Adaa Grand Prix

sheena

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's going to the ADAA Grand Prix in Tamworth in a couple of weeks. So far from previous postings, I know of two others besides our club.

I'm one of the two. :thumbsup:

Will be the one towing a trailer full of agility gear! :laugh:

See you all there. Only a few sleeps to go! :o

Yeah, your'e one of the two ..the other one is BC4Me

Who's going to the ADAA Grand Prix in Tamworth in a couple of weeks. So far from previous postings, I know of two others besides our club.

I'm one of the two. :thumbsup:

Will be the one towing a trailer full of agility gear! :laugh:

See you all there. Only a few sleeps to go! :o

Yeah, your'e one of the two ..the other one is BC4Me

My boy is in her girl's team.

CK's Choc Chip Chasers.

I'll be there!

I'm keen and I'm hoping the dogs are too! I am looking forward to going away with the dogs and others from my club. And I enjoy having a chat at trials with other like-minded people. :)

I only helped out last year as my dogs were not ready to run yet.

Sorry you won't be there rastus_froggy. I always wanted to see your little brindle guy go! I take it you have found someone to train you? Are you competing?

Looking forward to putting faces ....and dogs... to other DOLers then. Might need a hint who is who as people with border collies won't be in short supply. :laugh:

I'll be there!

I'm keen and I'm hoping the dogs are too! I am looking forward to going away with the dogs and others from my club. And I enjoy having a chat at trials with other like-minded people. :)

Sorry you won't be there rastus_froggy. I always wanted to see your little brindle guy go! I take it you have found someone to train you? Are you competing?

Looking forward to putting faces ....and dogs... to other DOLers then. Might need a hint who is who as people with border collies won't be in short supply. :birthday:

Still training on my own, so my poor little one will just have to put up with my crap handling.

I'll be there!

Looking forward to putting faces ....and dogs... to other DOLers then. Might need a hint who is who as people with border collies won't be in short supply. :birthday:

:) I'll have a shirt on that says 'Xena is a BAD dog' or CK is a BAD dog or CK's Choc Chip Chasers.

See you there!

I will probably have one of my Border Collie shirts on...either "My border collie is handler impaired, but patiently training" or "My border collie loves agility". We are in the beginners & she will be the only Chocolate border there with a leaf hanging out of her mouth like a cigarette paper, most of the time, :D & she has pricked ears.

The 24 weave pole challenge...we are in it just for the fun, can anyone explain the rules of the game :) Maybe the slower dogs will do better in it because the poles are closer together. :thumbsup:

Simple - timing gates are set up at the start and finish of 24 weave poles. Quickest dog wins.

Slow dogs do better - probably not. Expect the quickest midi dogs to do it in about 4.5 seconds. Xena last year did about 5.7 seconds and was 6th or 7th in the prelims. Not sure what the other height classes did.

BC 4 Me's girl was just AWESOME.

The 24 weave pole challenge...we are in it just for the fun, can anyone explain the rules of the game :) Maybe the slower dogs will do better in it because the poles are closer together. :thumbsup:

Simple - timing gates are set up at the start and finish of 24 weave poles. Quickest dog wins.

Slow dogs do better - probably not. Expect the quickest midi dogs to do it in about 4.5 seconds. Xena last year did about 5.7 seconds and was 6th or 7th in the prelims. Not sure what the other height classes did.

Which one....I am hoping I will finally get to meet Coco :laugh:

Which one....I am hoping I will finally get to meet Coco :bottom:

Pretty sure it was Coco from memory. Just a shame she isn't black and white....... :laugh::bottom:

Thanks for the clues.. will drop by and say hello now I can find you.

I am a bit in awe of the BC's and their handlers. I am learning still and I have a toy and mini.

I have heard it is a bit chilly in Tamworth at the moment althou last year the weather seemed warmer than it is now. Have to cuddle up with some dog warmers.

Rastus_froggy will pm you when I have more time. I am so lucky now in regards to training.

I am a bit in awe of the BC's and their handlers. I am learning still and I have a toy and mini.

I have heard it is a bit chilly in Tamworth at the moment althou last year the weather seemed warmer than it is now. Have to cuddle up with some dog warmers.

Rastus_froggy will pm you when I have more time. I am so lucky now in regards to training.

We're going from ADAA in Tamworth to the Armidale trial the following weekend...will be far chillier in Armidale. Might have to fight OH for the dog in my sleeping bag :cry:

COOL! :D

As for the second bit - if ever anyone says to me that they want to take up agility and are going to get a BC because they are good at it I think I'll slap them. I would never have gone and got another breed, but it has been a really hard ride learning to run agility courses and doing it with a quick dog.

Thing is though I've also run some small dogs and they have their own challenges that big dog owners can't appreciate. We all learn what we need to from our dogs. :)

Not long to go now!

where is it being held? At the dog training grounds?

The Tamworth Dog Show is on that weekend too but it is at Kootingal. some of us DOLers are meeting at the Kootingal Chinese at the bowling club on the Saturday night. It would be lovely if you guys could make it as well?

and yes, it is chillly at the moment in Tamworth - it was getting warmer during the days but not today. And this mornign we had a frost again, thought we were finished for the year!

where is it being held? At the dog training grounds?

The Tamworth Dog Show is on that weekend too but it is at Kootingal. some of us DOLers are meeting at the Kootingal Chinese at the bowling club on the Saturday night. It would be lovely if you guys could make it as well?

and yes, it is chillly at the moment in Tamworth - it was getting warmer during the days but not today. And this mornign we had a frost again, thought we were finished for the year!

It's at the indoor equestrian centre & goes from Friday evening till Monday over the October long weekend. Is the Kootingal Chinese a good meal ?