stormie

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pets Paradise :laugh:

There are of course many varieties of names that you will see while on DOL in reference to that particular chain of stores but usually it's referred to as PP.

Gotcha - thanks. I understand the underlying message of PP regarding...

/choosing words carefully...

...less than ideal breed standards, and questionable ethics in terms of the sale of animals. (I think that's a fair enough way to put it.)

I just wasn't sure what PP stands for!

I do have to admit though that leroy was pretty cute and I was amazed at the extent they went to to fix him considering as previously mentioned, most livestock just get shot when they break a limb. I suppose that the show would offer some form of remuneration to those ppl who are starred on the show so maybe Leroy's surgery was funded, otherwise that surgery would have cost thousands of dollars!

Then again the animal farm lady seemed pretty attached to him and I believe her animals are pets rather than livestock so maybe she did pay for it.

I seriously doubt she did pay for it. The lamb was underweight and so was the other one on her property that we saw just glimpses of. Lambs are expensive to feed but it should be done properly and those two didn't look like they were being fed the correct amount. If she can't do that then I doubt she would have the cash for a serious operation like the one Leroy required.

I think the lamb was dumped on her doorstep, but I could be wrong.

And as someone else said, definitely nowhere near Bondi. But then again, in another episode he got a "call out" to the Reptile Park about an alligator that was thought to have swallowed a plastic bottle. Because Sommersby is just around the corner from Bondi. Not. :banghead:

I think the lamb was dumped on her doorstep, but I could be wrong.

And as someone else said, definitely nowhere near Bondi. But then again, in another episode he got a "call out" to the Reptile Park about an alligator that was thought to have swallowed a plastic bottle. Because Sommersby is just around the corner from Bondi. Not. :banghead:

Haha of course... just like the time he was called out to Rachael Sanna's place in Glossodia when one of her mares was about to foal. Because a rider of her status with horses worth as much as hers would definitely call out a small animal vet like him over an experienced equine vet, in the event of a potential problem. ;)