Dog Sleeping Bags

Swizzlestick

I'm looking for a sleeping bag for Daphne.

I know whippetwear have great ones, but was looking to spend less than $190. Will if I have to though.

So, if any of you DOLers have a sleeping bag specifically for dogs (rather than just a human one) I'd love to know more about it, and love to see some pics!

Thanks.

Sir WJ

Edited by Sir WJ

why don't you make one out of a quilt, you can pick up single bed ones quite cheap, then measure the size you want for you dog and sew it up, would be much cheaper than $190, depending on the size you need you might get more than one out of the quilt

just an idea, it might work

:thumbsup:

Ohh that'd be perfect for my red terror, pity he hasn't stopped killing his beds yet!

wash it in a vinegar/water solution, they wont want to put it in there mouth then,

i wash my puppies beding in it and either she is not a chewer - not likely

or she does not like the taste of it

Why not buy a kids sleeping bag from somewhere like K-Mart? If you have an Anaconda near you they often have very good specials on sleeping bags as well. I know these will obviously be bigger than a dog one but if you can sew you cut it in half and have 2 sleeping bags for probably $25 max.

These look pretty darn cozy. A bit pricey but I have bought stuff from them before and it's good quality.

Cocoons

One of these is on my next shopping list :)

Thanks for the replies and links everyone.

I have considered making one. When I mentioned this to other half, he just said pfft, just buy one already!

The snooza one doesn't quiet look snuggly enough :swear: The top layer looks a bit too light like a sheet :swear:

The cocoon from whippetwear is the one I really like :swear:

The other one that is nice is This one.

Hmmmm decisions decisions! :swear:

Edited by Sir WJ

These look pretty darn cozy. A bit pricey but I have bought stuff from them before and it's good quality.

Cocoons

One of these is on my next shopping list :bolt:

Thanks for the replies and links everyone.

I have considered making one. When I mentioned this to other half, he just said pfft, just buy one already!

The snooza one doesn't quiet look snuggly enough :) The top layer looks a bit too light like a sheet :rofl:

The cocoon from whippetwear is the one I really like :rofl:

The other one that is nice is This one!

Hmmmm decisions decisions! :rofl:

Yoohoo! Sir WJ, that link is not working......One too many http//s. They do look very toasty so I'll think about getting one for next winter.

I cut off the extra http and looked anyway.

Thanks for starting this topic. :bolt: My sooky lala pup will be loving life in his sleeping bag bed and I might get a comfortable nights sleep as it might help keep him from sneaking under my doona.

My dog is able to get under the doona without assistance.

Flips it up a bit with her nose, put front paws in bed, then crawls in as flat as possible... then gets annoyed if *I* move.

Edited by p_stampy

That looks so cosy WJ, can Daphne get into the sleeping bag by herself? I'd love to get mine sleeping bags if they could get in and out independently.

Yeah it's very cosy. :hitself: She can get in by herself. Just pokes her nose in, then scoots in turns around and flops.

Just like she does in our bed :( She likes to sleep with her legs straight (as many whippets do) and keeps poking me in the back with her feet. Was time for her own bed.

She slept all night in it last night. :flame:

Is the base ripstop, or is it a more snuggly material ?

Can't imagine my whippies liking ripstop to lie on somehow. :(

Trish

I'm not sure what I'd call it. It is very very snug and cosy though.

The inside at the bottom is the same fabric as the outside (the shiny stuff) with a padded mat inside it.

Fabric is just like a normal sleeping bag for humans. Only thing is, the fabric is a bit noisy if they tend to move around. Daphne sleeps like a log though which is handy.

:hitself: