Bob-a-lot Toy

corvus

Does anybody have one of those Bob-A-Lot toys? I've been thinking about getting one, but we have a treat dispensing pyramid, which Erik LOVES, but somehow he always gets it wedged under cupboards, the couch, or behind the fridge. I'm wondering if the Bob-A-Lot tends to end up in the same ridiculous places or if it's too big to get wedged. Yesterday I found the pyramid under the couch where it had been hiding for months. I do not know how Erik gets it under there because it barely fits. He tends to slam it around with great gusto. I often wonder if he's going to put it through a wall one day.

Here's the Bob-A-Lot:

BobaLot_1.jpg

Kynan has one and loves it but gets angry at it when it stops paying out treats. It is quite large (about 30cm high) and doesn't get stuck. Kynan has worked out how to unscrew the yellow lid (and he is not very destructive) so it is now very chewed however the rest of it is very tough and is in good condition after a couple of months of daily use.

Edited by Kynan

My boss has one for his Newfy and he absolutely loves it.

Though I've heard of some dogs chewing the yellow lid off, but if you don't have a destructo dog I think it would be great.

:) yes Boo chewed the lid. He picked it up, took it into his crate and turned it into a big chew toy.

We have one that Oscar has seen once and it now sits in the cupboard basically brand new :laugh:

First time we gave it a go he took it straight to his bed to chew the lid off. We brought it back to 'show' him where the treats come from etc, and still he decided it would be more fun to chew. So it is a toy that doesn't work for us, we have a dog that likes to chew all his toys.

But otherwise is a fantastic idea, and great toy, if it suits your dog. We will have to wait a couple of years for puppy number 2 for it to become useful for us :rolleyes:

Heidi has one, and enjoys bobbing it about to get her food out. It is noisy, and sometimes I use it inside on a rainy day for added mental stimulation. I close off all the doorways and put it in the hall way......yes, it is very noisy, but entertaining.

I do find that she barks at it if it gets stuck in a corner. I can't leave her with it without having to get up at least 3 or 4 times to get it out of an awkward situation for her. She will sometimes pick it up, and I don't like the thought of it falling out of her mouth, cause it's quite heavy, and I have visions of her paws getting stomped on by the toy... ouch.

We have one, it holds a lot of kibble for a Whippet! I have 5 treat "balls" including the Bobablot, it's our dog's favourite. Ours hasn't been chewed at all. At first glance, I couldn't work out how to adjust the outlet, but it is adjustable, so you can easily adjust how fast or slow they get their treats.