Big Thank You And Great Sportmanship

Wazzat Xolo

Just a big thank You to Sue Mallia after last weeks show at WA Canine Centre.

The handler of my Xolo came down with a terrible injury whilst running around the ring, as we rushed to her and to get her out of the ring, I instructed someone who had my dog just to put him back in his crate. Lovely Sue who had dogs of her own in the line up was all to helpful to offer to take my boy around the ring and finish the Group, this I was very grateful for as its not often I see this side of the show world. It was super for someone who doesnt really know me or my dog to make this effort and they looked great.

Just wanted to publicly thank Sue who certainly made a big impression with me for all the good and nice people in the show world which sometimes we dont see enough of!

For those that know Kim she has a badly torn hammy ( off the bone) and will be out of action for three months.

J

I made this video to thank Sue and Kim

Edited by Wazzat Xolo

Great to hear :-)) And I hope your poor handler is recovering !

Same thing happened to me a couple of years back at our specialty. I had run the young dog for his class, and we went straight into the next class - and a judge who wanted quite a few laps !!

Coming down to the humidity of Sydney after our tablelands had triggered my asthma, and halfway round the first lap with my 2nd dog, I just stopped being able to get enough air :-(

I ran out of the ring and a fellow exhibitor grabbed his lead and said...."you or the dog?" I gasped "ME" ! and he ran straight into the ring with him and finished the class.

I was so grateful, sportsmanship like that makes the odd sour grape a small thing.

fifi

Great to hear :-)) And I hope your poor handler is recovering !

Same thing happened to me a couple of years back at our specialty. I had run the young dog for his class, and we went straight into the next class - and a judge who wanted quite a few laps !!

Coming down to the humidity of Sydney after our tablelands had triggered my asthma, and halfway round the first lap with my 2nd dog, I just stopped being able to get enough air :-(

I ran out of the ring and a fellow exhibitor grabbed his lead and said...."you or the dog?" I gasped "ME" ! and he ran straight into the ring with him and finished the class.

I was so grateful, sportsmanship like that makes the odd sour grape a small thing.

fifi

Yes and I like the good stories of the bonding that the oldies ( as in experience) speak of,

I wrote to a canine Association the other day to say thank you for a few things they had helped me with and they were gob smaked i wanted to say a Public Thank you, but I feel in the day and age the words thank you do not come out enough, and I was so impressed with what people did that I believe a thank you was in order!!

Totally agree about the thank you's !

I emailed Dognews a while back to thank them for the wonderful coverage of our show in their paper, and recieved such a lovely and somewhat surprised response at my appreciation, I gather not many people take the time to thank others these days.

My mother is very big on 'thank you' notes, and as a child I was encouraged to write them. I think that spirit is often lacking in our modern world.

fifi

I said to a lady the other day what great manners her son had, he actually said

"Excuse me " to me to get passed!!

( aged 6/8 ish) and she was so surprised as well and when she told him what I had just told her, he was as proud as punch, and made me feel good too!

Maybe everyone is just so busy they forget, but thats no excuse !

I said to a lady the other day what great manners her son had, he actually said

"Excuse me " to me to get passed!!

( aged 6/8 ish) and she was so surprised as well and when she told him what I had just told her, he was as proud as punch, and made me feel good too!

Maybe everyone is just so busy they forget, but thats no excuse !

This one is not dog related ,today at the supermarket I was after a carry basket for the few thing that I needed and a young girl was before me after the same thing and to my surprise she handed a basket to me and then got one for herself .With a thank you and a smile I took it and then said to her mother what a lovely yong girl.

:rofl::rofl: for kim and for sue.

It is great to get help from fellow exhibitors and i really hope kim heals quickly.

Thankyou sue for your help with he wonderful xolos :rofl:

Three months Emery she has been told, and I think it may be longer! poor Kim she puts her heart into all she does, I may have to get permission when the dog titles to get a runner and let Kim stack him for his points, the girl isnt entered for a few weeks, next show is the Royal for her!

:laugh: :D for kim and for sue.

It is great to get help from fellow exhibitors and i really hope kim heals quickly.

Thankyou sue for your help with he wonderful xolos :rofl:

Three months Emery she has been told, and I think it may be longer! poor Kim she puts her heart into all she does, I may have to get permission when the dog titles to get a runner and let Kim stack him for his points, the girl isnt entered for a few weeks, next show is the Royal for her!

Hopefully that will be allowed (is at our specialty rofl)

Poor kim 3 months :o

My offer stands any time you need it bar this weekend rofl am willing to learn :rofl:

Get well kim hope you aren't in too much pain