What To Feed A Big Dog

KumaAkita

Our 10 month old Akita, Kuma is currently being fed Advance Puppy Growth for Large Breeds. He also gets a tin of sardines once a week at the moment. He's also keen on yoghurt.

We are thinking of adding a few extra bits to his food, but wondering if he is too big to eat chicken frames? I am worried about choking hazzards.

What do you reckon??

what is a lamb flap please?

I went to the butcher to get some the other day and they didn't even know!

They ended up giving me some weird rib type thing and two "dog bones" which are god knows what- looks like a femur of some sort, probably lamb judging by size- is that ok for a largeish dog to eat?

I sometimes give mine a lamb shank but take it away before she can actually start to eat the bone, just to give her teeth a workout and a bit of a clean. There is also a fair amount of meat on that type of bone (people it- yuck :hug:)

I used to let my old dog eat the whole bone as she actually chewed her food unlike Miss Vaccum Cleaner.

lamb flaps are the muscle that stretches from the lower ribs to across the abdominal cavity, it's pretty much a throw out meat. It can also include some of hte ribs themselves

shanks are way too dear. Just ask for off cuts, if they dont have them find a better butcher. Not everyone gets whole carcasses so they have little cheap stuff to offer you