Bob-a-lot Versus Kong Wobbler

quickbrownfox

OK don't laugh, but I want to buy my dog a Christmas present this year.

He has recently started to enjoy using his Buster Cube, however he can be a bit too enthusiatic playing with it (i.e smacking it around furniture and bouncing it off walls) while watching the telly.

So I figured I should try another dispenser toy that is a bit quieter. I have read reviews online that the Bob-A-Lot and KONG Wobblers are pretty good.

Does anyone have any personal experience with these toys? Pros/cons?

a short video of Elbie and his wobbler. You can judge the noisiness for yourself :laugh:

Wow! It's bigger than I expected. Much more quiet than the Buster Cube (seriously, the BC sounds like the house is being demolished.)

Looks like the hole is one size? (BC can adjust the size of the hole to make getting treats out more challenging.)

I've been thinking about buying one of these for Ruby too. I recently got her a Buster cube which she loves (or seems to anyway :) ). I wouldn't get a wobbler from Petbarn though- more than triple the price as in the States! :D

I've had a look on Amazon and they have them for AUD $9, but with shipping it costs $23 total (it does have tracking however.) Vet-n-Pet Direct has them for $29.95, which is cheaper than dStore, PetHealth and eBay (which are closer to $40.) I have worked with Australia Post before and I know how frantic, frustrating and S L O W the Christmas mail is, so if I wanted to get one I wouldn't buy overseas now, despite being cheaper. Had I known earlier I would had got one :D

efs

Edited by quickbrownfox

How does the Kong Wobbler compare to a dog pyramid toy in size?

Nina_Ottosson_Dog_Pyramid_Interactive_Dog_Toy[2].jpg

We have a pyramid, which is totally awesome, but it constantly gets wedged under things. I was going to get a Bob-A-Lot because I think it's big and round enough that it won't get caught under or behind things so often.

The kong version I have seen is about 50%+ bigger then the pyramid I have for my dogs, it also has a wierd shape hole at the top. It also unscrews at the base, which the pyramid doesn't (or at least mine doesn't seem to).

I have the Bob a Lot! :rofl: Its biggest pro for me is the durability as very few things survive one of my dogs. There are teeth marks gnawed all over the top, but it works just fine and he's never been able to unscrew it or damage the main part. It's great that you can adjust it in two places for ease of access/difficulty. I use it mainly to tire out my dog.

But yes, it is heavy and noise levels go up considerably if the dog is bashing it against the colourbond, as mine is often likely to do.

Edited by Ms Genki

Thumbs -up for the bob-a-lot from me. :rofl: It has kept my litter entertained and now the young monster we have kept from the litter is getting heaps of entertainment from it.

Edited by Tapua

We have a bob-a-lot and for a long time it kept our dog amused...until the day we came home and found he had chewed the top off...but a good present to keep your pup amused for quite a while. :)

I got one of these today..the bob alot... How do u wash it?