breed clubs may not make any alteration or

change any information about the dog already registered in a recognised studbook.

The original registration number and the initials of the studbook must appear on all

documents containing cynological information (working tests programmes, show

catalogues, pedigrees, registration forms) beside the new studbook registration

number.

c) Obligations of all members and contract partners

· to recognize all the FCI breeds (provisional or definitive)

· to respect the FCI breeds standards and breed nomenclature

· to expel the persons who breed and/or sell dogs with economic purposes

exclusively and/or who violate the code of breeding ethics as defined in Art.12 of

the standing orders.

meaning titles already on paper cannot be removed/altered as far as I see it. So you cant just change a Sch dog to a non Sch dog by changing all the original paperwork.

also

http://www.fci.be/circulaires/4-2010.pdf

The ANKC doesn't use the breed standards for all breeds from the FCI nor is the show system run along FCI lines - there are no CACs or CACIBs won in Australia.

What connection is there for the FCI - ANKC?

AnKC is a member of the FCI, and I believe each country is only allowed one FCI member. I don't believe the UK kennel club or AKC are FCI members, but Aussie & NZ & much of europe are.

I guess I also see it as one of the main points of the AnKC or NZKC, is that they keep accurate pedigree information & allow you to accurately research a dog's ancestors & their achievements. If they're unwilling to print information about schutzhund or other bite sports on the pedigree, then what use are they to working dog breeders?

I would be gutted if I moved to Aussie in a few years and my dog had not only any titles she'd earned wiped from her pedigree, but all of the titles belonging to her ancestors.

TrinaJ this is a reply from Alison

That is spelt Alison with one l. Jens and I are currently competing with our dogs in Germany, including a World Championship and a State Championship. We will be back in Australia in December and I don't want to come back and find all our dog's hard earned titles have been uneccessarily relegated to the rubbish bin just because the Shepherd Club there doesn't want to deal with Schutzhund. That is their problem, and I am not going to stand by and let them make it mine. Is the lady implying that my living here on a temporary basis somehow negates my real concerns, or my right to call for action about how the pedigrees of our dozens of import dogs as well as those of our Australian-born dogs and their litters are being vandalised and devalued by the ANKC? I am not the only one that imports titled dogs into Australia and breeds litters there where these titles on their pedigrees are central validating their proven worth as future breeding stock. This is a major policy being imposed on us without a by your leave. No one was consutled and there was no discussions with those who are going to be most affected. If they can do this on a whim and get away with it, where does this sort of arbitrary behaviour ever stop? I am on the Board of Schutzhund Australia (Assistant Secretary), a licensed AUSTRALIAN Schutzhund judge and an Australian National Champion and we breed our dogs and have our kennel and litters registered with the ANKC. I think I have a right to an opinion on this topic. Of course I am engaged in informing and organizing resistence to this policy.

I am not just posting a protest, I am in contact with various canine publications and international forums, to get people to their breed organizations to pressure their national kennel clubs to get the FCI to put the heat on ANKC. We have already contacted FCI and received a responsive reply, but we know full well it is the squeaky wheel that gets oiled. I've been working on correlating and organising resistence to this policy since in came into my mailbox a couple of days ago. It's 11.30pm at night now and I am still going, taking the time to answer posts from Doubting Thomas idly wondering about my committment. If I didn't care I wouldn't write about it at all. We need people active within Australia and to get active people need background. I am the best positioned person in Schutzhund Australia at this point to provide that service. To have a hope of overturning this policy Australian affiliate members need to put up a motion via their breed clubs telling their State Member Clubs they don't want it. Co-ordinating people to this end require engaging in how they can make a difference. That is what I am doing, my list is long and it's late.

And this is a new pledge post, easier to read and a bit more user freindly

STOP ANKC PIRACY FROM COMPROMISING THE INTEGRITY OF OUR REGISTRY! Dear Canine Friends

The ANKC is not doing its job by providing us with correct and accurate pedigrees.

On the Dogs Victoria website is a new ANKC directive. Namely that Schutzhund titles, "obtained in other countries by dogs imported into Australia will not be added to the ANKC database at the time of registration. Furthermore, that Schutzhund titles such as ScH & IPO previously added to the ANKC database will be removed. ScH, IPO and other similar titles are a form of attack training and the ANKC does not recognise these titles or discipline."

Resist this unjustified farce being perpetrated upon us by our own Kennel Club, to our detriment and that of our dogs! Write to the ANKC http://www.ankc.org.au/Contact-Us.aspx to register your protest at their rogue action, falsifying Australian pedigrees by omission, in breach of FCI regulations.

By this policy the ANKC are devaluing OUR dogs and OUR Australian pedigrees. FCI IPO / SchH titles add value to our dogs at home and internationally. International accreditation which we pay to have to enhance our dog's working credentials and thus the status and value of their offspring. These are official titles - titles that belong to the dogs that earned them. As such they are required to follow the dog and should remain part of their Australian records as well.

By overthrowing these titles the ANKC is in breach of its formal agreement with FCI, that obliges all Kennel Clubs to recognise each other's pedigrees, judges and titles (which includes FCI IPO / SchH titles), provided they are not contrary to the laws enacted by Governments of the countries concerned. Seeing as the Sport of Schutzhund is NOT declared illegal in any state in Australia, the ANKC has no grounds to claim immunity from compliance on the latter grounds. Nor can they claim that IPO / SchH titles earned in FCI countries are the subject of censorship by Australian law either. Frankly, any Australian canine official claiming to know what they are talking about, who then stands up in this day and age to say that IPO / Schutzhund is a form of "attack training", is either trapped in the Jurassic Period or is deliberately deceiving the listener/reader to justify the unjustifiable.

What does that say about the integrity of their motives when Dogs Victoria / ANKC are in possession of the transcript from the 1998 Victorian court case "Burns VS City of Casey", where, after reviewing all the evidence the presiding court judge made the finding that Schutzhund training was not attack dog training and that the training did not result in a dog more likely to bite, but rather in a dog less likely to bite.

The bottom line is the ANKC has no valid justification to remove these titles. Which most likely explains why they have not engaged in any proper consultation with those whose pedigrees are going to arbitrarily down-graded and whose dogs stand to lose in value as a consequence.

The ANKC is not only riding rough-shod over our right to have accurate pedigrees, but does this in breach of its international obligations. The ANKC should be concerned that this very slippery slope they have chosen to take on our behalf, but without our consent, is not only stripping owners of an asset, but is jeopardising the international standing of our Australian pedigrees if not their own credibility in the eyes of the world.

What is really behind Dogs Victoria/ANKC's high-handed behaviour?

Join the dots and it soon becomes clear who is driving this latest attempt to demonise and exclude the sport. The German Shepherd Dog Council of Australia has engaged in an almost rabid anti-Schutzhund / IPO campaign via a variety of agencies and forums over many years now. Disgracefully so, being anti-competitive and to the detriment of their own breed as well as to the wider working dog and service dog community.

Thanks to a small, self-serving group entrenched within the hierarchy of the German Shepherd Dog fraternity, a highly sophisticated performance test is relegated to being called "attack training" and our dog's official working titles dismissed and discriminated against. The GSDCA hierarchy might be driving this cracked jalopy but clearly the ANKC are complicit by enabling them to harm the interests and investments of other members.

Who benefits when important FCI working titles and their accreditations are wiped out by a keystroke? As if those dogs had never passed those trials and those official titles had never existed. To know this we need to go back in time.

The GSDCA wish to dismantle the sport of Schutzhund / IPO in this country. Not for any grand, higher purpose they've tried to sell us (bad luck for them that internet came along, together with exposure of their lies and propaganda), but rather, because the World Union of German Shepherd Dogs (WUSV) Charter, of which the GSDCA is a signatory, requires all its member nations to support the Sport of Schutzhund and to encourage their members to participate in it. Having Schutzhund training available to their members might then lead to WUSV wanting them to comply with other Schutzhund-related SV/WUSV programs as well; such as a more demanding character test which includes Schutzhund elements, or requiring Excellent-rated dogs at the Main Breed Show be Schutzhund titled.

The GSDCA hierarchy have no idea how to run a Schutzhund program themselves, thus accredited Schutzhund organizations that can are a threat to their Constituency.

Of course, the GSDCA could always resign from the WUSV. Clearly they don't share their values nor genuinely wish to comply with the terms of the WUSV Charter. But they do want their cake and eat it too, so instead seek the disappearance of the sport in this country and will do whatever it takes.

The fanatic never stops to consider the collateral damage done to others from their hostile actions and this latest ruling is a case in point.

Their greater triumph though has been the Victorian anti-dog legislation, that effectively criminalizes normal people unfortunate enough to get caught "hetzing" their dog using an "object in their hand." (I.e.: The wording is open to just about anything in this genre, including tennis balls on string etc.) GSDCV moles within Dogs Victoria and the Victorian (DPI) Department of Primary Industries lobbied hard to get this lunatic legislation up after the failure to make the case in court that Schutzhund dogs were dangerous attack dogs. Undeterred, they simply moved the goal posts to promoting more creative legislative wording. Long term thinking not being their strong point, the police and other canine services in that state find they also can fall victim to a bureaucracy gone mad! The wording is so broad it captures people who train dogs in a professional capacity to those doing perfectly safe hobby actitivies. Those responsible show no regrets that ordinary dog owners can now be criminalized for engaging in quite harmless activities with their dogs.

The recent assault on the integrity of our Australian pedigrees has come about because, again, short-sighted, self serving bullies within the GSDCA hierarchy want their narrow prejudices to prevail at any cost.

In their enthusiasm to bring down IPO / Schutzhund, devalue our dogs and impinge on our rights to enjoy our chosen hobby, they managed to shoot themselves in the foot though. Caught up in the web of their own lies, the Victorian legislation expanded, placing restrictions on Schutzhund titled imports coming into that state, including the Schutzhund-titled imports of German Shepherd Dog officials and breeders! The comedy of errors continued, and the GSDCV was forced to seek "secret" negotiations with the Victorian DPI to request a special exemption for their own Schutzhund-titled imports. They did negotiate an exemption for themselves, leaving all the other working breeds with Schutzhund titles in that state out in the cold.

Mean-spirited people tend to reap what they sow, and despite the exemption for their own dogs, they remained disconcerted over part of the legislation requiring all Schutzhund / IPO imports in Victoria be muzzled when in public - not a good look for the Victorian show rings.

Which brings us the full circle to where we are today, where Lo and Behold, the ANKC to the rescue - ready and willing (again) to pull the GSDCA's dirty irons out of the fire! Without any prior consultation with those affected, by a stroke of the pen the ANKC blithely informs us they intend to remove all IPO / Schutzhund titles from the pedigrees of ALL the affected working breeds in the country!

What they are not telling us is we are all being penalised for consequences coming about because of the GSDCA's unsporting behaviour in plotting to bring down the Sport of Schutzhund in this country. The so-called "protectors of the breed" consistently fail to appreciate that the German Shepherd Dog breed built its reputation as the King of Working Dogs on the Schutzhund program. By getting rid of the titles on the pedigrees they can pretend their Schutzhund-titled imports haven't got these titles! And this, thus, is how one sheds one's responsibilities to the breed and cleverly avoids the muzzle regulation in Victoria in process.

Because of legislation they worked so hard to get up in that state has turned around and bit them, everyone must suffer and the whole country is expected to wear having incomplete and inaccurate pedigree records to cover for their troublemaking.

Don't be bullied into giving away your entitlements.

Get up and speak out for accurate pedigrees!

Get organized!

Things to do:

1) Members in ANKC affiliated clubs and organizations please table a motion to demand of your State Member Body that ANKC to drop this policy.

2) Get your local ANKC affiliated breed club to write directly to FCI to protest the ANKC riding rough-shod over your right to have your dog's FCI titles properly recognised in it's pedigree; a breach of their international agreement. Ask that they do something about it.

Fédération Cynologique Internationale (FCI)

General Secretariat FCI Y.De Clercq Email: [email protected]

3) Get your ANKC affiliated breed club to write to fellow breed clubs internationally and ask them to lodge protests with their national kennel clubs to get them take action to censor the ANKC for fast tracking their official titles into the rubbish bin.Below are some suggestions of some breed organizations your clubs could contact.

Welt-union der Vereine fuer Deutsche Schaeferhunde e.V. E-Mail: WUSV President Wolfgang Henke [email protected]

Vereine fuer Deutsche Schaeferhunde (SV) e.V. SV Secretary [email protected]

Geschäftsstelle des ADRK, Dr. Manfred Herrmann Email [email protected]

Administration FMBB (World Federation Belgian Shepherd Dogs) Geert Bouckaert geert.b[email protected]

4) Write to the canine email forums to make owners and breeders of ANKC pedigreed working dogs aware that their assets and their investments are being arbitrarily devalued.

FOOTNOTE: There is some justice in the world. After years of Australian Schutzhund organizations complaining to WUSV / SV about the GSDCA blocking Australian IPO teams from entering international championship trials and their vetoing SV/VDH Schutzhund judges from judging at Australian Schutzhund trials, the BOM of the German SV recently met and decided to put aside the GSDCA power of veto over their fellow Australians. It is unlikely they will be advertising their humiliating relegation.

TrinaJ this is a reply from Alison
That is spelt Alison with one l. Jens and I are currently competing with our dogs in Germany, including a World Championship and a State Championship. We will be back in Australia in December and I don't want to come back and find all our dog's hard earned titles have been uneccessarily relegated to the rubbish bin just because the Shepherd Club there doesn't want to deal with Schutzhund. That is their problem, and I am not going to stand by and let them make it mine. Is the lady implying that my living here on a temporary basis somehow negates my real concerns, or my right to call for action about how the pedigrees of our dozens of import dogs as well as those of our Australian-born dogs and their litters are being vandalised and devalued by the ANKC? I am not the only one that imports titled dogs into Australia and breeds litters there where these titles on their pedigrees are central validating their proven worth as future breeding stock. This is a major policy being imposed on us without a by your leave. No one was consutled and there was no discussions with those who are going to be most affected. If they can do this on a whim and get away with it, where does this sort of arbitrary behaviour ever stop? I am on the Board of Schutzhund Australia (Assistant Secretary), a licensed AUSTRALIAN Schutzhund judge and an Australian National Champion and we breed our dogs and have our kennel and litters registered with the ANKC. I think I have a right to an opinion on this topic. Of course I am engaged in informing and organizing resistence to this policy.

I am not just posting a protest, I am in contact with various canine publications and international forums, to get people to their breed organizations to pressure their national kennel clubs to get the FCI to put the heat on ANKC. We have already contacted FCI and received a responsive reply, but we know full well it is the squeaky wheel that gets oiled. I've been working on correlating and organising resistence to this policy since in came into my mailbox a couple of days ago. It's 11.30pm at night now and I am still going, taking the time to answer posts from Doubting Thomas idly wondering about my committment. If I didn't care I wouldn't write about it at all. We need people active within Australia and to get active people need background. I am the best positioned person in Schutzhund Australia at this point to provide that service. To have a hope of overturning this policy Australian affiliate members need to put up a motion via their breed clubs telling their State Member Clubs they don't want it. Co-ordinating people to this end require engaging in how they can make a difference. That is what I am doing, my list is long and it's late.

Thanks MonElite,

If you wouldn't minel etting Alison know that NO Dawn is DEFINATLEY NOT implying that her living O/S negates her concerns, she was saying Alison is very well respected in the dog sport world and was wanting to know if she was doing anything as that would most definately help us in our fight to keep the titles.

The ANKC doesn't use the breed standards for all breeds from the FCI nor is the show system run along FCI lines - there are no CACs or CACIBs won in Australia.

What connection is there for the FCI - ANKC?

The ANKC is the only australian member of the FCI (only one allowed per country) and a contract partner is an organisation that is on probation to become a member with the FCI. Either way a condition of membership is that you ABIDE by FCI rules.

Dobe list has been super quiet - there were no post in regards to the matter, what are the rottie people doing/talking about doing?

We have a member going to the KS in 2 days, she will be brining up with members of the IFR (International Friends of the Rottweiler). A Motion has already been emailed out to members in one state requesting that our National Body (The NRC(A) take this further). Members are contacting the FCI demanding that they do something. Another member is also finding out exactly what agreements etc are between the FCI and the ANKC (ie if they are associates as some people say they are, some say they aren't. We also do not trust the ANKC in telling us the truth so we are going directly the to source). Other state clubs are contacting their respective Kennel Clubs - some say they didn't know about it until AFTER Dogs Vic was questioned by one of the Presidents of one of our State CLubs. Funny no one seems to know much about it in other states.

ZERO activity on the dobe list. :thumbsup: I wonder if its an indication of most not giving a rats a*se about the issue. :bottom:

That's the sad part MonElite, if they get away with this whats to stop them eventually banning our breeds, mark my words, they are doing all they can in Victoria to have this happen!

This is one issue where all the breed clubs must have a united front. I urge you write to your Club and get them to join the fight in getting those titles reinstated. If enough clubs join together we can give them one hell of a fight.

SUCCESS!!!

This was posted on the rotties yahoo group this afternoon. However we still need to make sure all clubs continue in their efforts to stop this from happening in the future!!

Following a lot of behind the scene work in Western Australia and Northern Territory , the following email excerpt confirms the positive results that we sought. The following was sent following a NACA Council meeting last evening. ...............

I sent my response to the ANKC, it requested that the directive be rescinded immediately and a new directive stating that NO alterations are permitted.

This was supported with cut and pastes from the FCI Statues and Standing Orders as well as ANKC Regulations.

The ANKC President has since sent an email to all member bodies advising that no action be taken on that directive until it is discussed at the conference also advising DogsVic to remove it from their web site. .... end of excerpt

It is interesting to note that the Schutzhund item has already been pulled from the Victorian website.

Edited by TrinaJ

:D :):rofl:

lets hope its true and the idea dies a horrible death it deserves. And the people that came up with it or supported it get a big slap upside the head and NEVER try it again

Fantastic news! Now all we have to do is get the ANKC to recognise the FCI recognised activity of IPO/ SchH.