Wild Salmon Oil

Im new to the forums.

I usually give my dogs 2 Fish Oil Capsules every day. When I went to the pharmacy to buy another bottle yesterday they didnt have any which contained Vitamin E. I prefer to give the capsules with Vitamin E included which saves me giving extra Vitamin E capsules incase I forget.

I purchased a bottle of Swiss Cold Pressed Wild Salmon Oil 1000mg capsules but someone mentioned afterwards that this may not be ok for my dogs??

The ingredients are:

Omega 3 Marine Triglycerides 200mg

eq. to EPA 80mg

eq. to DHA 80mg

D-ALPHA TOCOPHEROL 33.56mg

eq. to Vitamin E 50IU

Can anyone tell me if this is ok to give my dogs instead of normal Fish Oil capsules? I thought the Salmon Oil would be great for them but now i'm confused.

I've been giving my dogs wild salmon oil for 3-4 years. It's supposed to be better than the normal fish oil because it's from deep sea, cold water salmon. Mercury level is not an issue with cold water wild salmon.

The oncologist suggested I try to find this oil for my dog when we were treating her for cancer. Swisse had not released their product at the time and I used to buy deep see salmon oil from NZ and have it sent over. Since Swisse started making it I've been buying their product. I take it as well as giving it to the dogs. I wouldn't go back to the normal fish oil now. The dogs also have a natural Vit E capsule every second day.

Thankyou :D

I think the concern was the fact that this is Wild Salmon and not farmed Salmon.

It sounds great on the label and is apparently free from any toxins typically found in farmed Salmon. Still not sure :laugh:

Ah ok, I think you're thinking about 'Salmon Poisoning Disease'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salmon_poisoning_disease

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanophyetus_s...thology_in_Dogs

I have to say I have no idea whether this would be an issue in wild salmon oil or not :D