Canidae Grain Free Salmon Formula

Boronia

Has anyone used the Canidae Grain free Salmon formula?

I usually feed Penny (Westie) on home-made BARF with only turkey or chicken as the meat-part, but if we go somewhere I could take this dry food instead of a chiller bag full of her little containers of slops. She can't have grains either.

I am a little concerned about the potatoes in the formula as well.

The cost of the food is OK as it seems to be more natural than others I have seen and the postage is only $5 per bag.

Any advice would be good, thanks.

Has anyone used the Canidae Grain free Salmon formula?

I usually feed Penny (Westie) on home-made BARF with only turkey or chicken as the meat-part, but if we go somewhere I could take this dry food instead of a chiller bag full of her little containers of slops. She can't have grains either.

I am a little concerned about the potatoes in the formula as well.

The cost of the food is OK as it seems to be more natural than others I have seen and the postage is only $5 per bag.

Any advice would be good, thanks.

Sorry this does not answer your question

l feed canidae grain free ALS for my adopted greyhounds l used to use hills active until l found out they were wheat sensitive within 2 weeks they were jumping out of there skin

there coat was shinier and alot more brighter.l would like to try the Salmon next. So l would like to no aswell

Was just coming in to seek the same answer :-)

I just purchased a bag due to not being able to source Eagle Pack Holistic Salmon so the jury is out with me (though the dogs seem to love it) ..........

Would love to hear thoughts from others though.

G.G and Catzatsea...

I was contacted by a rather nice person who has most of a 13kg bag for sale (I looked and this size bag is $119.95 + $5 freight). I can't purchase this amount at this time...bills bills bills :confused: but if you want to PM me I can give you the contact details. I know that they would like to get $80-$90 as they also have it in an air-tight drum that cost $20, so it is not a bad deal.

They are in Brisbane.

G.G and Catzatsea...

I was contacted by a rather nice person who has most of a 13kg bag for sale (I looked and this size bag is $119.95 + $5 freight). I can't purchase this amount at this time...bills bills bills :confused: but if you want to PM me I can give you the contact details. I know that they would like to get $80-$90 as they also have it in an air-tight drum that cost $20, so it is not a bad deal.

They are in Brisbane.

why are they selling the remainder of salmon

G.G and Catzatsea...

I was contacted by a rather nice person who has most of a 13kg bag for sale (I looked and this size bag is $119.95 + $5 freight). I can't purchase this amount at this time...bills bills bills :dancingelephant: but if you want to PM me I can give you the contact details. I know that they would like to get $80-$90 as they also have it in an air-tight drum that cost $20, so it is not a bad deal.

They are in Brisbane.

GG...this is some of the first email I received

I started my puppy on it about 6 weeks ago. I first bought a small bag to see if he liked it. He LOVED it, was the first kibble that he actually got excited about. Anyway I bought a 13.6kg bag next, but I have only used a couple of cup fulls of it as I'm not using it at the moment, as my dog has recently been put on an elimination diet, to see what's causing his itchies. He has had this problem since we got him at 8 weeks. So hopefully it won't take long to work out.

Anyway, I'm not sure how long he it will be until I can start using it again. The best before date isn't until april 2011, but worried I won't use it all by then, if this elimination things goes on for a long time.

They go on to say they have a ...Mini Schnauzer Mini Poodle Mix. Such a sweet little guy, just a very itchy one. I'm still not convienced it isn't a case of Dry Seborrea (doggy dandruff), as he had dry itchy skin when we got him, and I would have thought if it was food related it would have started much later than 8 weeks, anyway I'm not the expert so doing the elimination thing to rule out food I guess. Anyway time will tell I guess.

Perhaps they should try the Ernie calendula rinse, if it works on Westiemum's little Westie there is a good chance it would help this dog.

G.G and Catzatsea...

I was contacted by a rather nice person who has most of a 13kg bag for sale (I looked and this size bag is $119.95 + $5 freight). I can't purchase this amount at this time...bills bills bills :D but if you want to PM me I can give you the contact details. I know that they would like to get $80-$90 as they also have it in an air-tight drum that cost $20, so it is not a bad deal.

They are in Brisbane.

GG...this is some of the first email I received

I started my puppy on it about 6 weeks ago. I first bought a small bag to see if he liked it. He LOVED it, was the first kibble that he actually got excited about. Anyway I bought a 13.6kg bag next, but I have only used a couple of cup fulls of it as I'm not using it at the moment, as my dog has recently been put on an elimination diet, to see what's causing his itchies. He has had this problem since we got him at 8 weeks. So hopefully it won't take long to work out.

Anyway, I'm not sure how long he it will be until I can start using it again. The best before date isn't until april 2011, but worried I won't use it all by then, if this elimination things goes on for a long time.

They go on to say they have a ...Mini Schnauzer Mini Poodle Mix. Such a sweet little guy, just a very itchy one. I'm still not convienced it isn't a case of Dry Seborrea (doggy dandruff), as he had dry itchy skin when we got him, and I would have thought if it was food related it would have started much later than 8 weeks, anyway I'm not the expert so doing the elimination thing to rule out food I guess. Anyway time will tell I guess.

Perhaps they should try the Ernie calendula rinse, if it works on Westiemum's little Westie there is a good chance it would help this dog.

Thanks Boronia but l would feel better if l bought a new bag of salmon which l will be doing tomorrow

if my dogs like the salmon as they do the ALS Grain Free it will be a bonus two dry food to choose from

Edited by G.G

How true catzatsea, the grass is also seeding (or there is pollen all around) and the wattles are flowering as well.

I am still waiting for some truthful person to post here and say that they had awfully itchy dogs and now they are ok after feeding the salmon :provoke:

The dogs will love it I know...anything that resembles FOOD they enjoy eating (Penny pulled the little slide door off the compost bin and ate a mouldy piece of pumpkin with great enjoyment the other day!)

• 1 month later...

argh!! waiting and waiting for the dang eagle pack holistic select to come in and it's NEVER coming in....

We shaved Hazel last year and started her on it and she stopped scratching, her hair grew back shiny and smooth and soft. and now we've had her on ziwipeak but her hair is all stringy and with the change of season, she's starting to scratch like a HOBO!!

Any updates after feeding Canidae guys?

No update on Eagle Pack?

I've resorted to Pro Plan Sensitive, which they eat but I don't think either is overly keen on it. I was going to try Canidae but there's no regular spring itching from Grumpy at the moment so I might leave them on it.

yeah its like.. high protein.. but high omega...

decisions decisions..

why won't they just bring the eagle pack holistic back!

I was in Pet Barn today. The person who served me said they were considering deleting Eagle Pack from their stock as the suppliers are so erratic.

I started feeding Canidae ALS about three months ago. My Boxer loves it but the JRT turns up her nose most times and tends to scratch a bit. I have noticed that their stools are quite soft and don’t show any signs of firming up.

When it is time for a new bag I am thinking of switching, most probably to Artemis Maximal.

Edited by Boxer05

i was feeding canidae no grain ALS but my dog, who isn't the most food motivated but usually eats most of his dinner before getting distracted, juts wasn't interested. i kept feeding til the end of the bag thinking he'll get used to it or grow to like it, but my OH used to liagh and say it was the most expensive parrot food ever (lots of parrots around here, who woudl swoop in and eat it if he had left it overnight).

switched to the proplan sensitive salmon and he is eating it but isn't in love. he's only been on it for a few weeks but i'm not sure his coat is loving it either.

the reason i don't feed eagle pack is because it is so erratic in the supply. my dog loves to eat it and does pretty well on it but there's no point if i can't know i will be able to buy it...