Answer From Another Thread.

Steve

I know I've told a few people about Judy none of them are dog people and they all say that it's impossible! Can't be true and if it was surely it would be in the media. Thing is most people believe that the RSPCA are under the control of a higher authority so they don't see the problem with increasing their controls. No one thinks this will happen to them.

If the RSPCA gets these powers people will end up being bankrupted and I can see them being losing their homes with no charges being laid just because the RSPCA wants boarding etc fees being paid up front. I tell people this and they accuse me of histrionics, but when you have a mortgage etc you can't afford to have multiple thousands just disappear because someone thinks they might be able to prove you've done something.....

I suspect it's already a done deal but I can try.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my suspicion is rallys big enough to attract the tv and papers to headline it.

polies want and like press..

we need to get enough numbers to rallys at the parliment gates.

then every pollie who want's his/her piccie taken might, just might actually listen while he/she's being pictured by the press. any photo shoot will do from what ive noticed over the decades, if they think theres a vote in it theyr there.

cynical... u bet... but any better ideas?

Edited by asal

I know I've told a few people about Judy none of them are dog people and they all say that it's impossible! Can't be true and if it was surely it would be in the media. Thing is most people believe that the RSPCA are under the control of a higher authority so they don't see the problem with increasing their controls. No one thinks this will happen to them.

If the RSPCA gets these powers people will end up being bankrupted and I can see them being losing their homes with no charges being laid just because the RSPCA wants boarding etc fees being paid up front. I tell people this and they accuse me of histrionics, but when you have a mortgage etc you can't afford to have multiple thousands just disappear because someone thinks they might be able to prove you've done something.....

I suspect it's already a done deal but I can try.

No I dont think thats already a done deal and in my opinion it never will be but it is already a done deal that there will be some law changes to make life harder for breeders because both sides of politics in Victoria have said they will do that if they come to power.

No one knows what they are yet and here's hoping that before any new laws come in we will at least get to say something .

Dont get sucked into this - its not good for you or your dogs.

All we are discussing here is the fact that there are already laws in place and why I dont support rallying for more laws or more powers for enforcement.

There is no bill yet and there is nothing as yet on the table which is specific to these things - there is definitely time right now to research and come up with potential alternatives and counter arguments.But in my opinion trying to make a difference via things which have been presented here isnt the best battle plan and thats what we need to be looking at. Right now you can bet your life that someone is drafting what they think is the preferred changes to present to which ever party wins.

First things first - letters need to go to the people you will have a chance to vote for - not to tell them about how great purebred dogs are or how much more special we are but to ask them what their level of understanding is of the issues and what they think is the best method of dealing with them- one of the big issues is what they think of giving more powers to the RSPCA. Then you know which one you agree with more based on these issues which are important to you,which ones you want to educate more - you can share their repsonses and begin to make a battle plan based on the facts of where they are coming from and likely outcomes etc. We cannot keep thinking we are special and therefore exempt from anything which may be introduced.we cannot trust Vic dogs to adequately represent our interests.

Every person who owns a dog needs these questions answered BEFORE THEY VOTE and every person who is running for office needs to know what their constituents think rather than what the noisy mob calls for.

Edited by Steve

BUMPING

THIS needs EVERYONES attention please read and spread the word we DONT need more dog laws PLEASE

One day we will lose our right to own/breed the next day we will be dictated on how our pets will be liveing there lives

lts out right to own a dog but if they have there way WE WONT HAVE RIGHTS

Thanks Ansal very interesting they state the report should have been completed last mth[sep]wonder were them findings are??

lm going to post this link on my face book account and ask everyone to back each other and stop the RSPAC from being able to gain more powers

Edited by mortonplace