Dogs On Lilos?

julzjc

:) Ok hands up, who else floats their dogs arond the swimming pool on a lilo? lol My mum just sent me a few pictures of her collie Jet...hmmmm, spoilt much? Bonnie and Indie are looking at me asif to say "How come you dont do that for us mum?". Apparently Jet whines and cries,nudging his lilo until they get it for him. They even took his lilo with them on a 2week beach holiday so Jet didnt have to get his tummy wet at the beach :thumbsup: . I think living in America has gone to my mums head! Oh and when they are at grand steak houses, they have to order a big juicy T-Bone to take home to Jet too. lol "T-Bone in a doggy bag please."

post-33606-1281615819_thumb.jpg

post-33606-1281615834_thumb.jpg

CC you have to feel sorry for him though, they are moving back to Ellon,Scotland in January, poor Jet will miss his lilo lol.

And the sunshine! They've had nothing but rain since we left apparently :) Will he have any quarantine to do, or will he get back in with a pet passport?

Great Danes that are afraid of water but more afraid that their master is drowning {aka floating peacefully in the pool with sunnies on} are funnier.

She tried to reach me via the child's floating mat, you know, the ones that are about 10 inches long?

CC you have to feel sorry for him though, they are moving back to Ellon,Scotland in January, poor Jet will miss his lilo lol.

And the sunshine! They've had nothing but rain since we left apparently :) Will he have any quarantine to do, or will he get back in with a pet passport?

Lol They are living in Texas at the moment, even with the little rain they have had, my mum has had to stand outside in her PJs holding an umbrella for Jet to go toilet at 5am in the morning :laugh: heaven forbid he gets his toes wet lol. I do belive Jet is not going to be happy with the Scottish weather CC.

He will be traveling on the pet passport. I told them in December last year that they should get on to it if they wanted to fly in June, but alas they didn't listen. Think they started the process in March so they will wait and travel around Dec/Jan.

Great Danes that are afraid of water but more afraid that their master is drowning {aka floating peacefully in the pool with sunnies on} are funnier.

She tried to reach me via the child's floating mat, you know, the ones that are about 10 inches long?

:) Awww too cute! Did said master end up almost drowning after the heroic Danes rescue attempt?

There is no way mine would do that, but Lola does swim with a lifejacket on :p

:) It is now a requirement that all replies to this thread need photographic proof :laugh: aka an excuse for lots of cute doggy photos ;) .

My aunt and uncle used to have an australian terrier named Rusty who loooooooved his boogie board. He would nudge it and bark at it till they put it in the pool for him, then he would sit on it and float around for a while before going for a swim and then get back on it. He could do that for hours! He was such a gorgeous dog - even up until the time he died (at 16), he would ask for his boogie board to be put in the pool. In the end they had to hold it steady so he could get on it and watch him like a hawk while he was in the pool but they said it was worth it to see him happy. :)

I've only got pool ones. She bolts into the water and sinks, so the lifejacket stops me saving her from drowning every 5 seconds...

copyofimgp17131281690964.JPG

copyofimgp18491281690964.JPG

Fantastic photos! Absolutly love them! Been at home all day with a miserable cold, that just made me feel just that bit better, thanx huga.

My aunt and uncle used to have an australian terrier named Rusty who loooooooved his boogie board. He would nudge it and bark at it till they put it in the pool for him, then he would sit on it and float around for a while before going for a swim and then get back on it. He could do that for hours! He was such a gorgeous dog - even up until the time he died (at 16), he would ask for his boogie board to be put in the pool. In the end they had to hold it steady so he could get on it and watch him like a hawk while he was in the pool but they said it was worth it to see him happy. :)

Aww thats beautiful Shell :laugh:

Not a lilo as such but when we swim in my brother's pool Trixie is in love with the inflatable boat, she does a run up and leaps into it unassisted (as you can imagine she has fallen into the pool a few times while trying to jump in and out of it :thumbsup: ) and then just curls up and floats around for a while.

P1000950.jpg

P1000955.jpg

My aunt and uncle used to have an australian terrier named Rusty who loooooooved his boogie board. He would nudge it and bark at it till they put it in the pool for him, then he would sit on it and float around for a while before going for a swim and then get back on it. He could do that for hours! He was such a gorgeous dog - even up until the time he died (at 16), he would ask for his boogie board to be put in the pool. In the end they had to hold it steady so he could get on it and watch him like a hawk while he was in the pool but they said it was worth it to see him happy. :thumbsup:

Aww thats beautiful Shell :rofl:

Rusty was beautiful! He knew that after a bath he would get a treat but he wouldn't react until you said the word biscuit - then he would run into the kitchen to the cupboard where his treats were kept and sit there with his tail wagging. He was also obsessed with his kong and we would often put it under the bathroom stool - he would walk up, knock the stool over and then go and show everyone that he had "found" his kong.

Such a little character! My aunt and uncle haven't even thought about getting another dog since he went to the bridge. They're working on my dad at the moment though trying to get him to get one :rofl: