Behavioural Questions

W Sibs

Ever since I got Emmy... she has done this really cute thing (one of thousands... haha!). What she does is, when I come home, and she settles down.. she comes and sits in front of me, her body all relaxed, her ears back and she offers me her paws while giving me her puppy dogs eyes. I shake her paw and give her a cuddle. But, I always wonder what does it mean?

Charlie is a toy giver... whenever he happy to see me, he grabs a toy/object on the floor and offers it to me, and gets all excited when I take it off him and say Thank you. I don't know what that means either, but I think it's very cute.

Any idea Dolers?

Could it be that you have trained her that this is the way to get attention?

Bitty gets food by offering me objects. When I cook something she DESPEREATELY wants she will go and offer me object after object. It is so cute she always gets her food. Sometimes the food takes long to cook so I end up with a mountain of objects as she has hunted through and offered me every single of her belongings.

Last night she wanted crispy chicken and tried so hard! In the end it took so long she hauled herself off to a little corner looking ever so despondent and forlorn! She could hardly believe it when I finally emerged with chicken and a big kiss for her!

Bubby...............just whinges. I don’t let him bark but he constantly amazes me by the vast array of noises he can make to bypass the no barking rule!

Pawing is an innate thing - they do it as tiny babies to mum and to each other in play ..even before they can walk properly .. so pawing ( or as we like to see it 'giving a paw') is merely a poke,a 'mum let the milk down' / attention/play/thing ..and if rewarded by attention/praise, well, it is used very often !

Awww... not sure if it's bad, but i think it's really cute :) I didn't realise they are training me! OMG, they are soo sneaky! It's adorable :wave:

I think it's sweet because Emmy is so gentle about it, and usually she isn't gentle about anything... and I'm all about rewarding her being cute, sweet and friendly. If she wants my attention, I like that she does it this way (better then her previous way of launching herself on me going full speed).

Charlie is a goof when I take the toy off him :D He has this funny grin, and he does his little hoppy thing...

Bubby...............just whinges. I don’t let him bark but he constantly amazes me by the vast array of noises he can make to bypass the no barking rule!

Yep, this is Charlie too!

I have a dane who comes and puts his bum on the couch beside me (front legs are on the ground) when he wants a pat. If I ignore I get a paw. If I continue to ignore, he repositions himself closer and then closer still until he is leaning against me.

I have a dane who comes and puts his bum on the couch beside me (front legs are on the ground) when he wants a pat. If I ignore I get a paw. If I continue to ignore, he repositions himself closer and then closer still until he is leaning against me.

:):wave:

that is too funny