Question For Show People

kat99

Hi ,

i have bought my self a lovely show dog she alraedy has 1 bob she is trained to stand she will be 7 month old when i get her in 6 weeks time , every so excited .

okay so here is my question i have the application forms to join the club , but as im about to have a baby and need to get fit my sister was going to show her for me for a lil bit.

I have being told that she has to join the club that is no worries but she also has to be co -owner of the dog were are in nsw and will show at morisett shows only , my sister lives at home with mum and mum said a BIG NO to co -ownership . is there away around this ???

Hi ,

i have bought my self a lovely show dog she alraedy has 1 bob she is trained to stand she will be 7 month old when i get her in 6 weeks time , every so excited .

Dogs are only eligible for Best of Breed when they can stand for the challenges - eg over 6 months. Maybe she was best baby puppy of her breed? Either way it's very exciting, and as others have said your sister only needs to be a member, not a co-owner. I hope she brings you lots of success and fun.

Hi diva , i may of misunderstood the breeder , thanks im sure she will bring me lots of fun and sucess , i have got a LOvely belgian shepherd , i was getting a pup pup . but after much disscuison , and this girl offered to me as the breeder is a good freind . i decided to buy her for a few reasons .

1 she is has being to a few shows and stacks .

2 she is mostly over that puppy puppy stage .

3 shes a bitch and i already ahve two desexed males so didnt think it was wise to introduce another male

4 due to her age being older pup she can teach me and my sister alot.

5 im just about to have a baby and needed something that was already toilet trained .

we plan to show , do obdeince , and hopefully agilty and maybe flyball . she will be a family pet as well as a show dog after having our last bitch stolen from our yard in august we now have cameras up and are spliting the yard .still in hope that our other bitch is one day returned .

another questions

where do i buy dog leads show leads and collars from ???

we plan on going to a few shows before we even get her to talk to a few breeders and learn a bit ,

can anyone tell me when the next morisett show is .?

where do i buy dog leads show leads and collars from ???

we plan on going to a few shows before we even get her to talk to a few breeders and learn a bit ,

can anyone tell me when the next morisett show is .?

You can buy leads, chains etc from most dog show venues whena show is on drom the vendors there.

Next shows at Morisset are Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th December other than that there are shows this weekend and next weekend at Hillsborough Dog Showgrounds which are only 1/2 hour from Morisset.

My boy got a BOB at 2 days older then 6 mths. It's possible (especially when you are the only person in the state exhibiting the breed :( )

True...but the way I read the OP's post is that the bitch isn't even 6 months old yet if she is going to be 7 months old in 6 weeks time! :D

My boy got a BOB at 2 days older then 6 mths. It's possible (especially when you are the only person in the state exhibiting the breed :D )

True...but the way I read the OP's post is that the bitch isn't even 6 months old yet if she is going to be 7 months old in 6 weeks time! ;)

:( Yeah I just read that. It is impossible for the dog to have gotten a BOB then

ETA I thought the dog was already 7 mths, hence the confusion.

Edited by valleyCBR

My boy got a BOB at 2 days older then 6 mths. It's possible (especially when you are the only person in the state exhibiting the breed ;) )

True...but the way I read the OP's post is that the bitch isn't even 6 months old yet if she is going to be 7 months old in 6 weeks time! ;)

:( Yeah I just read that. It is impossible for the dog to have gotten a BOB then

ETA I thought the dog was already 7 mths, hence the confusion.

If it was the breeder's shorthand. BOB is also used for Baby of Breed. :D

i think i need to calculate age propley LOL .

yes im aware that she can't be desexed . but thats is fine my yard is very secure and both my boys are desexed .

coolies i might head up to a december show .

i think she is 6 month old now and got that bob last wkend . so 6 weeks time would make it . 7 months and 1 week ???

ill get her dob i think haha

Actually, if she was born March 8th, she is almost EIGHT months old...not 9 months. :rofl:

LOL well thats even better haha . my brain is terrible when it comes to maths LOL .

well she has only being shown twice with 1 bob so am happy with that . but will do some more showing with her . when i get her