I Need Someone Who Might Like To Do A Sewing Job

Erny

As per the topic title, I'm looking for someone who might like to do a sewing job for me.

I haven't yet got the pattern (but I'll get it) - but I need some PJ's for Mandela. I really like this one (refer "D" in the picture) and have seen them on a friend's RR. They fitted really well and seemed very comfortable on the dog. My boy has spondylosis so I want something that isn't bulky nor over heavy, but which will help to keep his back warm on the cooler nights.

A paid job - but of course it depends on how much. My Mum (who is now 83) used to do all my sewing, but she has problems with her hands now and sadly, sewing, which she loves, isn't something she can easily manage any more. And me? I can't sew. I'm the sort that the moment I put my foot on the pedal, the cotton all ravels and knots up and I get into a big mess before I've even started :shrug: .

Anyway - the pattern is :

KWIK SEW 3076.

post-5887-1281516984_thumb.jpg

Erny - Amstaffs4me makes these :D

ETA - very reasonable prices, all measured to fit :rofl: I'm still trying to get a standard measure from one of my GSD's who has decided he is afraid of the tape measure :shrug:

Edited by KitKat

Guest Pandii

I would sew these for you , I have the pattern but I did promise the person who was kind enough to pass along the pattern for free, that I would not sew for profit, I am sorry

They look good too, SK. I still like 'my' pattern with the legs, but the Chilly Dog sweater seems to have the clip attachment at the top of the dog's back? Perhaps this is adjustable - if it is not, I might be a bit concerned that my boy (with his spondylosis) could find this uncomfortable. I guess it might not be anything to be concerned about - hard to tell without literally seeing. The Chilly Dog sweater would be good for during the daytime (indoor/outdoor) where the long leg PJ's would be more likely to get wet. I'd consider a pair of both :shrug:.

I would sew these for you , I have the pattern but I did promise the person who was kind enough to pass along the pattern for free, that I would not sew for profit, I am sorry

Oh :shrug: . That's ok Pandii. Although I was going to buy the pattern anyway and for the purpose, provide it to the person who would make them. But at least your keeping your word to the person you speak of, and that's not something to sneeze at :D.

I have kickatinalong ones for Orbit... the front legs aren't as long as your pattern pic but I'm sure it'd be easy to do. I just love these PJ's - its the only thing both he and I are happy to have him sleep overnight in.

4914_107097830134_761800134_2688611_6788_n.jpg

Edited by stormie

Just found this one... gives you an idea of how comfy they are and easy to sleep in.. I have the Chilly Sweater and Great White North as well as general Weatherbeetas and these by far are the best. I love the Chilly's for during the day wear when he's playing with his friends, but yeah, these seem to be the most comfortable for him. BUT, they aren't the easiest to get on and off, but worth the extra effort :laugh:

post-16998-1281526800_thumb.jpg

Edited by stormie

Just found this one... gives you an idea of how comfy they are and easy to sleep in.. I have the Chilly Sweater and Great White North as well as general Weatherbeetas and these by far are the best. I love the Chilly's for during the day wear when he's playing with his friends, but yeah, these seem to be the most comfortable for him. BUT, they aren't the easiest to get on and off, but worth the extra effort :laugh:

post-16998-1281526800_thumb.jpg

Are they the same as what is on Orbit in the previous picture, Stormie? The material looks different and I agree, they look super comfy. Mandela's pretty good with me pushing his legs through sleeves and what nots, so I don't think I'll have too much trouble with getting them on and off and I do prefer the thought of no straps, clips, buttons or other fastners for 'sleep wear'.

Yep Erny they are the same PJ's. The first pic was when they first arrived. Not sure why they look like velvet, they are just a light polar fleece. One thing though, I added a bit of extra length to his when I gave the measurements, because I thought this would make them go up his neck higher. But instead, they do slide down over his bum a bit and if he moves around in bed, he has got his back legs out if they've slipped down far enough. So with anything this style, be sure to give accurate measurements!

Yep Erny they are the same PJ's. The first pic was when they first arrived. Not sure why they look like velvet, they are just a light polar fleece.

In the photo, I imagined the material to be a shiney, thin nylon type so wasn't thinking they'd be warm at all. Better, knowing it is polar fleece. Thanks for the tip about the measurements. These do look similar to that in the pattern I picked. I'll have a look at the Kickatinalong (love the name) website.

Cheers for that.

Erny

They look good too, SK. I still like 'my' pattern with the legs, but the Chilly Dog sweater seems to have the clip attachment at the top of the dog's back? Perhaps this is adjustable - if it is not, I might be a bit concerned that my boy (with his spondylosis) could find this uncomfortable. I guess it might not be anything to be concerned about - hard to tell without literally seeing. The Chilly Dog sweater would be good for during the daytime (indoor/outdoor) where the long leg PJ's would be more likely to get wet. I'd consider a pair of both :laugh: .

Yep, the sweaters have a clip on the back which is adjustable via a webbing strip. There's quite a good range of adjustability in them around the chest(6"-8"). Kei wears the Large 24" size in the sweaters and a 27" in the Great White North and both fit him really well -better than any other coat I've found.

(fitting guide here: http://www.chillydogs.ca/fittingRoom.html)

We tried the PJ's last year but poor Kei was terrified of them :laugh: He does like his Chilly Dog coats though and sleeps in them comfortably.

We tried the PJ's last year but poor Kei was terrified of them :laugh:

LOL ... what?! A big tough Ridgy Didge ?

Yep - I can imagine it. :laugh:

Hey! I just realised that I have "RidgyDidge" written under my avatar, and note that you also have that. Don't know when you put yours there. Hope you don't think I copied.

Edited by Erny

We tried the PJ's last year but poor Kei was terrified of them :laugh:

LOL ... what?! A big tough Ridgy Didge ?

Yep - I can imagine it. :laugh:

Hehe, I wish I had it on video. He absolutely refused to be in the same room as them, let alone wear them! :rofl:

Hey! I just realised that I have "RidgyDidge" written under my avatar, and note that you also have that. Don't know when you put yours there. Hope you don't think I copied.

:laugh:

Nah, I think all the Ridgie owners should have it ;)

Well, the Kickatinalong is the closest to what I was wanting in the first place - in fact, it could even be the same pattern, perhaps. I'll do a measure up (accurately :laugh: - thanks Stormie) and contact them.

I thought I might go for the "grass green" colour. A nice contrast to my boy's rich red coat, do you think? And perhaps another set in blue.

And I'll look at the Chilly Dog one as well, although I need to work some more before I can spend on that as well. I rather like their rain slickers too.

I've got to stop spending. I don't know why I'm doing a splurge. I've just spent about $700 on blood tests and now have meds and extra food to buy. :laugh:

Edited by Erny