Dog Beds

shepherdpower

Hi all

Can someone recommend a really comfortable dog bed which is suitable for a long-haired Shepherd. I have one of the Snooza Durobeds, which is okay, but at the stage where it needs to be replaced. It doesn't matter what kind of bed I buy for him, his hair absolutely sticks to all of them and it is so hard to get off. I want a bed that is well-padded but easy to wash. He is a big dog, and he needs as much comfort as possible, as he is getting a bit of arthritis now, so something supportive as well.

I just use a steel framed bed with a hessian sack. I vacuum it regularly as I vacuum my bedroom floor. I do have a sheet underneath though to protect the carpet from the dust. I just pick up the sheet and wash it regularly and shake it. Rubber gloves wet will always removed dog hair.

• 3 weeks later...

Our GSDs have Perla plastic dog beds with a custom fitted faux leather memory foam mattress. The faux leather is very easy to wipe clean and the Perla beds provide an enclosed space low to the ground. The beds are available in a number of sizes to suit everything from a Tea Cup Poodle to a Great Dane. Our 11 year old girl has a bit of arthritis now and this bed/ mattress combination keeps her comfortable. Our youngest seems quite comfortable too!

Edited by Dxenion