Et On The 4th Sept In Wa

Rottsup

I was reading about this the other day, but there was minimal info. It seems to be done on bikes? Does it have to be?

Hahaha! Not that I could ride or run 20kms, but it might be an interesting long term goal in my physical therapy. Bikes are a no no for me though.

Hi Ravenai1,

You can do it on a push bike or run it :) You need to keep an average speed of 10km ph. If your dog needs a pee or poo stop, you have to catch up and fit back into your spot :confused::laugh::shrug: (that's the real scary part) and you can not over take anyone.....

Thinking we may need a spare bike incase the first one has a problem cause I don't think either one of us can run at 10km ph for too long.

Hope this info helps you to decide to do it :)

Edited to add, sorry I replied before reading all the posts & GayleK answered in much more detail very well. Thanks GayleK

Edited by Rottsup

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GayleK,

What a great story, thanks for that :confused: It has given me so much more to look forward to. Hopefully we'll do it and have as much fun as you seemed to.

We have a Benson too, but he is too young at just 18 months so it will be his turn next year :laugh:

Edited by Rottsup

It is at Little Rush Lake.

I wouldn't think Boss has done it as he is only about 15 months old I think.... he's not my dog so I am not sure.

GayleK,

What a great story, thanks for that :laugh: It has given me so much more to look forward to. Hopefully we'll do it and have as much fun as you seemed to.

We have a Benson too, but he is too young at just 18 months so it will be his turn next year :laugh:

ooops see this is what happens when you have more than one window open rofl i meant benson not boss rofl oh but the answer is here anyway. should keep my mind on one item at a time instead of several :laugh:.

Good luck with it though.

I have a gel seat for a bike if anyone wants it.... Nice padding for the bum!!!!

When I bought my bike I had the seat swapped for a very luxurious gel one. I have never had a sore bum, no matter how far I've ridden.

This one goes over the existing seat. I came across it today when I was sorting the dog stuff out! Cost me a bit at the time but I'm giving it away to the first taker.

I have a gel seat for a bike if anyone wants it.... Nice padding for the bum!!!!

When I bought my bike I had the seat swapped for a very luxurious gel one. I have never had a sore bum, no matter how far I've ridden.

This one goes over the existing seat. I came across it today when I was sorting the dog stuff out! Cost me a bit at the time but I'm giving it away to the first taker.

is it still available bedazzled how much it sounds great :coffee: i get sore ridining to the shops rofl

DIBS!!!!!

Oh darn, just saw emery got in first :(

maybe not rofl someone may of pmed bedazzled ;)

I got to wait to start trainging to my girl comes home from qld rofl thatcould be another 6 months yet

by golly i miss her ;) so if you want it to start training go for it rubystar :coffee:

Your the first and nobody PM me. Maybe you can share with RubyStar when she needs to do the ET :coffee: I'll put it in the car and if you see me at training either Tuesday or Wednesday nights come and let me know. I'll be at the Cloverdale trial as well.

is it still available bedazzled how much it sounds great ;) i get sore ridining to the shops rofl

Your the first and nobody PM me. Maybe you can share with RubyStar when she needs to do the ET :thumbsup: I'll put it in the car and if you see me at training either Tuesday or Wednesday nights come and let me know. I'll be at the Cloverdale trial as well.

is it still available bedazzled how much it sounds great :laugh: i get sore ridining to the shops rofl

I will look out for you. :laugh: i am happy to share if rubystar is happy too :laugh:. maybe i can practice riding with the older boy so i get the hang of it at least he heels rofl :thumbsup:

RS I looked at next years scheduled events and yes there appears to be two ETs - one in July i think and one in September. I'll be doing the July one hopefully with ari... just have to get a bike, but we've already started to build up our walks/jogs so I think she'll find it easy come July.

The one we were in, there was a border collie being run by someone other than it's owner a few places ahead of us. They stopped for the dog to toilet about halfway through and I kept waiting for them to come back, I was aware they'd probably come up fast behind us to take their place again and I didn't want Benson to falter when they went past.

But they didn't. Apparently the dog looked at the handler and realised it wasn't it's owner and flatly refused to run another inch. Just dug it's heels in and wouldn't budge, so they had to pull out.

This reminds me of the year I did ET with Kirra and Fergus, (and two other members of the Tas Agility Team in Adelaide and Melbourne). Once my friend and I got used to being on a bike again aafter more years than we cared to remember, and got used to riding with the dogs, we had great fun training. The actual day was not quite so fun, since it rained and squalled and sleeted ALL the time - not fun riding into it. The dogs did fine, until with only about 2 or 3 km to go, Fergus shook really vigorously and made me tip my bike over (away from him so I didn't fall on him ;) ). No harm done, except to the bike - brakes jammed - so had to borrow a spare bike while mine got fixed. My friend's husband, who was riding with Kirra, reassured himself that all was OK, and then was gong to keep going with Kirra - but she had other ideas - NOT going to leave my mum :D - so then both of us had to work really hard to catch up to the bunch, heading into a sleet squall. Luckily, the judge had taken the first leg out a bit faster, to bank some time for just this sort of emergency, so the pack slowed down a bit so we were able to catch up, and ride through the waterlogged grass to the finish. Yay! :)

The other problem I had was that Kirra has "white coat syndrome" - and her heart rate goes up to glory when she knows the vet is there :laugh: . Luckily, it meant her recorded resting heart rate was high too. The last check, I had her in my arms, so at first she didn't realise her heart rate was being checked - then turned her head and suddenly noticed the vet, who roared laughing as Kirra's heart rate shot up.

But, in spite of all the dramas - it was a real buzz training for ET and doing it. I'm planning to do it with lil big man Rory maybe next year or the year after.

Oh and the gel seat - and absolute must have :love:

Too many trips down the hill!!!! I reckon twice a week plus weekends is enough! Come summer I'll probably swap Tuesdays for Mondays again and pick on you!!!! :D :o

I'll put it in the car and if you see me at training either Tuesday or Wednesday nights come and let me know. I'll be at the Cloverdale trial as well.

And why aren't you training Mondays anymore :eek:

It's all yours, emery :rofl:

Great story Gayle I was glued to it, maybe I should pick up the distance on the bike and get my girl titled!!??

And why not? My dogs LOVE running beside the bike, and to be honest, if you're can commit to a couple of bike rides per week, plus other regular exercise for your dog, it's a pretty easy title to achieve.

Great story Gayle I was glued to it, maybe I should pick up the distance on the bike and get my girl titled!!??

And why not? My dogs LOVE running beside the bike, and to be honest, if you're can commit to a couple of bike rides per week, plus other regular exercise for your dog, it's a pretty easy title to achieve.

exactly! why not! I know my girl could do it she has great drive and would love it!!! thanks for the inspiration Gayle :laugh: