Pro Plan Sensitive

Crysti_Lei

I've just started using this for my allergic boy and so far it is the only kibble he can tolerate and doesn't make him break out in a rash so I thought I'd look it up because Petstock charge around $130 for 15kg.

So, what I found, Petfood24/7 sell 15kg for $107.75 +$5.50p&h, so this will be my first go to when I need another bag (providing my boy doesn't have a change condition on it).

Let us know if anyone finds any better!

I've just started using this for my allergic boy and so far it is the only kibble he can tolerate and doesn't make him break out in a rash so I thought I'd look it up because Petstock charge around $130 for 15kg.

So, what I found, Petfood24/7 sell 15kg for $107.75 +$5.50p&h, so this will be my first go to when I need another bag (providing my boy doesn't have a change condition on it). Let us know if anyone finds any better!

Judging from recent posts on here about Petfood24/7 I wouldn't deal with them. People stated they've paid for orders that haven't been delivered and they're unable to contact the company by phone. Emails to them re the whereabouts of their order are not acknowledged.

Just found another website with even cheaper prop plan sensitive 15kg $92.25!!! Anyone had any dealings with Petshopboyz?

Whoops , hit wrong button :(

I have not ordered from them yet, but have certainly been keeping an eye on their great prices. I believe they have two shop fronts so at least if you have any problems you can walk in and get assistance. Its a shame but I dont think you can get the internet price going into the shop.

I just put in my first order with Petshopboyz for Pro Plan sensitive - wouldn't you know it, it's out of stock! I rang to see when it will be in stock and the lovely fellow explained Pro Plan has run out of stock as they are changing over from the American made product to Aussie made stuff! Obviously having will have ingredients sourced from new places, but will still be chicken free and as close to the original ingredients as possoble. It should also be back in stock within the next week and a half :heart:

I wonder if it will taste better? I've had my two on it (due to Eagle Pack's erratic supply) and Princess Mini won't touch the stuff unless she's starving. Grumpy's got a wobbly tummy and it doesn't seem to do anything for him.

petshopboys near where i am are very good with delivery etc and are nice people not sure if your dealing with the same people but here they do a great job ad normally very competitive with prices at petbarn S,S and stomach pro plan is normally around $133 ish depending if its on sale then its cheaper

I wonder if it will taste better? I've had my two on it (due to Eagle Pack's erratic supply) and Princess Mini won't touch the stuff unless she's starving. Grumpy's got a wobbly tummy and it doesn't seem to do anything for him.

i wanted to go onto eagle pack but wouldn't because of the erratic supply, but have only recently settled my boy on this and it is one of the few foods he actually likes! and for his sensitive tummy it seems to be agreeing with him, no really awful scours.

though it's not doing wonders for his coat which i would've expected. so i personally hope the new formula/ingredients don't change the taste too much.

anyway i just bought a small bag to wean him onto it and give him a couple of months to see if it agreed with him, so thanks for the info guys, i'll be ordering a bigger bag over the net next i think!

edit: for sentence that didn't make sense!

Edited by mackiemad

Pro Plan is on special at Pet Barn atm. It was around $35 saving. I'm on my second bag after previously feeding Eagle Pack and I wont be buying a 3rd. The dogs poos are enormous and sloppy.

if i had a choice, i certainly wouldn't feed it. i find it particularly greasy and ick. but its all my dag can eat, believe me, I've tried.

it really does look like i wont be able to save money on it, if the online places do sell it cheaper, its the shipping to WA that gets me.

oh, well there was no harm in trying, i suppose.

thanks for all your help guys.

oh and as far as poos go, i have found Juggs poo to be dark and firm, i have certianly seen worse (like when i trialed her on Supercoat).

I had my old 40kg sensitive gut dog on proplan sensitive for years, had no issues with large sloppy poo at all, it suited him and he did very very well on it. Nutro, Artemis and a few others all gave us grief, it really is a case of finding what suits your dog.

At the moment I have a real success story after we despaired ever getting her right, who is thriving on Euk GSD and raw.

The sloppy poos are gone along with the wind and the scratching and chewing.