Dog Supplies

Dju

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...Toys...best ones we have had have been the rope tugtoys from Bargain Basement at $2.50 each and so far indestructable. They also sell large 'tennis' balls that are great. Tough as and no choking hazard even for my big mouthed dogs. Gotta say though that Jane and Gus's all time favourite toy is the trusty old explorer sock. Its stretchy, chewy and (almost) indestructable. Oh...and Gus loves sticks. Not encouraged but when you have a garden full of them its hard to stop.

Beds....Not til they are too old to get up on the furniture I'm afraid. Jane would just try to shove one through the doggy door anyway so we don't go there!

Collars...I like the IGA ones that have a buckle...much more trustworthy then the clicky ones that can break but then we only use the collars when we go for a walk.

Congrats in advance on your new pup. The fun is about to begin :rofl:

The only thing I have to say right now is don't be devastated if your dog doesn't sleep on its bed! This is what Luuka used to do:

17945_277649170464_681315464_4799166_1212587_n.jpg

Sorry about the crappy iPhone photo, that's all I used to have!

She would still rather sleep on some nice tiles or carpet than a bed, she sleeps in my room (which has an ensuite) and she jumps up for our nightly 'goodnight cuddle' then she is down on the floor (her own choice) 5 minutes later :rofl:

Ok...Toys...best ones we have had have been the rope tugtoys from Bargain Basement at $2.50 each and so far indestructable. They also sell large 'tennis' balls that are great. Tough as and no choking hazard even for my big mouthed dogs. Gotta say though that Jane and Gus's all time favourite toy is the trusty old explorer sock. Its stretchy, chewy and (almost) indestructable. Oh...and Gus loves sticks. Not encouraged but when you have a garden full of them its hard to stop.

Beds....Not til they are too old to get up on the furniture I'm afraid. Jane would just try to shove one through the doggy door anyway so we don't go there!

Collars...I like the IGA ones that have a buckle...much more trustworthy then the clicky ones that can break but then we only use the collars when we go for a walk.

Congrats in advance on your new pup. The fun is about to begin :rofl:

Is Bargain Basement a real store? :rofl: I don't think we have any of those in Brissy unfortunately. Oooh, sticks, those definitely aren't indestructible :rofl:

We're going to have a strict no going on the furniture rule around this house.. except for of course at night when mom can't see my drag the puppy into my bed. :rofl: Can't wait for the fun to start :rofl:

The only thing I have to say right now is don't be devastated if your dog doesn't sleep on its bed! This is what Luuka used to do:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc...6_1212587_n.jpg

Sorry about the crappy iPhone photo, that's all I used to have!

She would still rather sleep on some nice tiles or carpet than a bed, she sleeps in my room (which has an ensuite) and she jumps up for our nightly 'goodnight cuddle' then she is down on the floor (her own choice) 5 minutes later :rofl:

LOL!! That's terrible, and the bed looks so expensive too! So maybe it's a good idea to buy cheapies first and see how he does with them before I invest in more expensive products :rofl: It's better buying a 20$ kmart kids couch and not having him sleep in it than investing in an $80 bed and not having him sleep in it! :rofl:

LOL at the condom bed.

Yea, sticks are good, specially big ones. We had a branch fall in our back yard a while ago and we sawed it up and put it somewhere the dogs couldnt get it. Wrell lo and behold, little miss found a way in and dragged out 2. One is about forearm sized, and the other is a chunk of wood (maybe the branch fork) and as big as the little one (no idea how she pulled it out but she is always carrying it round the yard) and I just don't have the heart to remove them. They love them and are always playing with them.

Aren't sticks dangerous because they can splinter? :rofl: We have a whole pile in the backyard, we'll have to get rid of them soon so the dog doesn't get into them.

Oh my dear... naughty Maverick!!! Would you look at that "What did I do; I didn't do anything??" expression he's carrying :rofl: :rofl:

Got our collars form pigdogsupplies.com they're lasting well, and certainly are in the elements daily, made to size. I did see a website called rogue royalty.com.au heaps of nice stuff, but the nice stuff doesn't last long with dogs who like to chew each other collars as a game.

Beds.. ah!! stopped using them as they kept getting eaten, now the dogs have ownership of an armchair each which they don't eat, though i'm thinking of getting them one of the Kiddies fold out lounges about $20 from Kmart see how long it lasts.

That's a really good idea! Our dogs wreck their beds too but they are allowed on the couch and stuff but I may have to copy you and pop one of those in the lounge for them.

I've got Bullmastiffs and am using a single bed mattress with a mattress protector and a (cheap) woolen underlay as the cover. I have two underlays, one on the mattress and one in the wash. They love it! Can get single bed foam mattress second hand from salvo's or the likes or at Clarks from $50 up.

I recently bought a new crate off ebay from Petstation for $99.......thats the xlarge 48inch. I was lazy and had it delivered though so if you're able and want to save on delivery then pick up is the better option.

Toys - one of their favourite toys is an excercise ball....can't remember what they're called. $8 at Coles on special at some stage.

Things I could not do without for Zero:

Ruthless Leather Collar and leash:

4881475081_554c9d7356.jpg

k9+ Royale 2 dog crate (complete with Zero's name on it)

4970388989_70a0ce26c3.jpg

Clamshell pool + kong (zero has 4 kongs):

DSC_1333.jpg?t=1283949182

Bowl:

DSC_1282-1.jpg?t=1283949279

A harness (ruffwear palisades pack):

IMG_5238-1.jpg?t=1283949398

That becomes a backpack:

IMG_5213.jpg?t=1283949462

Toys!!!

Tug-a-jug

4287253059_f977fef1a2.jpg

Stuffingless fox

4211456813_9bfbb32af6.jpg

And donkey (to name a few):

DSC_1093-2.jpg?t=1283950723

So many things that Zero has is on my wishlist.. :rofl:

I've been looking around for clamshell pools EVERYWHERE but they're all sold out!! Are they only sold in Kmart?

Love the crate, it looks really tough and that nametag is the perfect touch :rofl:

And I'm definitely going to be getting one of those harnesses (maybe without the backpack though, I dunno what use I would get out of the backpack portion that's worth paying double the harness :rofl: )!

Yea clamshell pools are fab!

When we moved in to this house someone had left one down the side of the garage and it was great over summer. It has big cracks in though so we will get two new ones for Xmas and make one a sand pit.

I have also heard that you can find a lot of them when spring cleaning comes along and people leave them in front of their houses.. Would love to just pluck some stuff up, also seen COUCHES on the sidewalk, and that would probably make a fantastic outdoor bed for a dog.

Yea clamshell pools are fab!

When we moved in to this house someone had left one down the side of the garage and it was great over summer. It has big cracks in though so we will get two new ones for Xmas and make one a sand pit.

I have also heard that you can find a lot of them when spring cleaning comes along and people leave them in front of their houses.. Would love to just pluck some stuff up, also seen COUCHES on the sidewalk, and that would probably make a fantastic outdoor bed for a dog.

Thats a good point, I have seen a lot of clam shell pools out at collection time!

Oh! and for me, one of these (doog walkie belt) for short walks:

One of these (houndbag) for longer times out with Zero:

And one of these (I lie, the car is actually for Zero, not me) :rofl: :

Well you're certainly prepared for anything! :rofl: I like the look of the doog walkie belts but I'm worried about looking like a crazy dog lady wearing a bumbag :rofl:

I've been looking around for clamshell pools EVERYWHERE but they're all sold out!! Are they only sold in Kmart?

i got mine in big W - it was about $16 from memory.

You can get them in a lot of places though! I've seen them in toy stores, target, k-mart, big w and even down at our local bunnings.

They'll get more common as the weather heats up

i got mine in big W - it was about $16 from memory.

You can get them in a lot of places though! I've seen them in toy stores, target, k-mart, big w and even down at our local bunnings.

They'll get more common as the weather heats up

I'll make sure to shop around then, I've been wanting one of those for a while now. One half for me, one half for Hugo. It would be perfect :rofl: