Kong Toys

Itoys_mummy

Hi guys... Im starting work soon so was.thinking about getting a Kong toy for my lhasa... Just wondering how hygenic this would be as im planning on putting in some peanut butter....

How easy are they to clean?

they are not easy to clean.

I usually soak mine in warm water with some disinfectant or washing liquid for a while and then wipe it out with a cloth and rinse.

I only this do this about once eveyr two weeks- one month.

It depends what you put in there though.

I put in some canned food once and the dog couldn't get it out. I tried to help her and found i also couldn't get it out either!

Ick, I would never put them in a dishwasher with human dishes in there too! :D

Dishwashers aren't that thorough, and I don't want bits of dog food getting stuck in between the prongs of my fork while they're floating around the dishwasher!

Soaking it in a bucket of boiling/hot water and scrubbing with a toothbrush sounds like the most logical method to me.

Ick, I would never put them in a dishwasher with human dishes in there too! :laugh:

Dishwashers aren't that thorough, and I don't want bits of dog food getting stuck in between the prongs of my fork while they're floating around the dishwasher!

Everything that goes into the kongs is human food but even if it were kibble I wouldn't care. :D

I'm cautious of using meat/meat-based products .... or even sweet foods, in things such as kongs in the summer months. In fact, I'm cautious about leaving any bones out as well. Only for the fact that we have European Wasp problems in the area I live in and the things absolutely swarm around these foods. So take care.

Ick, I would never put them in a dishwasher with human dishes in there too! :rofl:

Everything that goes into the kongs is human food but even if it were kibble I wouldn't care. :laugh:

Dju maybe you just need a better dishwasher :D

The most important thing I've discovered about kongs is keeping track of them...nothing worse than finding a half-full one hidden somewhere days (or weeks) after it was given. Those kongs go straight in boiling water.