Adaa Grand Prix

sheena

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kootingal Chinese is really surprisingly good

it's about a 20 min drive from the equestrian centre, less if you are good at following directions because I can tell you the short cut

let me know, hope you can make it!

TigerJack - I think I have just twigged who you are - If you are bringing your " whole menagerie " does that mean I can look forward to meeting more little dogs?

If I am right then I think you handle your dog very well for someone who has only been trialling for a short while.

Agility Dogs - Maybe you'll have to slap me! :wave: My mini is half kelpie cause I was too inexperienced with dogs fullstop to consider a complete working type dog. He has been a good dog to learn with and I can still learn more with him. And my toy girl. But I am already dreaming of my next dog. Too many dogs - I need to control myself. Thou I was oohing and aahing over a black and white rescue dog.

So slap me please.

I just received my list of entrys via email...12 events all up including the 24 weave pole challenge. Starting to get excited now..if only I could get Bindi to do a lovely drop on the table in competition like she does at training :eek: At last weekends trial, I set a table up on the side & she did perfect drops even with little dogs all round her doing their "yap yap" thing at her. When it was her turn in the ring.....NO WAY MUM :laugh: Same with the weaves, though she was 80% accurate in the trial. In training I can send her, call her through, put her in at different angles etc & hardly never misses a beat, even with distractions. We had some tricky entrances on the weekend (for novice) & in one run she had three goes at going in :confused: Thinking back, I think that during trialing I am trying to be so careful about pulling her around straight for the entry, that I am putting her off her concentration. Maybe I should be just giving her the "Go Weavers" command & let her find her own way...& don't worry about the scolding I will get later from my instructor, if it doesn't work :eek:

We are in starters & intermediate classes at the Grand Prix.....this is our first year of trialing.

TigerJack - I think I have just twigged who you are - If you are bringing your " whole menagerie " does that mean I can look forward to meeting more little dogs?

If I am right then I think you handle your dog very well for someone who has only been trialling for a short while.

Agility Dogs - Maybe you'll have to slap me! :laugh: My mini is half kelpie cause I was too inexperienced with dogs fullstop to consider a complete working type dog. He has been a good dog to learn with and I can still learn more with him. And my toy girl. But I am already dreaming of my next dog. Too many dogs - I need to control myself. Thou I was oohing and aahing over a black and white rescue dog.

So slap me please.

No slapping necessary - you know enough to make your own decisions. :confused: Can't wait to meet your Kelpie girl!

Too many dogs - nah. We have just brought our third into our home and I'm already starting to annoy OH about no. 4. (or at least warn her that it will happen when our newest and naughtiest turn 5 or I retire my girl. (Whichever comes first - hopefully it will be Wikki turning 5 though!)

I just received my list of entrys via email...12 events all up including the 24 weave pole challenge. Starting to get excited now..if only I could get Bindi to do a lovely drop on the table in competition like she does at training :eek: At last weekends trial, I set a table up on the side & she did perfect drops even with little dogs all round her doing their "yap yap" thing at her. When it was her turn in the ring.....NO WAY MUM :eek: Same with the weaves, though she was 80% accurate in the trial. In training I can send her, call her through, put her in at different angles etc & hardly never misses a beat, even with distractions. We had some tricky entrances on the weekend (for novice) & in one run she had three goes at going in :confused: Thinking back, I think that during trialing I am trying to be so careful about pulling her around straight for the entry, that I am putting her off her concentration. Maybe I should be just giving her the "Go Weavers" command & let her find her own way...& don't worry about the scolding I will get later from my instructor, if it doesn't work :eek:

We are in starters & intermediate classes at the Grand Prix.....this is our first year of trialing.

:p You might have a point - I find with my two less is more. The more I talk and try and manage them around the course the more they get confused.

They pretty much know what they have to do - run a straight line unless I tell them otherwise. Any verbal cues I give are more for my own self confidence than they are for the dogs - unless there is something evil in a gamble - Xena has a reliable out command. CK well, he is just CK - good thing he is beautiful and can play flyball. :laugh:

What are all you ADAA Grand Prixers doing for the Sunday night dress up dinner???? I think our group will probably look like a herd of Friesans in cowboy hats...could have been worse....could have been "Cows with Guns" :o

Anyway, its my girl Bindi's 3rd birthday today :rofl: & in our first year of trialing (hers AND mine) she has achieved her JD & GD Titles & has one last chance at Armidale (week after Grand Prix) to get her AD Title :rofl:

Thought I would share a birthday photo of her having fun :D

Dog077.jpg

See you all there...just a few more sleeps :)

• 2 weeks later...

What an awesome venue, and an awesome weekend all round!

I think just about all the puppies really enjoyed it once they realised what they were there for! :laugh:

Here are a couple of runs from the weekend..........

Hope to see some more of you there next year!!

What an awesome venue, and an awesome weekend all round!

I think just about all the puppies really enjoyed it once they realised what they were there for! :thumbsup:

Here are a couple of runs from the weekend..........

Hope to see some more of you there next year!!

What breed of dog was the last dog in the teams, big bouncy doggy :thumbsup:

What breed of dog was the last dog in the teams, big bouncy doggy :thumbsup:

yes, he is a dog is probably the best answer.

Best guess is BC, Aussie and something.

He is a beautiful boy - not normally that bouncy, but he was just having a blast.

Edited by Agility Dogs

We had an absolute blast :rofl: The people were friendly, the judges were friendly (not like one we had at the Armidale Trial this weekend....what a sadist) & all the courses were fun for the dogs as well as being challenging. The surface was great to run on & fast & thanksgoodness it was all under cover cause it rained. Bindi just loved all the runs & now we have to find some more ADAA events to go to so we can get her final pass for AAD, so we can go in the games next year. The dinner sunday night was fun. Hope they can hold it there again next year. Only one thing I found a little difficult, & that was the great crowds of competitors walking the courses at the same time & then having to wait for up to two hours before our run came up....maybe they could split the walkers into a couple of groups....just a suggestion :cheer:

I have just got home from a break after the GP.

OMG!! What a great weekend. It was a really steep learning curve for me and my dogs. Now I want to run inside all the time. No more long wet grass in the mornings.

I was in the smaller arena most of the time, except for a few runs and Friday nite which was a bit daunting first up.

Agility Dogs - I did see you a few times thou you seemed to be always on the move and I was too shy to interrupt. Sorry. I was thinking that there would be heaps of time to catch up later but time seemed to fly. I was dissappointed when it was Monday and all over.

Watched the clips you posted and your dogs ran well. It is good to see new handlers and dogs from what we normally see.

Sheena - I take it you were with the group who wore black and white cowhide to the dinner? Gald you enjpyed the GP like we did.

Can't wait till next year. My dogs each earned a title and seemed to run like mad things inside. Some of our club members stayed in the caravans provided and it was very social. Dinner at the club Monday was a nice way to finish up.

So anyone who loves agility and a social time - plan to be there next year.

Yes, we were the noisy group with the freisan vests on. I would have been in the same events as you I think, though I didn't get to meet you :(

For those who missed out. here are a couple of photos...eat your heart out :eek:

024.jpg

023.jpg

I have just got home from a break after the GP.

OMG!! What a great weekend. It was a really steep learning curve for me and my dogs. Now I want to run inside all the time. No more long wet grass in the mornings.

I was in the smaller arena most of the time, except for a few runs and Friday nite which was a bit daunting first up.

Agility Dogs - I did see you a few times thou you seemed to be always on the move and I was too shy to interrupt. Sorry. I was thinking that there would be heaps of time to catch up later but time seemed to fly. I was dissappointed when it was Monday and all over.

Watched the clips you posted and your dogs ran well. It is good to see new handlers and dogs from what we normally see.

Sheena - I take it you were with the group who wore black and white cowhide to the dinner? Gald you enjpyed the GP like we did.

Can't wait till next year. My dogs each earned a title and seemed to run like mad things inside. Some of our club members stayed in the caravans provided and it was very social. Dinner at the club Monday was a nice way to finish up.

So anyone who loves agility and a social time - plan to be there next year.

:eek:

We were wrapped with the way it went.

I know what you mean about being shy - I am too! (Probably why I like my key board.) Between the 3 dogs and trying to have a chat to everyone in the club, plus do a little bit to help out around the place I was pretty busy, but always happy to have a chat - make sure you do say hi next time!!

Our next big event is our first ADAA nationals, but the GP always has been and always will be a social/fun weekend just like this one. The venue was just icing on the cake though.

I know what you mean about being shy - I am too! (Probably why I like my key board.) Between the 3 dogs and trying to have a chat to everyone in the club, plus do a little bit to help out around the place I was pretty busy, but always happy to have a chat - make sure you do say hi next time!!

Lol, this is me, Ive seen Agility Dogs at competitions, but everytime I see him Im to chicken to say hello, I always find some excuse "oh he is about to do a run" or "nah he is busy talking right now" lol

Lol, this is me, Ive seen Agility Dogs at competitions, but everytime I see him Im to chicken to say hello, I always find some excuse "oh he is about to do a run" or "nah he is busy talking right now" lol

I am scary! I wouldn't say hello to me either. :laugh:

I am scary! I wouldn't say hello to me either. :rofl:

Lol, there we are heard it from the man himself

Are you coming to the next PADS comp? thats the next one Ill be at

Yep. Only bringing Xena and Wikki though. CK has the night off because we are flyballing at the Sunshine Coast the next day and he needs his beauty sleep. :laugh:

See you there.

Yep. Only bringing Xena and Wikki though. CK has the night off because we are flyballing at the Sunshine Coast the next day and he needs his beauty sleep. :laugh:

See you there.

Ill be there with both my girls :rofl:

Is there a lot of flyball comeptitions up this way? i was looking on the AFA website and there is only one or something...unless Im just looking in the wrong place, Im thinking about starting Tess now that our agility is getting strong