*condo Circuit People*

Flaves

just to let the people on the Condo circuit know, a couple of friends have had a number of dogs come down with KC.

They have been doing the circuit for the last 3 weeks so the dogs have picked it up whilst staying and showing up there

The dogs only started coughing last night - so it was definitely picked up along the circuit somewhere.

So please be aware that your dogs *may* have been exposed and *could* be carrying the virus.

And please if your dogs ARE sick, DON'T show them :D

Edited by Flaves

I am sorry to hear this news.

KC has been riff here in Victoria and people really don't seem to care if they spread it around, I am so over people who show no respect to others. I really wish there was a way to police this and have the offenders held accountable.

I know of somebody recently that had their dogs exposed to KC which in turn required Vet care with an expensive vet bill. The offender that spread it about kept their dogs out there and didn't care whether others got it :laugh: ......... Such a bad attitude!!!!!

I've posted this to my Facebook as some of my friends on there were doing the circuit.

I know when Stella my foster dog came from the pound and came down with kennel cough shortly after that I quarantined all of mine for two weeks at my place. I was not going to be responsible for any outbreak of kennel cough in my town. Even though only one of mine got a very mild dose thankfully for only two days then she was fine, poor Stella was worse.

It's a horrible disease and to hear them coughing is :laugh: I can't believe that people would be so inconsiderate to expose their dogs to other dogs. :laugh:

I know a few whose dogs have come down with kennel cough recently, its everywhere at the moment.

Yep - it has been absolutely everywhere and whilst of course there is a chance that the KC was picked up from another showie's dogs the odds are also pretty high that it was picked up from some dog in the local town.

I know a few whose dogs have come down with kennel cough recently, its everywhere at the moment.

Yep - it has been absolutely everywhere and whilst of course there is a chance that the KC was picked up from another showie's dogs the odds are also pretty high that it was picked up from some dog in the local town.

So true as this also travels through the air lets hope all are on top of this for their dogs sake sometimes mild but when they get a severe case it is not very nice.

it could have been from a locals dog true but it could have been from a show persons too.

We didnt know our dogs were sick till one started coughing.

They were in the ring when they were contagious with out us knowing.

so there are a large number of dogs that should be quarantined to stop the spread.

Edited by Flaves

My dogs have come down with KC twice already this year ;)

The first time it could of come from anywhere but the second time it could of only been picked up from a certain place, for the 2 weeks prior to developing symptoms the only time they had left our property had been to go there, we have no dogs on adjoining properties and no visitors (yes I know I am a loser :o , no truthfully I was working 12 hour days and our family was harbouring our own germs) Unfortunately one of my dogs developed a secondary infection and conjuntivitis :)

Although my vet said once symptoms are gone it isn't contagious anymore but we have happily stayed home for the last three weeks :rofl:

We are out showing again this weekend, weather looks to be against us but self preservation means we will be staying well away from everyone, I really don't want sick dogs yet again with our first Royal coming up.

Edited by SnoPaws

When we Vacc our pups the vet said KC is terrible this year. :thumbsup::)

I remember that every year most of the dogs based in the caravan park in Condo quite a few dogs will either come down with

diarrhoea or some other bug.

Thats what usually happens when you get quite alot of dogs living together.

BB

SnoPaws stay home till the Royal, it is only a couple of weeks!

THen you know you wont miss it

BB, there was a bug this year too.

We werent staying at the caravan park, we were there for shows and to use the fenced area to exercise the dogs