Cody Is Sick - Geting Better Now :-)

poor man, is it worth giving a vet a ring and having a chat? see if they think he needs to go in sooner?

The emergency vet said if he's not dehydrating he'll be ok until he sees the normal vet.

Hi Lofty

I hope your boy is starting to feel better. It is absolutely awful when you have no idea what is making them feel unwell.

I know you have an appointment with your regular vet tomorrow, but in the meantime perhaps you could call the emergency vet and have a chat and see what they think? Is Cody taking water at all?

ETA perhaps you could try mixing the chicken broth in with his water? If he refuses plain water I would be taking him back to the emergency vet.

ETA again - Oh I just saw your post which states he isn't interested in the broth. Perhaps a phone call the vet would help. :eek: he has picked up by now and it's only a tummy upset.

I hope Cody picks up soon. xx

Thanks, Kody's_mum.

Yeah, he's not taking the broth. I will try again soon with a fresh lot.

Yesterday he was licking water off my hand so I will do that again.

It will be interesting to see how much he weighs tomorrow. He was 31kg on Sunday, last time he was at the vets he was 33 or so.

Awww hope he picks up soon. :)

When Moose got stuck into some macadamias and was really unwell (with vomiting) it took him a couple of days to get his appetite back. Hopefully Cody just has a bit of a sore tummy.

:eek: all goes okay tomorrow. :(

I hope Cody perks up soon :thumbsup:

Try some milk in water to get him drinking, that gets my guys going when they are a bit sick. Lectade is also good to have on hand and I think there was a thread on DOL not long ago about using human electrolyte stuff on dogs.

Found the thread http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...207013&st=0 there's a few ideas you could try to get him drinking.

Hey Lofty

Try a little honey in some milk or water and see if he will take that?

Best wishes for tomorrow and hope Cody bounces back soon! :D

I hope Cody perks up soon :laugh:

Try some milk in water to get him drinking, that gets my guys going when they are a bit sick. Lectade is also good to have on hand and I think there was a thread on DOL not long ago about using human electrolyte stuff on dogs.

Found the thread http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...207013&st=0 there's a few ideas you could try to get him drinking.

Thanks. :laugh: That's definitely something to keep in mind.

Good news this morning. Cody is happy. He's had chicken broth and licked the bowl clean and he's back to assuming every time I move it is to get him something to eat. :thumbsup:

I've also collected a number one & a number two sample to take to the vet this afternoon.

He'd have to be starving by now since the only solid food he's kept down since Friday is a cup of rice.

I haven't given him any solid food yet today though. I'm going to call the vet and see if he needs to fast for any blood tests.

Good news this morning. Cody is happy. He's had chicken broth and licked the bowl clean and he's back to assuming every time I move it is to get him something to eat. :laugh:

OMG! Our dogs went to the same school! :p Both came out with the same results too! :o

Good luck for the vets and hope Cody keeps improving :laugh:

Edited by Golden Rules

Good news this morning. Cody is happy. He's had chicken broth and licked the bowl clean and he's back to assuming every time I move it is to get him something to eat. :laugh:

OMG! Our dogs went to the same school! :p Both came out with the same results too! :o

Good luck for the vets and hope Cody keeps improving :laugh:

;)

We went to the vet. They said, assuming he doesn't vomit again they'll assume it's gastro. Since he started getting well on his own.

I think he's still feeling a bit off because he's only eaten half the rice I've given him and then gone back to bed. But he was so excited to get food.

I know when people get gastro it can take a few days for their stomachs to fully settle, I guess dogs are the same.