Question For Breeders About Pet Stores.

lovemesideways

Oh I agree PF. I would love to never see another puppy or kitten for sale in a pet shop. There are many reasons why I think it's a really bad idea, I was just stating that if there had to be animals sold in shops I would prefer them to be like the shop I referred to than like the majority that are doing it now.

Unfortunately there are some (wont mention a name, but you know who I mean) that are only interested in the sale and how much was made from that sale than the welfare of the animals. The staff actually get their name in the monthly pamphlet gloating to all about how how xxxxx from xxxxx store sold a pup and then proceeded to sell another $1000 worth of products to go with it! They make me sick.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The owner has refused to sell animals to people if she feels uncomfortable with them or suspects they cannot provide them with a caring home.

And how does that work..? I come in and she doesnt like me so says "Im afraid even though this dog is for sale Im not going to sell him to you"? Sorry, but once they have the animal up for sale they will sell to the person that pulls out the wallet first.

Look, theres a whole lot wrong with what you said there and you believing it. About to put dinner on and no time to be going to go into the other 20 things wrong with what you said ...but christ almighty, what a crock of horse shit.

Edited by Bull Terr(ific)

You seriously think having a human baby is even remotely comparable to buying a dog?

Having a baby would be like having a litter.

Buying a dog from a pet shop, is like adopting a baby from an orphanage.

If u try to adopt a baby, i believe the "potential customer" is then put through their paces to be classed as a suitable parent.

Pet shops should be the same. If they had the exact same criteria as an orphanage, then maybe, Just maybe, i could turn a blind eye... Unfortunately that will never happen.

Nevertheless, pet shops and anyone who fuels their business are a bunch of douchebags.

Edited by snow_wolf

Look, theres a whole lot wrong with what you said there and you believing it. About to put dinner on and not going to go into the other 20 things wrong with what you said ...but christ almighty, what a crock of horse shit.

From what I can see, dobesrock has been polite and civilised in articulating her views and has not sought to demean and insult others. Others responding, regardless of whether they agree with her views would do well to emulate such conduct. It doesn't really matter how 'right' a person's convictions are if the message is distorted during the communication process or the person's inability to express himself/herself articulately makes others dismiss that person as an ill-mannered boor. :laugh:

dobesrock:
There is always going to be pet shops that sell animals as long as there is a demand for them and I would rather that they were more like these kind than the PP kind.

I'd rather that there be none at all. Fortunately, I think that's an increasingly common point of view and one that may see an end to the practice of pups for sale in petshop windows.

We can only hope :laugh:

Look, theres a whole lot wrong with what you said there and you believing it. About to put dinner on and not going to go into the other 20 things wrong with what you said ...but christ almighty, what a crock of horse shit.

From what I can see, dobesrock has been polite and civilised in articulating her views and has not sought to demean and insult others. Others responding, regardless of whether they agree with her views would do well to emulate such conduct. It doesn't really matter how 'right' a person's convictions are if the message is distorted during the communication process or the person's inability to express himself/herself articulately makes others dismiss that person as an ill-mannered boor. :rofl:

Since when were you appointed the DOL Police to monitor and comment on other's posts just because you disagree with the way they communicated their opinion. For godsake this is a public forum and people have differing styles of communication so it's totally unrealistic to expect everyone to be "nice" and articulate themselves in the manner you expect. I really don't think we need a lesson in communication from you. Not being able to articulate their views to your liking does not make them ill-mannered boors :)

From what I can see, dobesrock has been polite and civilised in articulating her views and has not sought to demean and insult others. Others responding, regardless of whether they agree with her views would do well to emulate such conduct. It doesn't really matter how 'right' a person's convictions are if the message is distorted during the communication process or the person's inability to express himself/herself articulately makes others dismiss that person as an ill-mannered boor. :rofl:

Since when were you appointed the DOL Police to monitor and comment on other's posts just because you disagree with the way they communicated their opinion. For godsake this is a public forum and people have differing styles of communication so it's totally unrealistic to expect everyone to be "nice" and articulate themselves in the manner you expect. I really don't think we need a lesson in communication from you. Not being able to articulate their views to your liking does not make them ill-mannered boors :)

x2

I was thinking the same thing. Only, I wouldn't have been able to say it as well (or as nicely). :D

:rofl: :D :p

From what I can see, dobesrock has been polite and civilised in articulating her views and has not sought to demean and insult others. Others responding, regardless of whether they agree with her views would do well to emulate such conduct. It doesn't really matter how 'right' a person's convictions are if the message is distorted during the communication process or the person's inability to express himself/herself articulately makes others dismiss that person as an ill-mannered boor. :D

I think its fair enough to want someone to be polite. They do have every right to want everyone to be polite. Same as you have every right to tell her to piss off :rofl:

From what I can see, dobesrock has been polite and civilised in articulating her views and has not sought to demean and insult others. Others responding, regardless of whether they agree with her views would do well to emulate such conduct. It doesn't really matter how 'right' a person's convictions are if the message is distorted during the communication process or the person's inability to express himself/herself articulately makes others dismiss that person as an ill-mannered boor. :D

I think its fair enough to want someone to be polite. They do have every right to want everyone to be polite. Same as you have every right to tell her to piss off :rofl:

I think some people need a reality check - this is a public forum where people from all walks of life with many differing views and communication styles will post. We don't need people lecturing us on how to communicate to a particular standard and to be labelled "ill-mannered boors" if that standard is not met by any poster. Pretty condescending methinks :p

The thing that kept jumping out at me during Goofy's comments, or should I say during the earlier comments was the fact that she on a couple of occasions unashamedly admitted she was in it for the money....profit.....sales. ....nothing more, nothing less. Not once did she say she did it for love/passion/heart for any breed. I interpreted what she said as she veiwed puppies as nothing more than a commodity and 'stock' on her shelves.

The breeders that I know and many i don't but know, but know of, do it for the LOVE of the breed, the do it for the BETTERMENT of the breed, not to make $$$$$....and the ones who do it really well with passion & heart for their said breed don't make a dime....actually, I think most of the time they'd be lucky to break even.

I'll never support, condone the selling of ANY animal in pet shops, no matter how bloody rosey people want to make it sound!!!

The thing that kept jumping out at me during Goofy's comments, or should I say during the earlier comments was the fact that she on a couple of occasions unashamedly admitted she was in it for the money....profit.....sales. ....nothing more, nothing less. Not once did she say she did it for love/passion/heart for any breed. I interpreted what she said as she veiwed puppies as nothing more than a commodity and 'stock' on her shelves.

The breeders that I know and many i don't but know, but know of, do it for the LOVE of the breed, the do it for the BETTERMENT of the breed, not to make $$$$$....and the ones who do it really well with passion & heart for their said breed don't make a dime....actually, I think most of the time they'd be lucky to break even.

I'll never support, condone the selling of ANY animal in pet shops, no matter how bloody rosey people want to make it sound!!!

Great post - in the 17+ year I have been a breeder it has probably cost me a lost of money but I look at it as something I love doing, I love Poodles & get a lot of satisfaction out of providing someone with a beautiful, loving pet - the majority of my puppies have been sold as pets.

Oh, & it really pi$$es me off when these newbies come on with their holier-than-thou attitude telling us how we should be polite to someone who, let's face it, is supporting puppy farms - maybe they would benefit from reading the forum rules or going somewhere else!

Since when were you appointed the DOL Police to monitor and comment on other's posts just because you disagree with the way they communicated their opinion. For godsake this is a public forum and people have differing styles of communication so it's totally unrealistic to expect everyone to be "nice" and articulate themselves in the manner you expect. I really don't think we need a lesson in communication from you. Not being able to articulate their views to your liking does not make them ill-mannered boors :laugh:

:laugh: And since WHEN were you appointed the DOL Police to monitor and comment on MY posts..? :eek: Yes, its a public forum. Glad you see that. :thumbsup:

Edited by Bull Terr(ific)

I think some people need a reality check - this is a public forum where people from all walks of life with many differing views and communication styles will post. We don't need people lecturing us on how to communicate to a particular standard and to be labelled "ill-mannered boors" if that standard is not met by any poster. Pretty condescending methinks :laugh:

Boring. You're doing the same thing.....go off look in the mirror for an hour or so and practice what you preach. :thumbsup::laugh:

Since when were you appointed the DOL Police to monitor and comment on other's posts just because you disagree with the way they communicated their opinion. For godsake this is a public forum and people have differing styles of communication so it's totally unrealistic to expect everyone to be "nice" and articulate themselves in the manner you expect. I really don't think we need a lesson in communication from you. Not being able to articulate their views to your liking does not make them ill-mannered boors :laugh:

:laugh: And since WHEN were you appointed the DOL Police to monitor and comment on MY posts..? :eek: Yes, its a public forum. Glad you see that. :thumbsup:

I think some people need a reality check - this is a public forum where people from all walks of life with many differing views and communication styles will post. We don't need people lecturing us on how to communicate to a particular standard and to be labelled "ill-mannered boors" if that standard is not met by any poster. Pretty condescending methinks :rofl:

Boring. You're doing the same thing.....go off look in the mirror for an hour or so and practice what you preach. :):rofl:

Ermm Bull Terrific - labsrule was actually posting in response to koalathebear's posts, not yours. She was actually posting in your favour.

Good post AND to add to my previous point earlier that some have their knickers in a knot about. Its absolutely ludicrous to suggest or infer that theres pet shop owners out there that are not selling their 'wares' to people they see as undesirable. They're in it for the buck and at the end of the day, thats what will win out. Fair dinkum - my gut justs turns seeing animals in cages inside these shops and whilst the owners (ie Goofy) might see themselves as providing a moralistic service and business, they're nothing but peddlars. All of them, even the ones that are on the NSW coast who say they only sell to nice people. :thumbsup:

I think some people need a reality check - this is a public forum where people from all walks of life with many differing views and communication styles will post. We don't need people lecturing us on how to communicate to a particular standard and to be labelled "ill-mannered boors" if that standard is not met by any poster. Pretty condescending methinks :eek:

Boring. You're doing the same thing.....go off look in the mirror for an hour or so and practice what you preach. :):rofl:

Ermm Bull Terrific - labsrule was actually posting in response to koalathebear's posts, not yours. She was actually posting in your favour.

:rofl: Well, that just makes me look like the tosser then doesnt it... :rofl: Well, I could go back and delete and try and dig my way out of it or indeed I can let it stand and leave my dacks around my ankles for awhile longer. May as well...wont be the first time :eek: Sorry Labsrule...will read a bit more carefully in future ;)

I think some people need a reality check - this is a public forum where people from all walks of life with many differing views and communication styles will post. We don't need people lecturing us on how to communicate to a particular standard and to be labelled "ill-mannered boors" if that standard is not met by any poster. Pretty condescending methinks :eek:

Boring. You're doing the same thing.....go off look in the mirror for an hour or so and practice what you preach. :thumbsup::laugh:

Bull Terr(ific), much as I am extremely loathe to defend labsrule, from what I can see, he/she was actually defending your right to be forthright in expressing your views and I was the person being flambéed by him/her et al in relation to my exhortation to be polite. :laugh:

Also, for what it's worth - I do apologise for appearing to be calling you an ill-mannered boor - it wasn't intended in that way. Like everyone here, you are of course totally entitled to express your views in any manner that you see fit. :)

Edited by koalathebear