Advise Required

bl0nd3y

Is it animal cruelty to have a dog for the purpose of breeding only?

And lets say this dog doesnt get any love, affection, or attention due to the dog being mentally "slow" , its had numerous amount of puppies, once its given birth and pups are weened its then put outside and forgotten before required again.

the family plans on having the dog put down once it cant provide puppies, is this wrong? what can i do to help this poor dog. BTW its a rescue dog aswell.

bl0nd3y your post is posted in the wrong area, so you may not get too many comments :laugh:

But the answer is YES ,its animal cruelty.....and very wrong on so many levels. :eek:

Dogs are pack animals and really need to be with the family.

I doubt the dog is slow just the owner :)

I was once told by a dog breeder that they are either breeding dogs or pets cant have both, THIS IS WRONG and NOT TRUE :D

I hope the dog gets fed well and shelter from the wearther elements.????

And lets say this dog doesnt get any love, affection, or attention due to the dog being mentally "slow" , its had numerous amount of puppies, once its given birth and pups are weened its then put outside and forgotten before required again.

the family plans on having the dog put down once it cant provide puppies, is this wrong? what can i do to help this poor dog. BTW its a rescue dog aswell.

where was the dog rescued from? I would be calling them and asking why it was provided still entire. As for the dog being mentally slow, seems like the family are before the dog. Legally, unless the dog is being denied medical attention, shelter, food or water they are doing nothing wrong. Morally ... well ... dont ever let me be on the phone with them they'll be deaf.

where was the dog rescued from? I would be calling them and asking why it was provided still entire. As for the dog being mentally slow, seems like the family are before the dog. Legally, unless the dog is being denied medical attention, shelter, food or water they are doing nothing wrong. Morally ... well ... dont ever let me be on the phone with them they'll be deaf.

Perhaps they got the dog from a pound as opposed to a rescue? I knew some people once who always desexed their pets and rescued, until one day they bought a male border entire from the town pound. They didn't bother desexing him because he 'caused no trouble' and then their neighbour asked them if they were interested in studding him.... ;) don't know if they ever did but I sure hope not. :eek:

whatever the case, its absolutely disgusting. poor poor dog.

The fact that they are breeding from a dog they consider to have a week temperament is the worst part.

No wonder people get bit when people are letting these type of dogs breed.

Thats why there are so many fear biters out there.