Behaviour Changes

Leithy

As soon as I started reading this I thought - Grass seed - ONLY becuase this was the way Abby was behaving on Wednesday night and that was the culprit :p Luckily I had taken her straight to the vet and they managed to get it out before it had gone down further otherwise she would have had to be sedated to get it out :laugh:

I had no idea that a grass seed in the ear would make my pup act that badly, I thougth she was dying, poisoned or something :laugh:

$225 for an emergency consult and she is all better :laugh:

Edited by Jodi1981

Neighbours are not much help unfortunately but I know the family accross the road are absolutely feral and have been found in our house before.

I had a look over here last nite, no ticks, no sores or anything.

I'm going to the vet this morning. I let her out this morning and she went and just laid down in the grass, first thing she does is go out for a drink.

Thanks for the help guys. Appreciate it.

I hope you mean in your yard and not in your HOUSE! :laugh:

Edited cos I can't Spellll

Edited by all that glitters

She is much better today back to her normal self :rofl: back to happy and confident and running around in the rain :)

Yeh these ferals have been found in our HOUSE. Didn't take anything but freaked my mother out. I think they are moving away soon so that will help...

Grass seeds are nasty things, I'm glad I got to the vet before it got infected. I have to take my cat now because her ear has folded back at the tip and it's red sooooo back we go next week. Lukcily its not bothering her too much. I've missed the vet this morning so it will have to be Monday.

Thanks guys :rofl:

I'm glad to hear it's been sorted.

I'd been told a long time ago thet it only takes a grass seed to set off a good case of canker.

When I took our old Wei in for some work on her teeth (about 12 yars old, so it happens), I asked the vets to also do a good clean out of her ears. I had a sneaking suspicion something was not too good in there and, as she was going under a general anyway, why not?

They sort of ummed and ahhed and I insisted.

When I picked her up, they said they did not know what I was worried about as there were only a couple of grass seeds in there. :rofl:

I just bit my tongue and paid the bill.