What's Considered A Heathly Poop?

Shmurps

After reading post re constipation I was wondering what is considered healthy/unhealthy?

I have changed to BARF, well I would say 80% and the other EP.

I bought Dr.B's book "Give a Dog a Bone" and the DVD of the seminar. I do buy the BARF patties, make some up, and RMB.

I'm not sure if 50% RMB was too high for mine? Poop was small and very white, I know the small part is good, but would that mean too much calcium?

Someone posted a while ago what different colored poop meant. I have tried to find it.

My guys poop is normally a well formed consistency ... if the older boy get too much bone then his poo goes hard and crumbly. He needs a higher meat content so he is getting about 60 to 70% meat/veges etc and only about 30 to 40% in bone.

I found my guys normal poo is darker on the red meats; lighter on white and a yellowy colour on turkey.

Same here - and not huge quantities overall either - its incredible how the poo quantity (and smell!) reduces on barf ( I assume cos there's not a lot of rubbish that isn't absorbed in it). Mine (the dogs that is!) barely smell at all! :laugh:

For me it needs to be small, slightly bouncy, with no smell - perfect!