6 Month Old Staffy Pup Question?

BigBlueTyson

hey guys dont know if anyone can help me but one of my staffy's testicles sits higher than the other. like they havent dropped evenly lol. can anyone help havent seen it before. he is in good health etc but yea just wondered if it is concerning as i will be putting him up for stud when hes abit older.

cheers

Edited by BigBlueTyson

Perfectly normal. Sometimes in adult dogs their testicles seem to sit on top of each other instead of side by side as you might expect. As long as they're both fully descended and one doesn't do a disappearing act on a regular basis, nothing to be concerned about.

Perfectly normal. Sometimes in adult dogs their testicles seem to sit on top of each other instead of side by side as you might expect. As long as they're both fully descended and one doesn't do a disappearing act on a regular basis, nothing to be concerned about.

oh sweet thanks, i was getting worried. :confused:

cheers

Hi BigBlueTyson

I am assuming you are a registered breeder, who is going to show your boy and do all the relevant health and temperament testing on your dog before breeding?? And if he doesnt turn out, desex him? Just having a quick look on the dogzonline breed profile for staffordshire bull terriers there are a few hereditary diseases that responsible breeders test their dogs for (PHPV, PPSC, Distichiasis, and HC and DNA for L2-HGA and Hereditary Cataracts).

There are more than enought dogs suffering from preventable hereditary diseases because BYB and unresponsible registered breeders, looking to make money dont test their dogs before breeding. Please do the right thing.

Hi BigBlueTyson

I am assuming you are a registered breeder, who is going to show your boy and do all the relevant health and temperament testing on your dog before breeding?? And if he doesnt turn out, desex him? Just having a quick look on the dogzonline breed profile for staffordshire bull terriers there are a few hereditary diseases that responsible breeders test their dogs for (PHPV, PPSC, Distichiasis, and HC and DNA for L2-HGA and Hereditary Cataracts).

There are more than enought dogs suffering from preventable hereditary diseases because BYB and unresponsible registered breeders, looking to make money dont test their dogs before breeding. Please do the right thing.

im not yet a registered breeder but i will be going through all the procedures with the CCCQ when i think the time is right. he is fully papered and his parents tested for common staffordshire bull terrier hereditary diseases. I will be going through all the right procedures and if for any reason he is not upto standard to breed he will be desexed.