Coolamon Ganmain Shows

BittyMooPeeb

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ms Hurst - As the member of Coolamon Ganmain Kennel Club who received the entries for our Friday & Sunday shows I would like to clear up the In Accurate statements that you have posted publicly on this forum. Your entries were received and returned 18 days after closing date, the day after all entries were sent to the Cataloguer. Had you have made a phone call any time within that 18 days, as many other exhibitors did, I could have quite happily told you when I would be sending them off. Fortunately, for you and the only other two people who had their entries returned there will always be another show to enter. Please feel free to give me a call, I would love to discuss with you the return of your entries.

If you feel that I or the committee of Coolamon Ganmain Kennel Club have acted inappropriately then I am sure next year you will again be able to find a alternative show to enter.

18 Days later, WOW!!! Not sure when they were posted as I didn't actually post them myself but that is late. Will have to check to see when they were posted.

Will see you there on Saturday at Gainmain possibly (subject to weather).

Hi Coloora,

It was actually me who started this thread, asking if anyone else was in the same situation of having entries for two of the three shows returned :bottom: There is definately something odd though, as if the entries arrived 18 days after the closing date, that means it took them 8-10 days to arrive, but only 0-1 days to be returned :thumbsup:. Are you in an area that only gets post delivered irregularly?

I was told that entries were being accepted at Wagga. Could you let me know if this for all three shows?

If you feel that I or the committee of Coolamon Ganmain Kennel Club have acted inappropriately then I am sure next year you will again be able to find a alternative show to enter

This is a bit harsh! Neither Yarrowfell nor I have said that the committee acted inappropriately - if you check back on the posts, it is only other posters who have mentioned this.

We got our numbers for Saturday in the mail today....hopefully the others come in tomorrows mail before we head out, but fortunately our mail mistress is very good about getting mail sorted quickly.

Can I ask a dumb question from someone that is used to closing dates REALLY meaning that entries are closed....if a club is going to stick to a closing date, and I'm ALL for that, so no debate there....the idea being that we, the exhibitors get off our duffs and get our entries mailed in time to arrive PRIOR to the date listed as the cut off...then why are we continually getting numbers sent to us at the eleventh hour and in some cases, never arriving in time? Would it not be as courteous for the organizers if we get out entries in on time, to allow more than a few days (and the unsure schedule at times of Aussie Post) to get the numbers back to the exhibitors? Shows generally are slated to close three to four weeks in advance of the show...if these dates are adhered to, there is no reason that I can see, why numbers should not be in the hands of the exhibitors a week prior to the event. Am I missing some protocol here with this system?

:D Weather not looking to bad but still think the woolies would be needed :)

With all the rain so far Parking could be tricky, a bit slippy slidey..........be careful....

Last day will be the worst after cars trailers and trucks driving all over it.....

Hi Coloora,

It was actually me who started this thread, asking if anyone else was in the same situation of having entries for two of the three shows returned :worship: There is definately something odd though, as if the entries arrived 18 days after the closing date, that means it took them 8-10 days to arrive, but only 0-1 days to be returned :rofl:. Are you in an area that only gets post delivered irregularly?

I was told that entries were being accepted at Wagga. Could you let me know if this for all three shows?

If you feel that I or the committee of Coolamon Ganmain Kennel Club have acted inappropriately then I am sure next year you will again be able to find a alternative show to enter

This is a bit harsh! Neither Yarrowfell nor I have said that the committee acted inappropriately - if you check back on the posts, it is only other posters who have mentioned this.

hmmmm - checked with the Sec of the Saturday show and he received your entries the day he sent them to the cataloguer,werent you lucky, which were sent off after mine,I received and returned your entries the following day- he must live in a area that the post gets sent irregularly too then- maybe something not quite right your end as opposed to ours. And yes we did except entries at Wagga for all three shows and I sent the entries off to the Cataloguer the Monday morning for the Friday and Sunday shows. - again I say feel free to come to the Secretarys shed on Saturday and discuss it.

Edited by Coloora

I got numbers for all three shows today.

I must be spethal. :rofl:

Of course you are :worship:

Hope I'm not doing a 3 1/2 hour drive for nothing.

Rang to check I'm in the catalogue but didn't get hold of anyone.

Have they cashed your cheque?

Used a money order

No wonder you love Ozentries!!

LOL, it's temporary, changed bank accounts and haven't organised a cheque book yet.

But all is fine - the kennel club called back and we're in the catalogue.

Ganmain here we come! :rofl:

Got all My numbers back today as well....

personally i feel these guys do a great job to keep such shows alive unlike a few that have shut down.... All show Secrectarys need a medal... it isnt a easy job and remember with out them THERE IS NO SHOWS!!

Edited by Skyegirl

Always the drama with entries!! Years and years ago in Canberra I had isseus at two or three shows in a row with some entries going missing and of course that show was part of muliti show weekends and the other entries always turned up! I guess sometimes you just dont know with the post !! I've also had entries posted well before closing date turn up at the show sec's the week after the show - we worked out they took 5 weeks to get there!! :cry:

For any of us who have done show sec work it is always frustrating when entries arrive so late.. Closing dates are closing dates and it is always a good idea to make sure entries are there by that date - JMHO and if you can post a bit early you can miss the confusion that happens in mail delivery!!! :eek:

Hope everyone has a great weekend ! :o

:cry: Hope Ganmain didn't get the rain we had here last night, storms and it pelted down for afew hours it would just slow down and then down it would come again and again...very very wet here.....

I think the gumboots are the order of the day :o