Eagle Pack Supply Issue

natamalie

Hey all,

There seems to be a supply issue with Eagle Pack at the moment, so I am considering changing brands as this is not the first time I've struggled.

What dry food would people recommend other than Eagle Pack? I have a 16 month old Ridgeback who has been getting the adult formula for large and giant breeds. I'm really disappointed to have to change brands as he is in really good condition coat/skin/weight wise but what can you do I guess?

Thanks all, appreciate your input.

-Nat

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have made the change from Eagle Pack to Artemis, I truly believe there has been a change in quality of food since they sold the company, Eagle Pack Holistic and Eagle Pack are now also seperate.

My dogs lost coat quality on Eagle Pack and i have never had that problem wit hthem, they are all doing great on Artemis.

I have just made the change from EaglePack. Molly has always done really well on the Natural or Original formula and it was a good price. I just got so sick of not being able to get a bag when I needed it and my local supplier tried to get it for me and was equally frustrated. I have switched Molly to Nutro lamb and rice. She loves it but I am in early days so I dont know how she will go regards coat and energy levels etc. It has lower protein than the Eagle pack original which was her main food so we will see. On the positive side it feels good to buy Australian made.I am thinking of trying Black Hawk when I get through the 30kg of Nutro I have.

Edited by mokhahouse

I have made the change from Eagle Pack to Artemis, I truly believe there has been a change in quality of food since they sold the company, Eagle Pack Holistic and Eagle Pack are now also seperate.

My dogs lost coat quality on Eagle Pack and i have never had that problem wit hthem, they are all doing great on Artemis.

Separate to what?

I've just received a very generous sample of the Black Hawk Holistic and all the dogs loved it, I will be trialling my pups on it for the next few weeks :rofl:

Edited for spelling :cheer:

Edited by Avindie

oops, double post.

Eagle Pack is supposed to back in stock in some stores( my local Petstock included) and online suppliers end of OCT been emailing all online suppliers .

Which online suppliers? The Natural Pet Store, where I often get dog food, is no longer stocking it due to the lack of supply. Indeed, Pet Barn told me they were going to delete it.

That's odd Sheriden - I was at Petbarn today and was told that they're expecting to be back to full supply by November - and this is the store with their head office.

I understand the food is now called Holistic Select is what it is called in the US and Eagle Pack is the name being used in Australia. It ties in with the fact there is a new(ish) food called Golden Eagle on the market - this is made by people associated with the Cocquyt family who made the original EP and follows the original recipe. EP was bought by WellPet in 2009 and moved away from the original recipe then.

FYI too - the company that makes Innova, California Naturals and Evo was purchased by Proctor & Gamble earlier this year.

I got the message from Linda Arndt (the Great Dane Lady who was associated with the original EP for around 20 years. I emailed her to ask why she no longer recommended EP as part of her Blackwatch Feeding program and it was because of (in part) the change in recipe.

She advised me that Golden Eagle was the return to the original recipe but that, as far as she knew, there were no plans to export to Aus.

After the company sold EP were actually going to stop exporting to Aus but they received so much feedback about this they remained.

Edited by Danois

After the company sold EP were actually going to stop exporting to Aus but they received so much feedback about this they remained.

Ehh...that always gives me bad vibes, like the company is waiting for an excuse to pull out of exporting here.

I was told that Golden Eagle was coming, but this was over a year ago and that rumour may or may not be true because whilst I know who told me, I can't credit them or their sources at all. Fingers crossed I guess.

That's odd Sheriden - I was at Petbarn today and was told that they're expecting to be back to full supply by November - and this is the store with their head office.

I understand the food is now called Holistic Select is what it is called in the US and Eagle Pack is the name being used in Australia. It ties in with the fact there is a new(ish) food called Golden Eagle on the market - this is made by people associated with the Cocquyt family who made the original EP and follows the original recipe. EP was bought by WellPet in 2009 and moved away from the original recipe then.

FYI too - the company that makes Innova, California Naturals and Evo was purchased by Proctor & Gamble earlier this year.

Eagle Pack is their Premium Range and Holistic Select is their Eagle Pack Holistic with a name/package change. Everything we order here is Holistic Select.

We started stocking EPHS over 12months and there were supply issues back then that they kept telling us would be resolved by such and such a time. We've never had a complete order filled - always something missing.

I emailed the EP distributor direct a few weeks back and they told me the supply issues were being resolved.

I didn't hold my breath but happened to be in Pet Barn Brookvale on weekend and they did have it in stock. This Pet Barn told me when I rang them a couple of weeks ago they weren't going to be stocking it any more :laugh:

I looked at the expiry and it was Aug 11 so I think it must be newish stock. We got a big bag.