Puppy Wormers

LizT

Okay so the Vet nurse sold me some Canex chocolate flavoured suspension (what the??? why chocolate flavoured)

What a fun afternoon that was NOT! :laugh:

So which wormers DON'T give them the runs??

Okay so the Vet nurse sold me some Canex chocolate flavoured suspension (what the??? why chocolate flavoured)

What a fun afternoon that was NOT! :laugh:

Never had that problem.

I think chocolate flavoured because dogs like chocolate so much.

I use Troy Worm Ban puppy syrup and as soon as old enough give the appropriate dose in what ever tablet dose I have at the time.

Usually Paratak Plus.

What a fun afternoon that was NOT! :rofl:

Never had that problem.

I use Troy Worm Ban puppy syrup and as soon as old enough give the appropriate dose in what ever tablet dose I have at the time.

Usually Paratak Plus.

Tell me about it! I was at the Vets recently with Crystal when she ate a block of "Old Gold Rum 'n Raisin". ;)

So why give them a taste for it?? :laugh:

What a fun afternoon that was NOT! :(

Never had that problem.

Usually Paratak Plus.

Tell me about it! I was at the Vets recently with Crystal when she ate a block of "Old Gold Rum 'n Raisin". :)

So why give them a taste for it?? :thumbsup:

Never thought about it that way before. :o

I've known drontal cause problems, I've never had aproblem with panacur, but don't think you can get it in Oz?

Yes Panacur is available through out Oz.

The only problem with it is, having to dose three days running as some people hate doing it once let

alone 3 times. :laugh:

I use drontal suspension for the first few wormings and then drontal tablets when they are about 6 weeks, i put the tablet in a piece of mince so they don't know what they are eating, but with the drontal syrup they usually hate the taste so i mix abit of honey in each dose to mask the flavour

Thanks everyone,

I want to make life easier for those going to their new homes at 8 weeks. Don't want the new owners to have to deal with 'that mess' as well!

Edited by LizT

I don't usually let my cav bubs leave until 10 weeks, as i think they are still too young and small to let go at 8 weeks, so if you are worried at all about any of the health of the babies hold off until you are sure that they are fine

I've used both the Canex (thought the choco thing was bizarre too). The Drontal tabs I gave wrapped in a bit of ham, yummo, did they get scoffed down quickly :-)

We had a few sloppy messes from using both kinds, but nothing too serious, tends to run its course and only last a day or two before they are firming up. Next time I'm only going to feed dry when I worm as I find that mince can give a looser stool as well.

I don't worm my pups till they are 3-4 weeks old and use drontol tablets. Might get a couple sloppy poos but never the runs/squirts.

Mum is always well wormed and I have never had a wormy pup.

I used to use the suryps at 2 weeks till I lost a pup through it, never again.

Leanne