Kepala Meet- Sunday September 12, 2010.

pip1981

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keroppiyo: I've been wondering lately, how come Buffy doesnt have the coat the other sammies that come do?

I'm not really sure. She looks pretty fluffy to me at home and to the untrained public :laugh: Just at Kepala with all the other white fluffies you can see the massive difference in coat.

Seeing she's already 14 months, I doubt the outer hair will grow any longer. Pip was saying she might just have a shorter coat, I tend to agree. Variation within a breed maybe. And I can never get her as white as the other Sammies (although she was pretty much as white as they come when I got her). It seems her coat is not as teflon-like as others too.

Pip, do Dakota and Tika still have a bit of mud on them? Buffy still has a bit which if I don't comb it'll probably just stay there.

Very nice pics Spitzbaby. Kairu sure did bring joy to us all on Sunday.

Great photos spitzbaby! I especially like the ones of Kairu with Echo and Alera, so sweet.

Pip: You'll have to see Jess soon. I got to see that lovely rock on her finger! Very nice ring indeed.

I actually bumped into her yesterday at my work! I'm such a duffa, I forgot to look at her ring...lol. We will catch up properly soon I hope.

Keroppiyo: I've been wondering lately, how come Buffy doesnt have the coat the other sammies that come do?

I'm not really sure. She looks pretty fluffy to me at home and to the untrained public :laugh: Just at Kepala with all the other white fluffies you can see the massive difference in coat.

Seeing she's already 14 months, I doubt the outer hair will grow any longer. Pip was saying she might just have a shorter coat, I tend to agree. Variation within a breed maybe. And I can never get her as white as the other Sammies (although she was pretty much as white as they come when I got her). It seems her coat is not as teflon-like as others too.

Pip, do Dakota and Tika still have a bit of mud on them? Buffy still has a bit which if I don't comb it'll probably just stay there.

LC, I'm no expert, but like Keroppiyo said, I really do think Buffy just has a shorter outer coat than your average Sammie. Dakota's coat is longer than average, but not very thick, so it sits pretty flat. At least Buffy's stands out from her body like it's supposed to...lol. I guess they are two perfect examples of variation in the breed. And neither of them are like what you see in the show rings or in pictures.

Keroppiyo, I think Buffy's coat may be slightly harsher, and that's why is holds the dirt better. Dakota's does too, other non-Sammie people think she's clean, when I know full-well that she is grubby. All the actual particles of dirt seem to fall out, but the faint stain remains. Maybe you can ask for advice/products on how to get Buffy white again in the Samoyed thread, I'm sure Kelza and Bindii would have some suggestions.

As for the Kepala mud, I think it's a special kind of sticky black mud, lol. I haven't given the girls a brush yet, and Dakota definitely still has some on her, no other dirt sticks to her like that stuff. Tika's pretty clean, but she didn't play as hard as Dakota.

Speaking of which, I really should get that brush out now....

:)

Thanks Keroppiyo , I have to agree with you , although I am a little biased. But I do always think of him as Dexter the doufus :thumbsup:

Of course not CF. OH and I are in love with Dexter. I'm usually more into medium sized fluffy dogs (e.g. sammies and lappies :thumbsup: ), but Dexter always looks so happy and somewhat goofy, I want one just like him!

Yes, Acheron was heaps more comfortable this time, which is great to see!

IT has been ages - but I think the October Kepala is only about three weekends away after this one - so not long now :eek:

CF: I think we all at kepala know him as Dexter the Doofus ;) I cant wait to see Dexter again it's been AGES!!

I wish i lived closer to the rest of you!

I don't think Odie minds being stalked. That's kind of what he is hoping for! He likes having what everyone else wants.

Great pics everyone, Acheron looks alot more relaxed this time. If only you could all see him at home, such a different dog. Very (over) confident and playful.

He does want to approach other dogs but only if it's one on one. When there is a group like that it freaks him out a little. At least he was better than last time and hopefully will be better again next time. ;)

I would suggest maybe starting Arch in another run with just one dog then when he is confortable add another and so on until he is comfortable rather then mobbing him with 10 + all at once, though he is large he is still a baby after all so slow would be better IMHO. better to build up to running with the pack :eek:

ETA: love the pics there are some really nice ones up there :o and i cant believe i missed meeting that stunning little bubba!!!! cuteness overload!

Edited by kirst_goldens

I don't think Odie minds being stalked. That's kind of what he is hoping for! He likes having what everyone else wants.

Great pics everyone, Acheron looks alot more relaxed this time. If only you could all see him at home, such a different dog. Very (over) confident and playful.

He does want to approach other dogs but only if it's one on one. When there is a group like that it freaks him out a little. At least he was better than last time and hopefully will be better again next time. ;)

I would suggest maybe starting Arch in another run with just one dog then when he is confortable add another and so on until he is comfortable rather then mobbing him with 10 + all at once, though he is large he is still a baby after all so slow would be better IMHO. better to build up to running with the pack :eek:

ETA: love the pics there are some really nice ones up there :o and i cant believe i missed meeting that stunning little bubba!!!! cuteness overload!

I totally agree, perhaps thats a better way to slowly introduce him to the group rather than him be scared about a group of 10+ dogs at once.

He took a real liking to Dexter. He even tried to initiate play with him at some points through the day so maybe he would be a good starting point. I also noticed that Echo was following him around a fair bit. She seemed very interested in him and was very unobtrusive. She didn't push herself on him but just seemed curious about him. Both she and Alera are really good around him and he isn't too worried about them.

Silly boy is his own worst enemy, the more he carries on like a pork chop the more the other dogs want to come close and check him out!

I hope I can come to at least one more Kepala meet. :hug:

I would be more than happy if you want to try something with Dexter - he usually needs a bit of a lunatic run up first and then he chills - at least a little :cry:

He took a real liking to Dexter. He even tried to initiate play with him at some points through the day so maybe he would be a good starting point. I also noticed that Echo was following him around a fair bit. She seemed very interested in him and was very unobtrusive. She didn't push herself on him but just seemed curious about him. Both she and Alera are really good around him and he isn't too worried about them.

Silly boy is his own worst enemy, the more he carries on like a pork chop the more the other dogs want to come close and check him out!

I hope I can come to at least one more Kepala meet. :hug:

Its about time I checked out these photos! :o

Great shots, it looks like it was a lovely day.

I'm looking forward to the next meet, and will be there for sure!

April will have to have some time out, as she had a big day Wednesday at the vets, and I don't want to over do it, even if it will be 3 weeks after her op. :rofl: I guess I'm just being overly protective of my baby girl.... I almost cried when I left her at the vets! :D She has slept on my bed since. :):rofl:

Its about time I checked out these photos! :laugh:

Great shots, it looks like it was a lovely day.

I'm looking forward to the next meet, and will be there for sure!

April will have to have some time out, as she had a big day Wednesday at the vets, and I don't want to over do it, even if it will be 3 weeks after her op. :mad I guess I'm just being overly protective of my baby girl.... I almost cried when I left her at the vets! :) She has slept on my bed since. :mad:mad

Hey, I think I missed something...why was April at the vets?? ;) Poor girl...I hope she's better soon whatever the cause... (impatiently goes off to search for the answer)

On a happier note, we're only 2 weeks and 1 day from our next meet!!! :(